• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman ZX-zero for brawl?

CaseyJones

Smash Rookie
Hey, Ive seen a couple of threads around concerning new characters and out of the ones I want is megaman however I find that the original megman(From NES megman 1 and 2etc) and X (X series) would would be too old for the newer gamers to know about and also hard to make accurate movesets for without megaman changing colour every 5 seconds. Seeing as megaman has a few incarnations :Original,X and Zero i believe that using a version based on The Megaman from the Zero and ZX series should be used.Also with movesets similar will kick *** to play as and be quite versatile despite flaws.

Seeing as He's quite fast in the games i'd imagine him to have a build like falco but slightly faster and unable to jump as high.He would have resistance to knock back almost as bad as mewtwo and with this the player would have to rely on not getting hit whilst running loops round the enemy,mimicing the games where if you dont dodge you will die fast.

For moveset it would be very similar to the ones zero can use after learning all the skills from defeated bosses.

(Ingame attacks with a * )

A=Z saber slash*
AAA=Triple slash*
AAAAAAAA=Multislash* (Similar to Links AAAAA atack but with swipes)

DTilt=Downward swing*
Ftilt=Back swing slash* (same as 2nd slash of triple slash)
UTilt=Upslash* Slightly raise from floor

Fsmash=Charge Slash*
Dsmash=Quake Punch*,Punches floor with attack area similar to Dk's Dsmash.
Usmash=Overhead swipe, like Links but single slash

B=Charge shot*. Megaman is known for his shooting:
-Single shot , 3 on screen max
-1 sec Charge,Bigger shot
-2 sec Charge,Buster Shot
-4 sec Charge,Buster shot with a 2nd stored Buster shot when u next fire
Bdown=Downward swing,With electric element shockwave*
Bup=Rising slash Similar to Upslash but higher, attack is basically the same as marios uppercut yet with fire element damage*
BTilt=Sheild Boomerang.A attack similar to Links boomerang but stays hitting opponant for a second longer.*

Nair=Spin slash* Does several frontflips with sword *
Fair=Sword swipe,Like Roy
Dair=Downstab,Same as links less knockback and electric element damage
Uair=Overhead swipe , same as floor based but with a backflip

Taunt=looks at screen,rises into air sligtly and clenches fist's a shis hair does its glow and split into 6 thing from games. (Think of the end of ganondorfs yet with no spining with bulging crotch) *

Super Smash= White judgement. This attack is used by the Secret Last boss in ZX which is the original zero/a copy iircc and after u defeat him you can use his insane moves attacks.
Basically Zero punches floor resulting in white pillars rising and decending away from zero
So from Zeros position they fill the screen .
v^v^v^ (Zero) ^v^v^v <--Pillars rise and fall starting from zeros position.

Other attributes
-Able to wall jump Thrice on same wall,Yet weight dosent make it broken.*
-Duck gets sheild boomerang out and acts similar to Links*

Not sure on anything else,I can just imagine him being very easy to damage and smash yet his attacks even it out.
Please feel free to criticise.I just tried to be as accurate as possible for this form of Megaman.
Thanks.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
that is a pretty good idea

i for one hope megaman is in brawl, but i am not sure if it will be megaman zx
welcome to smashboards

Blazer

Smash Ace
Ummm.....Did you just say this form of Mega Man? Zero and Mega Man are COMPLETELY different characters. You do realize that that pic is of Zero right?

I would like to see the original Zero in Brawl. The original form is far superior to the Mega Man Zero form. He'd also have a bunch cooler moveset if you ask me. But you didn't ask me. Lol.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
YES, I am QUITE aware that is ZERO. But he's still referred to as MEGAMAN Zero. You do realize that the title of this topic is Megaman ZX right?

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
ZX and Zero are totally different. Which are you referring to? Though whatever form of Megaman/Zero/Aile and Vent/whoever you're supporting, you have my support. <_<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I think the Megaman Zero series is already owned by nintendo, so he wouldn't be taking up a third party slot. Thus, they could put both Megaman X AND Megaman Zero (X taking a third party slot along with Sonic).

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
No, Zero is owned by Capcom only. So is .EXE. Remember Onimusha Blade Warriors? MegaMan.EXE and Mega Man Zero were both unlockable characters.

Speaking of that game, it was a pretty decent Smash clone, even if I only got it for Mega Man.

One thing they could do is put Mega Man in the game, and then have his various incarnations as alternate costumes, since they all seem to have the same basic abilities(Mega Man, X, Mega Man Trigger, Model X?)

Blazer

Smash Ace
YES, I am QUITE aware that is ZERO. But he's still referred to as MEGAMAN Zero. You do realize that the title of this topic is Megaman ZX right?
The word mega man was thrown into the title of the Zero series so people unfamiliar with Zero and people who only looked at say, the cover would know that it was a part of the Mega Man saga. Note that in game he is never referred to as Mega man Zero for a reason. He is just Zero.

CaseyJones

Smash Rookie
I didnt post this in the megaman thread as zero isn't the same megaman , hes merely a copy. ie. Megaman was first then Megaman X was built then all other reploids and zero were copies of X. In the games it tells that there is a Blue and a Red Megaman,Zx is a fusion of both.
i am fully aware that Zero is diferent to megaman lol.

The Thread is in general to the zero style forms (such as the OX form and Zx form) from the zx games,OX looks like the pic.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I didnt post this in the megaman thread as zero isn't the same megaman , hes merely a copy. ie. Megaman was first then Megaman X was built then all other reploids and zero were copies of X. In the games it tells that there is a Blue and a Red Megaman,Zx is a fusion of both.
i am fully aware that Zero is diferent to megaman lol.

The Thread is in general to the zero style forms (such as the OX form and Zx form) from the zx games,OX looks like the pic.

No, on most counts. While i'm not too clear on the ZX storylines, I know you messed most of the history leading up to it. Zero is not a copy of X, he's a completely different bot built around the same time X was originally built in 20xx. Reploids are copied off of X's design, but not Zero.

BTW, the original Megaman is essentially Capcom's poster-boy, he's been in at least three fighting ventures, so anyone familiar with Marvel Vs Capcom will be familiar with Megaman, so most of your arguement is moot.

If Zero gets in AFTER megaman, that's a different story.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Zero was built by SPOILERS

Wily. At the same time X was being made by Light. Zero was meant to be the most powerful robot ever also.

Reploids are copies of X so to speak though. You fail as a Mega Man X fan.

CaseyJones

Smash Rookie
Ahh , no point editing now. i did actually say that the reploids were a copy of X though as he was found wasnt he.I got the zero origin messed up =S . Couldnt remember.I kept thinking i was mixing up with Protoman.Im just familiar with the zero and Zx storilines *sorry*

And i dont fail as a Megaman X fan.If anything i only like the original games(esepesh Megaman2) andthe zero and Zx series.
I am no fan on the X series.

Ah well...

I just thought the moveset and zero as a character will be better in my opinion due to his modern edge. even tho megaman is more known through history.

RWB

Smash Ace
"Incidentally, Keiji Inafune, Mega Man creator and current senior corporate officer at Capcom, had admitted to creating Zero to be Mega Man X himself, the character who would replace Mega Man as the hero. However, due to concerns that players would find it hard to relate Zero with the original Mega Man due to the large visual differences between the two characters, he was made X's partner, and the X widely known today was designed for this purpose instead. [1] Nine years later, Zero did eventually get his own starring role, in the Mega Man Zero series. [2]"

Just thought I should mention this.

Well well.

Top Bottom