Melee Gecko Codes + Guide and Discussion

JoshuaMK

Smash Cadet
Thank you. I just needed to get that out of the way. Now to figure out a way to move from one SSS to another. I'm gonna try to change the RANDOM BUTTON into a way to go from 1 to 2.

Punkline Punkline Just finally got around to this, I can't seem to get the Big Endian formats imported into Cheat Manager, like at all. I was looking through the formats of the current ones versus these Big Endian codes from 2011, and I noticed that some things in the format have changed since those Big Endain ones were made. Is that causing issues with it? I bet I should probably downgrade if I want to use those Big Endian formats in Cheat Manager... What version of Cheat Manager are you using?

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Premium
Punkline Punkline Just finally got around to this, I can't seem to get the Big Endian formats imported into Cheat Manager, like at all. I was looking through the formats of the current ones versus these Big Endian codes from 2011, and I noticed that some things in the format have changed since those Big Endain ones were made. Is that causing issues with it? I bet I should probably downgrade if I want to use those Big Endian formats in Cheat Manager... What version of Cheat Manager are you using?
I'm still using version 6.7 of Cheat Engine, as I haven't bothered to update in awhile. I don't know about the latest versions, but for 6.7 the big-endian search data type AA scripts can still be installed like as described.

Welp, seems I am still having the same issues as before. Always comes up blank after the import, and when I try to use Big Endian format it brings up nothing. :/ I'm soo confused now. I literally have been just copy pasting the entire script of one of them into the AA script manager thing, and this happens everytime.

BTW Scanning for the value 0 brings up an error saying it can't divide by zero??.... I'm not even doing that but whatever

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Premium
Welp, seems I am still having the same issues as before. Always comes up blank after the import, and when I try to use Big Endian format it brings up nothing. :/ I'm soo confused now. I literally have been just copy pasting the entire script of one of them into the AA script manager thing, and this happens everytime.

BTW Scanning for the value 0 brings up an error saying it can't divide by zero??.... I'm not even doing that but whatever
Oh, it looks like the 2-byte AA script isn't working. I usually just use Memory Engine for quick searches, so I only had the 4-byte value installed. The 4-byte and floating point data types still seem to work OK.

When it comes down to it, I only really use Cheat Engine for searches that I know are in a known section of RAM, since it has those nice MIN/MAX address parameters. I don't usually need to do that though, and downgrading Dolphin is otherwise a hassle; so I mainly just resort to Cheat Engine for its more robust Memory View windows -- which are not affected by these data type plugins.

Last edited:
Finally they are working! Even the 2 Byte is working now. Or at least it isn't spitting out nothing or giving errors anyway. I haven't actually tested it to make sure it actually is 100% working but at least it has the name show up and stuff. Idek what I did different this time, I just copy pasted them in and BOOM. Now I can use Cheat Engine properly! Btw I put them in on Cheat Engine 6.7. I tried 6.6 but it seemed to be bundled with malware as when I executed the program install it didn't do anything except start moving unrecognizable files deep into windows. Thankfully my Grandma had bought really good anti-virus protection when she was using the computer, so I was able to swift take them out. Might wanna let them know about this problem though so other people don't get put down the hole.

EDIT: They even appear on the current Cheat Engine 6.8.3 for some reason even though it's an entirely different file.

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Premium
Glad you got it to work!

I tried 6.6 but it seemed to be bundled with malware as when I executed the program install it didn't do anything except start moving unrecognizable files deep into windows. Thankfully my Grandma had bought really good anti-virus protection when she was using the computer, so I was able to swift take them out. Might wanna let them know about this problem though so other people don't get put down the hole.

EDIT: They even appear on the current Cheat Engine 6.8.3 for some reason even though it's an entirely different file.
Cheat Engine is a tool used to hook into a target process running on your computer, and read/write to the memory regions it is using in RAM for the educational purpose of reverse engineering. It’s an EXTREMELY powerful program when used outside of Dolphin, and has a long-running problem of creating false positives in virus-scanning programs because it is in fact a dangerous-looking program. The download page is explicit enough in explaining this, I think.

With that said -- you’re wise to try erring on the side of caution when installing exotic hacking programs on your sweet grandmother’s computer. If you’re at all uncomfortable using Cheat Engine, then Memory Engine is a very convenient alternative.