• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Netplay Community Build - 0.2.0 released!

Are you interested in a Melee Netplay Community Build?

• Yes, I am

Votes: 1,042 97.2%
  • No, I'm not

Votes: 30 2.8%

• Total voters

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
I had a problem getting this to work with dios mios earlier, but after switching to nintendont it works perfectly. So if anybody else was experiencing the same issue just try that.

Chuckles

Smash Apprentice
Im having a problem on console. Everything boots fine. The menus work fine and all but when I start a game. As in, press start in the SSS it just freezes.

It also freezed when I tried to play All Star mode.

Edit: Reformatted the USB to 32kilobytes and it works now.

Last edited:

JagoTheTiger

Smash Apprentice
Is there like an mac alternate setup or tutorial for me to use? I really want to play this, but it wont work for me.
Any suggestions?? :4pacman:

Absolutely. You can load it with either Dios Mios or nintendont.

Theres listed instructions in the download, its a very simple process. If you have any trouble you can post here and someone will try to help.
Thanks for the help but can you play online with people on the wii? And if so is there a tutorial on how to set it up? Again I'm not very tech savvy so I apologize if my question is stupid.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Is there like an mac alternate setup or tutorial for me to use? I really want to play this, but it wont work for me.
Any suggestions?? :4pacman:
Setting it up on mac should be exactly the same, except you'll use multipatch instead of xdelta. You can get it here:
http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html

Thanks for the help but can you play online with people on the wii? And if so is there a tutorial on how to set it up? Again I'm not very tech savvy so I apologize if my question is stupid.
Unfortunately no, you cannot play online on the wii, only on dolphin through netplay. IIRC Wii online services shut down over a year ago.

Linus Gustavsson

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinusGustavsson
So um, loving all of this, really, but using NTSC 1.02 as the "core" of the PAL patch isn't helping us Wii Homebrew PAL users. If you don't own a CRT that displays at 60hz then you're basically out of luck, because then all of your NTSC games (including PAL version of MNCB) will display in black and white.

Us PAL users would be grateful if you know a fix for this, I saw you responding to someone else talking about this and we don't have any options to fix this except getting a 60hz CRT.

But other than that, thanks for all of this.
EDIT: Sorry for the gigantic resolution pic, forgot about that.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Why does every mod try to change the music? It is always completely unnecessary and the user can do it themselves if they truly wish. I do not want to be forced to listen to the remixes you want us to hear. I want to hear the original soundtrack.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Why does every mod try to change the music? It is always completely unnecessary and the user can do it themselves if they truly wish. I do not want to be forced to listen to the remixes you want us to hear. I want to hear the original soundtrack.
Then replace it with the original, like you said the user can do it themselves if they truly wish.

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Great work @ Myougi Myougi and the rest of the team! Can't wait to get better at Hacking this game to do cool stuff like you guys do! Maybe we'll have lagless Melee on wii someday? That would be the dream.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
So um, loving all of this, really, but using NTSC 1.02 as the "core" of the PAL patch isn't helping us Wii Homebrew PAL users. If you don't own a CRT that displays at 60hz then you're basically out of luck, because then all of your NTSC games (including PAL version of MNCB) will display in black and white.

Us PAL users would be grateful if you know a fix for this, I saw you responding to someone else talking about this and we don't have any options to fix this except getting a 60hz CRT.

But other than that, thanks for all of this.
EDIT: Sorry for the gigantic resolution pic, forgot about that.
Using a NTSC iso as the core was the only option to have a simultaneous NTSC and PAL release and for now. Most of the codes injected into the game haven't been converted to PAL, and some of them won't work with PAL. With that said, there is a possibility in the future that a start-to-finish PAL version could be made, but it will take a complete overhaul of things. For now though, sorry about the incompatibility with the build on console in the EU. I'm going to look if there's any way to play NTSC games on PAL-CRTs without the black and white terribleness. I'm sure it's possible, somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I only changed alternate songs on legal stages and some main songs on the modified stages (ex Smashville-Fourside has music from Smashville, BF's alt song is the Metal Battle theme straight from Melee itself). I tried to have a careful hand when replacing the music but if it doesn't suit you you're welcome to remove it and replace it with other music (permitted you'll be using the build on console. Changing the music WILL desync on netplay).

