• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Ness mainers -> Brawl Ness mainers

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How many of you Melee Ness mainers will still main him?

If you didn't main/play him in Brawl, why do you think you might pick him up?

Why aren't you maining him again (if you aren't)?

I'd have to say that I might not still main him. I'd still play him a lot (of course), but I think that there are many other characters that have a higher chance of grabbing my attention. Sorry.

Also, I can't believe this is my first post here. Weird.

JCav

Smash Lord
i agree and i dont think that switching to lucas as a main would be great idea

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I don't feel the need to respond to this post. Everyone from the Melee boards knows why.

I'm not going to be a purist anymore though, I'll pick up seconds.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'll still main him, but Lucas is just so awesome that I'll be maining them together.

I think I'll favour Lucas the most, though.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I 'mained' Ness (wouldn't say I mained anyone at this point, considering there's more than a handful of characters I would call my favorites), and I was planning on 'maining' Lucas before Ness was announced. I'm still probably going to 'main' Lucas just because I like that character so much, but I'll keep using Ness.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell just yet. But i'm positive I'll main either Ness or Lucas (most likely Ness) but also play the crap out of the other.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I liked Ness in Melee, but may main Lucario because of his special ability...

D

Deleted member

Well, since I was positive he was gone, I didn't see a problem with maining Lucas. Eh, I guess I'll still main Ness but I'm gonna try Lucas out.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
ness is my boi, i gotta still play as the little guy. i never really "mained" him in melee but i had a blast playing as him and was the only guy outta my friends that could actually be good with him

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm looking at G&W and being like, mmhmm girl, you're lookin' fiiine.

Seriously though, my Ness game is all about WDing around and djcing into aerial combos...Ness seems like he might not be fun to play anymore. That's why I played Ness in Melee...he was real fun.

If he's no, Dedede looks cool, I've always wanted to be a Koopa, ROB? Hellz yeazelz.

I'll probably going to end up with somebody who can DD really well, cause I've never been too into DDing but it's a good replacement for WDing back and forth...ya know...juking around. Sonic? maybs?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure im gonna stick to lucas for now,

but, ness was one fun guy and always loved him.

I could use both though ( along with olimar hehe )

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
I like that one, but i think i'm gonna have to stick with the original red, or my usual green. I may get used to this one over time though.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
I LOVED THAT COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR.SATURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way cool.

DJ Tempora

Smash Cadet
Mained Ness since 2002, don't see any reason to leave the kid. He's just too awesome. Count me in.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Ness4life

SSB64 to SSBM and now to SSBB

EDIT:

For maskeXD

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking about switching mains from Ness to Mr. Saturn.
HAHAHA! Me too!

Does somebodyhave a screenshot of the other new Ness costume?

EDIT: To noe3: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD \o/

orange is my favourite color!

That's my oficial outfit, for sure.

Thanx a lot for postong this.

Where do you get all those pics???

EDIT 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtYTFD8AvoY

Ness gameplay with Mr. Saturn outfit.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Ness was, is, and always will be my main man! I look forward to playing the crap out of Lucas, and trying PT, ROB, and my Melee secondary, Jigglypuff.
Ness Forever!

EB08

EDIT: Well, I didn't think it was possible, but Ness owns more than he did in Melee! The Mr. Saturn costume is definitely my new alt. Sorry, Bumble Ness! Btw, anyone know if Ness has a Ninten alt?

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
If by sexier you mean uglier, wimpier, and let's not forget, he uses a twig.
Hold your tongue. Lucas owns, just like Ness. It just so happens that Ness owns more. But they both own an incredible amount.
Besides, Lucas being "wimpier" is his character--Lucas has always been a bit of a wimp, while Claus was the risk-taker (officially in Mother 3)--just like Ness' character is owning the world.
A twig? Dude, have you seen that thing? It's a very firm stick, apparently, with needles and stuff on it. If Lucas swings it with the same force Ness does with the bat, I think both would hurt an awful lot!

EB08

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
I got to play for like 3 hours today and i am definetly maining ness. He is way improved :). I tried to play lucas and failed pretty bad, lucas felt a lot different to me (which is weird since hes a clone and all).
Dont believe all the lucas hype, ness is better :).

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
Give it up gaiz, lucas is sexier.
Um............ ok? An argument about which little boy is sexier... Well if little boys are your bag, um you can take it somewhere else maybe? :laugh:

Well for some on-topic convo, I'm glad Ness is somewhat back to his N64 awesomeness when it comes to the Yo-yo and PK Thunder's power and his DAir being much faster, and best of all Ness has some of the same effects I can combo into effectively in Melee like his running A attack and FAir, and his throws I'm loving those too. His Final Smash is a bit disappointing, oh well cannot change that, can I...

But things are looking better for Ness, and since I had no problems fighting competitively against Fox, Sheik and Marth in Melee it's MUCH better for me...

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
I've been playin Ness since SS64 (off and on) and especially since he is looking to be a much stronger character this time around, I'll almost definitely play him.

But, there are lots of other characters that I would like to play as before I settle in on one character.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well... depends. I think I will. In Smash 64, my mains were Kirby, Ness and Yoshi. In Melee my mains were Ness, Samus and Zelda... and my attempt at Ice Climbers (I fail at desynching.)

I've always switched, but Ness is the constant. I will try out Lucas first, a lot, but I will eventually return to Ness and main both Mother boys. I feel it's my duty as fan of the series.

And Lucas's stick owns, and his PK Fire can be shorthopped. His PSI Magnet > Ness magnet. However, Ness has the Yo-yo, which is greatly improved, I'll use his PK Fire more on the ground and OMG those costumes!! YAY!!

Top Bottom