• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne, FL Smashfest/Tourney: May 5th 2010 (Bring Setups)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Sooo yea, Eddie here (8-Bit or nsm or nevershootme... w/e) it's been awhile since i've done anything smash related... reason i'm running this tourney is cuz I live in a nice *** apartment and plenty of open space for gaming and not worrying about electric fee since utilities and rent are paid out of my paychecks at work. and I'm strapped for cash....

So now... Bring on the hype CFL (1 hour from UCF) and SFL (2 and a half hours drive from North Miami) and come to this as I may be moving to SoCal in the later months.

Details:

Address:
1400 Tradition Circle (Legacy at Hibiscus Park apartments)
Melbourne, FL 32901

Phone: 786-280-1680
map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...8.092729,-80.667973&spn=0.07905,0.154324&z=13

Door Fee: $0-$2 (May change if there's interest in wanting me to get some food catering done) But bring Systems and TV's. I only have 2 TV's in the apartment (3rd one being my roommates and I guess he won't do that)

Tourney Fee:
Singles: $5 or $10 (whatever you guys suggest).

Doubles: $10 or $20 per team (Again, whatever you guys suggest)
I don't care as I'm just providing a venue... Just don't make it a super mess...

Payouts for singles (Subject to change). Doubles is 60/30/10 or 60/25/10/5

1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

or

1st: 46%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
7th: 2%
7th: 2%
Rules:
-3 stock
-7-8 Minutes
-Stalling Rules are in effect: You know the deal... 50 grabs (subject to change)
-Team Attack On

Stage list (Subject to change)

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino Island
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Seige
Jungle Japes (Only for Tommy G if he feels like coming, otherwise it's banned)
Food places:
There's publix, pita bread, mcdonalds, quiznos, subway all right around the corner of the apartment complex.

Attendance list: I will make a google docs spreadsheet of the attendance. There may be a capacity limit due to the size of the apartment

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
it's great to know that you may or may not ban mk based on how you personally feel about the matchup

nevershootme

Smash Master
i love how u get oh so serious... and don't post **** about oh it's a mistake and crap... Don't give stupid reasons because I am aware of all the **** that's going on, i don't need another **** lecture.

I don't care about the matchup. it's if i feel like banning him or not when it's 2 weeks away. and if people with enough demand asking for it, then i will..

it's called being felxiable selodin... get common sense and man up

Selodin

2PAC
Oh of course, if it is all about being FELXIABLE you definitely have a point. To be honest, you should be a little less defensive over a single statement. I wasn't aware that it was "common sense" that the majority of smashers play in banned MK tournaments I apologize for being so ignorant of this important fact. Perhaps someone else on this thread needs to "man up" for resorting to personal attacks based off a couple words.

That being said, there is zero smash community here so a close tournament would be refreshing.....and it would be nice to see a good amount of people show up so I "think" banning MK would be a mistake if the objective is to get players here. Nothing personal, maybe you had a bad day and over reacted, it's all good would be cool to see this go up

peace

nevershootme

Smash Master
i've ran enough tournies with good turnouts in miami and i don't have many problems running a tournament efficiently. for the rules i've specificially said they're preliminary and will be changed during the course before the tournament happens... and as for the mk issue, most of the time it's unbanned and people forget about that rule, they just wanna come for the tourney and have fun. and i've been playing brawl since the start and i know the tourney scene long enough, I don't care either way. I just want people to come and take each other's money and have a good time. Who knows by such time if the backroom decides to one day say ok he's banned from all tournies, even mlg official rules,

so... do you wanna win money or what?

Melee will be added if there's enough setups

Top Bottom