Setting it up on mac should be exactly the same, except you'll use multipatch instead of xdelta. You can get it here:
http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html

Unfortunately no, you cannot play online on the wii, only on dolphin through netplay. IIRC Wii online services shut down over a year ago.
Thanks. Ithought there were servers that people set up through Homebrew though for online play?

Myougi

Thanks. Ithought there were servers that people set up through Homebrew though for online play?
There are for native Wii games (ex: Brawl) like Wiimmfi but not other ones. The closest we have is NetSlug which allows people to play multiplayer games over the internet by syncing two Wiis up similar to how Dolphin does netplay, but this seems to only work for Wii games as far as I'm aware. NetSlug is still in realy early development and there's a lot of input delay right now, but hopefully that will be fixed sometime in the future. Hopefully GC games on NetSlug happen eventually, too!

Last edited:
There are for native Wii games (ex: Brawl) but not other ones. The closest we have is NetSlug which allows people to play multiplayer games over the internet by syncing two Wiis up similar to how Dolphin does netplay, but this seems to only work for Wii games as far as I'm aware. Hopefully GC games on NetSlug happen sometime!
Aww that's too bad. Thank you though!

Br0h

Smash Rookie
Could you upload the stages, SSS, CSS, and Menus to Media Fire? I would love to have these in my 20XX build!

Myougi

Could you upload the stages, SSS, CSS, and Menus to Media Fire? I would love to have these in my 20XX build!
The SSS will not work properly with 20XX, but the stages themselves and CSS might. After you build your MNCB ISO you can export them and inject them to your own ISOs if you really want to. :I

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
@ Myougi Myougi I found the source of the issue. Was using a heavily outdated version of USB Loader GX from beanwolf's Homebrew install on Wii he posted quite sometime ago LOL. Now it works much better.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
^ I have a PC and I got this error when applying the patch: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"
You must use a completely unmodified (vanilla) melee 1.02 iso.
Use the search feature at the top of the screen to search for your problems, this has been answered multiple times.

I get this error message when I try to make my ISO, but everything is done correctly...
Probably your problem too but on a mac.

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
You must use a completely unmodified (vanilla) melee 1.02 iso.
Use the search feature at the top of the screen to search for your problems, this has been answered multiple times.

Probably your problem too but on a mac.
ooh gotcha. Now that I think about it, I did change some costumes in that melee iso.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
What if we use something like wiimmfi like it's being used for Project M? I have a wii and an ntsc melee disc :p
I believe that only works with Wii games because they were built to have online capability its just a matter of servers, netplay works differently, kind of like spoofing controllers through online input if im correct.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
That is not how wiimmfi works. You would have better luck with netslug.
If I connect through netslug, will I only be able to battle against other people who use netslug, or can I battle pc players too? Otherwise it would be meaningless if I put online capabilities for melee on my wii just to find out that nobody would be online :p

Y-L

Smash Champion
If I connect through netslug, will I only be able to battle against other people who use netslug, or can I battle pc players too? Otherwise it would be meaningless if I put online capabilities for melee on my wii just to find out that nobody would be online :p
Dolphin and console will never be compatible unless you're using WiFi servers like Wiimfi (which you can't use for GC games or games without online support)

Myougi

Dolphin and console will never be compatible unless you're using WiFi servers like Wiimfi (which you can't use for GC games or games without online support)
You're not answering his question. Take a moment to read it before you re-paste your answer.

You will only be able to play netslug players, not PC players sadly. Right now netslug isn't a viable option for netplay, sadly. :c

Top Bottom