• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/Brawl-inspired sprites

TGP

Smash Rookie
I was looking at some photo albums here and it hit me: "As a spriter, wouldn't it be neat if I could duplicate these images into 2-dimentional animations?"

The answer is yes.

HOWEVER, as you can plainly see, the animations for the examples certainly aren't top-knotch (one of my flaws is with the placement of legs, ugh)-- So I just included the top as a do-it-yourself sort of thing. See, what I did here was take the official character profile art, outline it, color it, shade it with the colors used in the screenshot, then shrink it. After the editing phase to make it not look like pixelated trash, I proceed to make different movements and seperate some parts of it.

And there you have it!

Next up will either be Sonic or Luigi. I won't take requests, and I certainly won't do all the characters, but I will continue with this.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The problem is, it looks like pixelated trash.
There's no program which can shrink a sprite and still make it look good without blurring or a ton of luck.

I can see you put a lot of effort into them but, yeah, like I said above.

Sorry.

EDIT: Unless the way in which you uploaded it detracted from the quality...

TGP

Smash Rookie
Unless you use vectors, but yeah, I obviously didn't do that. After I resized it I edited everything pretty intensely, but seeing as the bottom part did turn out to be a pretty bad mess with animation, concidering I only had an hour to scrape this up and finish it before my internet connection failed, I'm not surprised quality is found lacking in some areas.

But looking at the main top-righthand corner part, I do see your point. Somehow I doubt I saved it under the wrong file format, but it's a possibillity it was accidentally re-resized.

And to be clearer, I came up with this idea also because I've been looking for SSBM/B styled sprites unlike tSR's for half last year and found nothing so I took matters into my own hands.

Nevertheless, if I have time next week I will save this sheet again and revamp it in any possible ways for quality, including animation (But no gurantee on the running poses, I hate doing those-- Animating this one, it does look right but it'd be more effective for Luigi).

ting1198

Smash Rookie
I might add those later on. I was thinking of including those, but I was satisfied with the current result, so I posted it. =P It'll be a little more difficult to animate, but I really need to push myself with challenges, since I'm kinda new to the animation thing. My methods might be a bit unconventional or unrefined.
===========
Self Certified Mortgage UK
Andrew Reynolds

Top Bottom