• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Medusa in Smash Ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Hi all,

Now that Daisy has made her way onto the roster there's really only one more character I truly hope will join; that being Medusa! Medusa and Daisy have been my most wanted characters since the Smash 4 hype. Back then I had basically given up on Medusa because I thought her chances were just too slim.. but now.. with the whole echo concept? I think Medusa has a fairly solid chance to make it onto the roster this time around.

Medusa is one of the original Kid Icarus characters and the original main villain in the franchise; this alone should give her priority over any other characters of that franchise. While Hades and Viridi would be cool to have, in my opinion it just makes much more sense to add Medusa. Medusa is the darkness to Palutena's light, like Dark Pit to Pit.

While Medusa could easily have a unique moveset, her best chances are probably as an echo of Palutena, seeing as they're built very similairly this could work. Medusa could even take over some of Palutena's customs so they don't go to waste. On top of that her idle and run animations and overall body language would still be very unique. Medusa wears a very long gown, which is not too practical when fighting.. I figured that maybe they could make her float (like Dark Samus).. and perhaps the bottom of her dress could be some sort of energy-like substance. I don't know how to explain this very well.. but hopefully you know what I mean. Of course they can also give her a slight redesign.

Medusa would fit in very well with the villain theme and would make a new female villain as well! This category is extremely underrepresented on the roster right now, and it would be great to see her be a new female villain.

The only thing that hurts Medusa's chances is that she's not the most requested character.. while I've seen a surprising amount of support for her, she's not totally up there. People definitely talk about her more now, but it's not like Skull Kid or others. However, of course Sakurai is very unpredictable, and while he certainly fan services, he also does what he wants. He's known to do things that were not expected. Perhaps Sakurai-bias could get us Medusa.

Because I want Medusa in Smash so badly, I actually dedicated this drawing to her in order to support her and create awareness among the Smash community:

Yes, this is actually my drawing. (Find me on IG: @pic4pic4you or in the Smash Amino under the name of Ikanger). I've shared on several platforms, getting quite some attention with it and seeing great support. Now I'm posting it here too for people to see. I mean, it won't really have any effect on Sakurai's decisions because the roster was finalized quite a while ago, so if she isn't in there it's too bad, but it's still nice to try and get people to talk more about Medusa as a potential newcomer. I also wanted to note that when I posted this on IG, Cree Summer (Medusa's voice actress) liked my post. She's also liked several posts on Twitter that talked about how they hoped for Medusa in Smash, and even liked a Tweet directly asking her if Nintendo had approached her about anything regarding Medusa. Take this however you want. It could mean something, it couldn't. It's hard to really tell. Of course I hope there's more behind this, but I don't want to raise my expectations too high.

All in all though, am I the only one that feels like adding Medusa would just make a lot of sense somehow? Like now with the echo thing it's like why not do it? She'd be easier to make. And she fits in so well with the villain theme, and even more so that she's a female villain. Also, imagine how insane her render would look.

Alright, I'll stop here. This got quite long so if you read all this way, thank you.

Let me know: would you like Medusa in Smash? Why yes or no?

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice

Here's the drawing.. the link somehow didn't work apparently and I can't seem to edit it.

Okay it's still not working... here's the link if you want to see the drawing:

http://i.imgur.com/ruTx1mZ.jpg

Yes I do but we already have a thread for her so I expect this thread won't last much longer.
Oh.. I didn't realize one character could only have one thread for them. There goes my effort :/

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! ^_^ I guess my device isn't showing it then.. I will post it in that thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom