• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Medicore Charcter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers aren't that bad they have strong moves great comebacks and yet no one uses them personally i dont either. But iw would be great see a person win with Ice Climbers in a tournment. Esepiacially since they dont get any talk.
Plz post your thoughts at the bottom.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Anyone with a hammer pwns (Except Kirby)

There's alot of people that uses them, you just don't see them 0.o

Hammers pwns but not Kirby since he doesn't use it as much as the ICs and Dedede xD

IC rocks my socks

End of Story :laugh:

jkrohn99

Smash Cadet
King DeDeDe isnt actually that great he is worse then most of the charcters in the game

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
King DeDeDe isnt actually that great he is worse then most of the charcters in the game
What the hell? As an IC main AND a Dedede main, I can say that dedede is one of the best characters in the game. He is insanely strong, awesome recovery, and the chaingrabs are ridiculous, amongst other things...

However, the ICs still own.:)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
xD I main Dedede too but he's kinda slow and his Dsmash usually doesnt' connect for me >.>

Henryhta

Smash Rookie
Anyone with a hammer pwns (Except Kirby)

There's alot of people that uses them, you just don't see them 0.o

Hammers pwns but not Kirby since he doesn't use it as much as the ICs and Dedede xD
Even though DDD and kirby hammers are slow, it powerful don't underestimate it. Sure they don't use it a lot because of the delay or range, a combo or mind games setup pretty deadly!!! As you said "Anyone with a hammer pwns":p

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I know Kirby pwns, but I don't like him... Really I don't >.>

I'm OK with him but I always use try and use the hammer and it doesn't connect too :*(

And also Kirby doesn't use the hammer as a main weapon =P

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ice Climbers aren't that bad they have strong moves great comebacks and yet no one uses them personally i dont either. But iw would be great see a person win with Ice Climbers in a tournment. Esepiacially since they dont get any talk.
Plz post your thoughts at the bottom.
You're clearly confused, especially after that DeDeDe comment. As for Ice Climbers, I don't think anyone is yet capable of using them to their potential. It's not talk that will take them to the top, it's mastery, and that will take time for more people to develop. In Melee, some pros (ex. ChuDat) demonstrated an insane power with IC desyncing, beyond the redundant chain-grabs most people talk about here. For now, go watch some vids of Chu to see ICs winning tourneys :) Brawl's a different game and desyncing works different, but it will still have a tremendous impact on the high-level IC game.

ICs will never be overplayed because they're quirky and require a ton of work to master (desyncing, understanding Nana, of course chain grabs, etc.), and they have some serious limitations you need to overcome. But ICs are not generally considered mediocre, IMO, except by nubs or people who don't understand their potential.

Also, they look so darn cute and harmless, it's very deceiving :)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yeah... Sorry about the confusion, I like Dedede cause he uses a hammer so no confusion please :ohwell:

And infzy is right, there's a ton of work to master just like every other charater in this, but the IC's learning curve is high. So when used by a begginer, their power won't show as much as a pro using the ICs. They're not medicore (too me), mainly because they have the ability to desync, they can desync into contionous Ice Blocks or just spam FSmashes for a really hard core defensive game xD They also have ok aerials, which I'm trying to find out how to put it to more use now >.> And they have the ability to chaingrab and that mean AUTOMATIC STOCK LOSS =O Heck I think Mario is medicore, but that because I suck with him hard core and I only know a few people that are very good with him. It just really depends on how you use them =D

They are cute cause they use hammers :lick: But not Kirby cause he's freaky :psycho:

Even Javier knows what I mean xD *looks at sig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom