• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee for Wiiware!!

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
I've been thinking about this for a while now, but now i'd like hear what everybody would think about a remake of Super Smash bros. Melee on Nintendos Wiiware.

I think it could work. All thought I hated Wavedash because of how unfair it made the game to those who were less experienced or just couldn't learn it. I have to say that it did add some spice to the game, making battles interesting and alot more enjoyable.

So i've decided to ask smash fans about how they'd like to see Super smash bros. Melee on Wiiware. I know I sure would. I think it'd be awsome.

The remake of the game could have features such as:

All the characters from Brawl plus those who were originally in Melee. Meaning characters like (Roy,Pichu,Mewtwo,Young Link,Dr.Mario,Etc) being playable again! :)

Online with Wii Speak and no friend codes; they've pretty much almost mastered makihg its Online work fast. EX: Mario Kart Wii's online was Great and pretty much lag free.

Allowing players to do special Melee, single mode, multiman melee, All star, classic mode, Missons mode, and other cool stuff with friends and foes online.

Online tournament mode with friends and foes.

Hmmmm...... Possibly Wavedash bein in special Melee instead of actual play. (Though most likely others would beg to differ) XD

And possibly anyother good stuff the fans could think of, but! (the adding of other characters, items, smash balls, etc.) Leave that for the next Smash bros. games.

I beleive that Melee could work. If you played brawl you notice how much more it had than mele ever did.

Aw you guys are boring..... But I guess I did over exaggerate in what should be in. Fine how bout leaving melee just as it is. Just give it online and doing away with Pichu and putting Snake couse Pichu sucked. I did hear that Snake would have got in Melee if Konami asked sooner. I beleive it could work and its always better to think "what if" than "impossible". But anyway really, pretty much nobody just played Smash just to do target modes and multiman bull. They mainly played to see who could be the best smasher there is. Almost nobody I know ever played single mode after obtaining all the characters or even cared for special modes or the dumb trophy collecting thing. People mainly just played competitively to see who owned moe bunz than the other. I beleive Melee on the Wiiware could work.

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
I'd think it could work. Did you see how much more Brawl had than Melee. Brawl had alot more in it than Melee had. Melee could definitly be remade on Wiiware.

Brawl had alot more characters, Levels, modes, useless modes (Master peice, cronicle mode), challenges, Subspace emissary, classic, All stars modes. Home Run, Break the targets, training modes. Online modes with Multiman, friend and non-friend battles, spectator modes, team battle. Picture taking, replays, stage builder, and more.

Melee could definitely be on Wiiware. Brawl has a shiz load of stuff, way more than melee.

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
I guess this thery of mine can be tested, I mean games on wiiware are getting DLC which adds alot more data to the games

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You don't deserve to play Melee if you don't have the Melee disk. Taking out the Brawl disk and putting the melee disk, along with a memory card, is the price your pay for paying Melee. But its worth it. <3
Smash 64 should be on VC though
I wiiishhhhhhh!!!!!

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
No, this wouldn't work at all lol.

And you can't even compare the quality of WiFi for MKWii, A RACING GAME, to that of a complex fighting game where so many different things can happen at once. If you really want SSB64 on the Wii just download a WAD for the Homebrew Channel. :p

SeanW

Smash Cadet
While I'm not gonna sound as harsh as S.Bowser, I would have to say it's kind of redundant to have a game on a disk then go ahead and download it. It's kinda like downloading all the 2D Sonic games on VC while you have Sonic Mega Collection which works just fine on the Wii. (You think I'm joking but I can name at least one guy who has infact done this...)

In essence, it's just silly since Melee works just as well in a Gamecube as it does in a Wii.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nintendo is rereleasing gcn games as wiireleases or something in japan. possible they do it here, possible they do it with melee.

i'm actually surprised no one has made a thread about that possibility.

it seems the only thing ninty is doing with these rereleases is adding wii controls...yay cc support for melee lol.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Melee could definitely be on Wiiware. Brawl has a shiz load of stuff, way more than melee.
Yes, which makes Brawl have a disc with about 8 GB and double-layer.
Melee had a 1 GB disc. It can't be downloaded on Wiiware because it's [Against-Ridley-argument] too big [/Against-Ridley-argument].

Also: If you have Melee's disc, then why would you want to pay money for downloading it? If you want to play it so badly on your Wii and don't have it, buy it on ebay or something, you can get the game for like... dumping prices by now.

You kids and your dreams that won't ever by fulfilled.

Not only is this impossible because of the Wii's memory limitations, this also gives no benefit re-releasing a previous game in a franchise with all of the characters in the newer iteration. Not only would this be difficult, but they would have to completely redesign the characters since they were built based off of the havok physics engine, and also give them additional Target Test maps.. Not to mention a complete slap in the face for those people who have bought Brawl already

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this won't ever happen. And your logic is a wide plethora of holes in it.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'd rather have them make an expansion set for Brawl than have them remake melee with new features. In fact my biggest complaint about brawl is probably the fact that it's current online sucks, and that Nintendo won't take advantage of online capabilities and make DLC. Nintendo is so still more or less stuck in the last generation of gaming.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It wouldn't work.
You want to put a game that was on a disc onto wiiware, and add the majority of Brawls features- a game that had to fit on a dual layered disc?

