• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

melee--> brawl

Xx-M@TT-xX

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=632]melee--> brawl[/drupal]

What things cant you in super smash bros brawl that you could do in melee, i'll start. Wavedashing

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
You can't use skill in Melee.

Oooooh burn. Brawl mindgames FTW! *dashes off*

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
M@tt, instead of making pointless, empty posts here, why don't you talk about Melee in your sig, or in Scar's thread?
pyrotek7x7, stop being an idiot please.
Cinder, yes Melee is better competitively, but people can play what they want. Bashing Brawl isn't good for anyone.

BRNO

Smash Rookie
Brawl>Melee (as just a fun game)
Melee>Brawl (as competitive awesome with a metagame of champions. Oh, and Captain Falcon.)

Am I the only person who loves both?

Cinder

Smash Master
I'm not gonna lie...the most fun I had with Brawl was shattering it into pieces...but that's just me...if you have fun playing it, be my guest...

And a lot of people like both, btw...

MuBa

Smash Lord
I love both games. Brawl is just a new sexy experience for me to make a name in it. Also MLG will hopefully have a Circuit in the near future so I'm definitely going to practice for it.

Melee obviously has a much more defined metagame seeing as how it's been out for 8 years compared to Brawl.

Brawl imo has more mindgame potential, at least it requires more than Melee does.

Melee is all about tricking your opponent in a hit and then start owning them in a barrage of combos. Brawl on the other hand always requires mindgames to be implemented because there are lack of combos (albeit there are combos, just not as much as Melee currently), so you've always have to be on your feet in this case.

Oh and Brawl doesn't have a universal wavedash...and L-Canceling is gone...

I'd much prefer L-Canceling in Melee than having a stupid limited auto-cancel in Brawl >=/

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie...the most fun I had with Brawl was shattering it into pieces...but that's just me...if you have fun playing it, be my guest...

And a lot of people like both, btw...
you know just for you, i'll buy a video camera and smash melee into 40 pieces.

i'll even dedicate it to you.

how does that sound :)

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Melee is for those that can't survive if they don't wavedash and impulsively L-Cancel every attack.

Cinder

Smash Master
In my opinion, Melee is for those that can't survive if they don't wavedash and impulsively L-Cancel every attack.
Well...in my opinion, Melee's for people that like to do actual combos...people that would rather do things like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6viaa76cAo as opposed to spam, spam, and what was the last thing? Oh yeah...spam...

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Thankfully no one cares about some scrub's opinion.

Btw, M2K was the best at Melee. I'm pretty sure he would absolutely wreck you in Brawl.
So yeah.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Thankfully no one cares about some scrub's opinion.

Btw, M2K was the best at Melee. I'm pretty sure he would absolutely wreck you in Brawl.
So yeah.
Indeed. Scrubs are worse than nubs (though pyro seems to be both).
For me, Melee is better competitively AND more fun. Comboing someone is just more fun than camping/spamming.

Sadly, some of my friends like Brawl and I have to play it with them every once in a while, so I can't smash my Brawl disc to pieces yet.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bashing Brawl isn't good for anyone.
It's good for me. It relieves stress and is a lot of fun.

Brawl is a joke.
And a rather sucky one, at that.

Brawl is like the "your mom" joke category of video games.

In my opinion, you are an ignorant Brawl nub, and a scrub who doesn't know the first thing about Melee and is simply using the overused point that Melee was all about wavedashing, and as such, has no right to be saying anything.

Oh wait...that's not an opinion.

For me, Melee is better competitively AND more fun. Comboing someone is just more fun than camping/spamming.
This. I find Melee MUCH more fun than Brawl in any instance, competitive or for fun. Brawl just makes me want to throw something at my TV and never, EVER go into space.

Sadly, some of my friends like Brawl and I have to play it with them every once in a while, so I can't smash my Brawl disc to pieces yet.
I say you destroy it in protest of being forced to play it. At least, that's what I'd do.

My Brawl disc would probably be crushed to a fine powder by now if I didn't want to throw $50 down the drain. Also, I might, for whatever reason, want to play it at some point in the future.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
well first of all you can only l-cancel aerials. and if youre talkin crap about ATs i get the feeling that you cant perform them.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
your a ****ing homo. brawl has better graphics IT'S A LOT BETTER
really? oh wow. youre right i just realized that brawl has awesome graphics. for get what i said brawl is way better than melee. how could i have been so blind?!

noobs...lol.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. IMO, massive combos don't really add anything. They just make it so that a few successful implementations of mindgames wins you the game, as opposed to Brawl, where you need to constantly use mindgames. I mastered l-canceling, wave-dashing, and even powershielding in melee (I miss the reflective powershield), but I still think that mindgames should have a higher priority in a fighting game than tech, because the interaction between players is what makes a game really fun.

(though I do miss playing Dr. Mario and pwning people with Pichu ;))

Lewiji

Smash Rookie
oh**** are you some kind of nancy? house is for my lesbain sister and her friends, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. :D :D :D :D

Cinder

Smash Master
oh**** are you some kind of nancy? house is for my lesbain sister and her friends, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. :D :D :D :D
It would appear as if there is no hope for these boards anymore...seriously, grow up...

How 'bout this...if you're gonna bash Melee, have a good reason...and no "ZOMG IT HAZ BETTUR GRAFICZ!!!one!!!11!!!" doesn't count...like it or not, Melee is the superior competitive game...more balanced, better mindgames, and the existence of actual combos...

Lewiji

Smash Rookie
brawl has new characters (lots of them) and in melee u have a bunch of sucky *** link/pichu/falco players tauntin u

Lewiji

Smash Rookie
duh I had a gamecube until a few years ago I traded it for Wii w/ friend so i can still play melee if i want to

JrdnS

Smash Ace
well then i just cant understand how you can think brawl is better other than reasons such as graphics(which look childish anyway), content(which is stupid and pointless), online(which is a joke), new characters(i will admit i wish melee had more characters), and the fun you and your mom and dad and your little sister can have all playing together.

Cinder

Smash Master
well then i just cant understand how you can think brawl is better other than reasons such as graphics(which look childish anyway), content(which is stupid and pointless), online(which is a joke), new characters(i will admit i wish melee had more characters), and the fun you and your mom and dad and your little sister can have all playing together.
This...I mean, the only fun I ever had with Brawl was...well...*is holding his trusty Brawl-smashing hammer*

B.W.

Smash Champion
Melee has a good set of fair stages, high speed action, sexy combos, and fairly balanced characters.

Brawl has good graphics, good music, and 37 characters. 36 of which don't matter because Meta Knight exists (who is looking at a future of being banned).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How much do you people want to bet that if this Melee Vs. Brawl debate keeps up that this blog will be closed? I looked and I saw only one other blog that was closed. "Magikarp declares war on Grimer". There were too many pages to read for my attention span, but yeah, you get the point...

Top Bottom