• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mechanics of Tripping

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@metaridelyx
i think your just unlucky, or lucky in my case. Lucas is one of the few characters i rarely trip with. him and JP since she's never on the ground lol.

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Great work, must have taken a lot of time, but to be honest, it's not enough to base conclusions on. If you understand probability, when you have a 1% chance of something happening, measuring how long it takes for it to happen 30 times on 35 different characters is not enough to base a conclusion about wether or not its character specific. It would honestly take hundreds of recorded trips AT LEAST with each character to get all the numbers rounding close to their true value. I recognize the hard work you put in here, but to get reliable numbers for something like this, we would either need numbers reported from a mass amount of people, or some sort of program to run a test over and over.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The only way in my mind that tripping can be eliminated from Brawl is if people figure out how to play WITHOUT dashing. There may be 1 or 2 characters who don't require dashing to be effective. Just maybe. This is how I feel.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
purposeful tripping could be useful for invincibility frames and combos..

and while trying to mortarslide (when i first tried it, snake tripped a lot more than usual.)

Glick

Smash Lord
If tripping is random, do you kids think that maybe it was designed to take the thirst of competition out of the game? I can imagine how pissed off some people will get when they lose a ton of money because their character falls flat on their face.
Of course. The creators tried everything they could to kill the competitiveness of the game. Which is absolutely ********. They basically took away hitstun and fixed the air dodging so you couldn't do combos. You think its just a coincidence that brawl eats crotch compared to melee as far as completive play goes?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
?

I thought that Luigi trips more than other characters... Or maybe it is just me? @_@

Storm_Fox

Smash Apprentice
no it says it onesmash wiki

Causes for tripping
Surface with a lack of traction (ice) or using a character with low traction, such as Luigi. (Particularly when quickly changing directions)
Constant dashing in a short time period.
High percentage.
Getting hit with certain attacks. (Most Down tilts and other low attacks can trip opponents)
Falco's Reflector
Being hit with/stepping on a Banana Peel.
Smashing the stick left or right.
When Tingle rains down banana peels (note these are 2D sprites, not actual Banana Peels) it causes constant Prat Falls to all opponents until he leaves the screen.
Negative Zone
Wario Waft(uncharged) does this every time

Tripping does also have invicibility frames which i noticed playing as C. Falcon

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yes those factos can cause tripping but sometimes nothing of the sort happens and you just trip, like idk how many times i've turned around and tripped lol. also quite a few ait attacks can cause tripping as well.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Hi Aurakid, and welcome to Smashboards. Please contribute all you wish, but try to make sure that you don't needlessly bump up threads that are several months old. People get a little touchy on the internet, y'know.

Enjoy your stay.

Top Bottom