If they were to rerelease Melee, they should do it on the Let's play on wii series, leave it the same gameplay wise (online'd be sweet though), improve the graphics a bit, so they look a bit nicer and less washed out, and add all the Brawl control schemes along with the GC controller.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Of course I'd love to see it. However, I think this has about as much chance of happening as a G/S/C remake for the DS. Funny though, I'm still holding my breath for that....

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Still, I am surprised that not many people have suggested Melee being one of those re-released games for wii (like pikmin, Metroid Prime 1+2). It would work.

And sorry to beat a dead horse, but yeah, it wouldn't fit on wiiware. I'm still glad I have the SSB64 .wad on my wii... *hugs homebrew channel*

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
they've pretty much almost mastered makihg its Online work fast. EX: Mario Kart Wii's online was Great and pretty much lag free.
Wrong.
Mario Kart's service only works because it doesn't need input as often.

The game can pretty much work out where another player is going to be.

Smash is about reflexes and precision, that's why the game has to slow down.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd rather see a remake of the N64 Smash insted for Wiiware, with remade stages, characters and items but with no side special or final smash so it's more like the original. But also with downloadable content so we can get characters who were going to be in the original like King Dedede, Mewtwo, Peach, Bowser and Pit.

But I won't be suprised if it is rerelease Melee though.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
You kids and your dreams that won't ever by fulfilled.

Not only is this impossible because of the Wii's memory limitations, this also gives no benefit re-releasing a previous game in a franchise with all of the characters in the newer iteration. Not only would this be difficult, but they would have to completely redesign the characters since they were built based off of the havok physics engine, and also give them additional Target Test maps.. Not to mention a complete slap in the face for those people who have bought Brawl already

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this won't ever happen. And your logic is a wide plethora of holes in it.
Exactly. Not to mention how annoying it'd be to have Snake and Metaknight in Melee. Eugh...that's just fail.

Erion

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. HD Remix on WiiWare ftw.

Problem is, that will never happen.
That's why Capcom > Nintendo. ;)

Melee "Let's Play on Wii!" remake would be nice, but the whole point of those remakes is to play them with Wii controls. Thus, Nintendo has no reason to include Melee on the list, and I don't think they would make an exception because they never really listen to fans.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a nice idea and all, but it might be better if it was re-released as a disk, if possible. I'm not sure it would be the same as a WiiWare title as it would if it were a disk due to capabilities, or even work at all. I have heard (as a rumor) that Nintendo is going to re-release some GCN titles as ports for the Wii. If that is true then it's likely to be ported as a disk than to WiiWare.

Either way, if it were to be ported to the Wii in any form then I would be all for the online (if they find some way to kill lags once and for all) and Wii speek.

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
Hell no ya'll, for get SSB 64. I recently been playing the game due to my Wii's disc drive messing up and I have to say. Eventhough its what started the Smash series... IT SUCKS! The Wii may have its limitations but the doesn't stop them from putting games on Wiiware that use DLC which adds alot more to one channel game taking up loads of space, and plus. Just scratch some of the features i've said. Leave Melee the way it is and just add online, sure I wouldn't like to see Pichu or Wario. So maybe take two characters in Melee out and just add 2. Sonic and Snake. I did hear they tried to get snake in Melee but the game was to far ahead in developement.

5ive

Smash Champion
64 is far from "sucking".
Just because of the incredible amount of hitstun, the game still takes an incredible amount of skill.

Z cancelling, and combo creativity is just too good.

Try backing up your "opinions" with reasons before posting an incredibly biased post.

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
I'm not talking about the very first smash i'm talking about melee. The very first game stunk. Maybe not back then, but now. Its just terrible and the new characters sucked. Only good one was Luigi.

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
Its not impossible and I'd rathr think what if than impossible. They could just leave melee as is if not then take crap out that players almost never used like some of the special modes. Pretty much nobody ever did Camera, Single button, or some of the modes for that matter. There was other stuff that players never used in the game pretty much after obtaining all the characters, they mainly played to see who kicked more ace than the other

HydraYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
RSKUNite
3DS FC
1048-7997-4053
Dude i've been playing the game just recently and you rarely need skill. Fox is pretty much the best next to Kirby, Link, Mario, Samus, Pikachu, Luigi. It may have been the start but their was nothing good about it after Melee and Brawl. You didn't need skill in the first, you could beat very hard with no problem. Srry but the first is no good.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it HydraYoshi, but I would bet $100 that you are absolutely awful at 64 and just Smash in general.

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
Link is good?! And you dont even mention capt falcon or jiggly?
I'll have to agree with sonny.
Melee is too big for the wii. Unless nintendo releases some sort of usb HD for the wii, it won't be possible

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I'm not talking about the very first smash i'm talking about melee. The very first game stunk. Maybe not back then, but now. Its just terrible and the new characters sucked. Only good one was Luigi.

Wait... What?

How can you have new characters in the first game?

So you don't like wavedashing and SB64 sucks... I hope you don't expect anyone here to agree with you...

Junahu

Smash Ace
There's absolutely no incentive for any company, anywhere in the world, to even try butchering Melee to the point that it fits on WiiWare. There's no market for that kind of blatent redundancy.

Top Bottom