• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman mains.. what are we dpimg wrong?

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think upper can hit out aerials, and since it is stronger than almost every aerial it should out prioritize the aerials.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I think upper can hit out aerials, and since it is stronger than almost every aerial it should out prioritize the aerials.
Yeah, but it only hits the sourspot, so it wont kill till like, 250 or whatever. I'm asking if we can actually kill with flame blast as an anti-air.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
I should mention Aerial moves do not have priority nor can they clank so keep that in mind. The only thing that can is you get hit by them or you can avoid them there is no out prioritizing them.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
One thing I should tell everyone is how useful is MB as an item, it is so fast and hits decently with decent knockback, it should be our #1 gimp tool, since it goes put so fast, I use it like this, when the opponent is far from the ledge I throw it in a range it may hit if the opponent is recovering high, and then follow with an aerial, you can even predict and spike

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
One thing I should tell everyone is how useful is MB as an item, it is so fast and hits decently with decent knockback, it should be our #1 gimp tool, since it goes put so fast, I use it like this, when the opponent is far from the ledge I throw it in a range it may hit if the opponent is recovering high, and then follow with an aerial, you can even predict and spike
The other day, I threw a Metal Blade down when fighting a Sonic and he was bounced off the edge of the stage. He gave up after that since I was kicking his butt pretty badly. :p

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Z-Dropping a blade above a recovering opponent makes guessing how they'll recover much easier.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Megaman is a very honest character, in that he has all the tools to win any match up. IMO, his lack of representation at the top of the level stems from his high level curve, and just the fact that no top level player uses him.

I'll try to start playing Sm4sh more, I think I can do it

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I posted this in the 1.11 patch thread and thought it would be pertinent here as well.

I saw this on another thread. This is the data from a well known Japanese data mining source (at least that is the word on the street and it looks legit)

It shows the frames for shield stun for projectiles and normal attacks. Also it shows what they were pre patch where normal and projectiles had the same shield stun.

Sorry it is small.

Looks like lemons got a shield stun buff of 2 frames which is good for lemons also item thrown MB had a 2 frame buff. However most of our smashes and other projectiles (especially stronger ones have barely more stun ~1 or 2 frames only)

Generally this is a nerf for us considering our reliance on projectiles but this should help out our lemon zoning game more( yay more of a reason to spam more lemons)

This makes our offensive/aggressive/approach game slightly better but we have such crappy frame data I don't think it will be that much different for us given our laggy aerials.

Our uair is better on shields giving us a few extra frames to hit a shielding opponent with another Uair.

So we gotta adapt to this new playstyle.

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but it only hits the sourspot, so it wont kill till like, 250 or whatever. I'm asking if we can actually kill with flame blast as an anti-air.
I've def had kills with Mega Upper before, intercepting a jump-in on an enemy above 110%, that produced the sourspot "smack" sfx instead of the sweet spot "bam" sfx and killed. Im pretty sure mega upper has at least 3 different stages of knockback

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I've def had kills with Mega Upper before, intercepting a jump-in on an enemy above 110%, that produced the sourspot "smack" sfx instead of the sweet spot "bam" sfx and killed. Im pretty sure mega upper has at least 3 different stages of knockback
Yup, Mega Upper has 3 hitboxes. The very last one does 8 % and kills really late, but the 12% hitbox actually has some very useful anti-air abilities.
Ninja link : http://smashboards.com/threads/mega-man-hitbox-data.390537/

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Speaking of the Mega Upper, I absolutely LOVE killing with it. When timed right and not shielded, it kills incredibly early. Granted, it has high ending lag, so I guess it balances itself out.

Top Bottom