• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mecha-Fiora for Smash Ultimate - Double Chrom gives us Hope Edition

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Had a shower thought lately, once again about the possibility of Fiora being a fighter but ultimately ending up as a FS despite having a super HQ model:

You think the ballot influenced such a HQ model even being made in the first place, with drones and everything? Also, I don’t think we’ve heard Shulk’s new FS with the voices yet, but what if the one thing holding them back from putting her in as playable was an inability to get her VO, Carina Reeves, onboard since she was recording her XB2 lines at the time?
I honestly doubt that would have been the reason, in fact I don't even think most of the voice acting is done since we haven't heard several characters yet unless they appeared in the E3 demo (Daisy too but that was just archival recordings of Deanna Mustard in the presentation), plus as someone pointed out on the Ashley thread, sometimes lines for games are recorded simultaneously depending on who the character is and due to NDAs and whatnot, sometimes they don't know if they're actually recording for said games.

But yes, I think that her being DLC makes a lot of sense, seeing as how they have a very polished working model of her along with the drones, and seeing as how Monolith has been using her like crazy over the past few years, not to mention the fact that she's gotten a lot of attention in Smash before (Three trophies and a Tour Item in Smash Wii U), and also the fact that we've seen other characters like Falco and Samus in other characters' Final Smashes, DLC certainly shouldn't be ruled out. It's just up to Sakurai from this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I honestly doubt that would have been the reason, in fact I don't even think most of the voice acting is done since we haven't heard several characters yet unless they appeared in the E3 demo (Daisy too but that was just archival recordings of Deanna Mustard in the presentation), plus as someone pointed out on the Ashley thread, sometimes lines for games are recorded simultaneously depending on who the character is and due to NDAs and whatnot, sometimes they don't know if they're actually recording for said games.

But yes, I think that her being DLC makes a lot of sense, seeing as how they have a very polished working model of her along with the drones, and seeing as how Monolith has been using her like crazy over the past few years, not to mention the fact that she's gotten a lot of attention in Smash before (Three trophies and a Tour Item in Smash Wii U), and also the fact that we've seen other characters like Falco and Samus in other characters' Final Smashes, DLC certainly shouldn't be ruled out. It's just up to Sakurai from this point.
I can kinda imagine it actually

One day, Fiora just randomly disappears from Shulk’s FS following a patch (or is replaced by idk, Reyn, Melia, maybe Sharla) and boom, news of Fiora available by free update

I mean if she does become DLC in this fashion, I could imagine her being a free update a la BOTW Link in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I can kinda imagine it actually

One day, Fiora just randomly disappears from Shulk’s FS following a patch (or is replaced by idk, Reyn, Melia, maybe Sharla) and boom, news of Fiora available by free update

I mean if she does become DLC in this fashion, I could imagine her being a free update a la BOTW Link in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Her being free actually wouldn't surprise me since, they already have assets for her done, permission to use the character, and I'm sure getting the actress to record lines (Both English and Japanese) wouldn't be a problem since they both returned to voice the character for various roles and even Cross in Xenoblade X. (Little-known fact is that her English actress at least actually supports Fiora's inclusion in Smash, she's vocal about it on Twitter too if any of you want to ask)

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Well, I will continue to hope that Fiora will eventually be added. The whole Final Smash business is just a minor bump in the road. The destination is still in sight. We just need to get there.

Personally, I'm more worried about the possibility that Sakurai will butcher her moveset like he did with Shulk. I really hope not.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, I will continue to hope that Fiora will eventually be added. The whole Final Smash business is just a minor bump in the road. The destination is still in sight. We just need to get there.

Personally, I'm more worried about the possibility that Sakurai will butcher her moveset like he did with Shulk. I really hope not.
Yeah, she has a lot still going for her, it's just up to Sakurai. I do feel like a Twitter account for support would at least help with our cause to be honest.

Anyways, I don't think he would botch up the moveset tbh, he seems to be learning from Shulk, especially now that he has the directional Arts inputs, so I think he would try to make her stand out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Cause yeah I mean

The one constant in Shulk’s FS between this and 4 was really Dunban and Riki. Fiora can be patched out easily. It’s not really comparable to Chrom in 4 when he was in both Robin’s Final smash and victory screens, and the only one there to boot.

Speaking of which, since Robin’s gameplay trailer and screens for Ultimate seem adamant on not showing off Chrom, it may be because Chrom is no longer a part of Robin’s moveset... :thonk:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm not really sure how we'd go about this twitter account thing, not to mention I don't even have one myself (heck, I don't have accounts for most things). But if one of you guys were to do something, I'd see in what way I could lend my support.

Now, the thing that really irks me is that Sakurai specifically brought attention to Fiora during the E3 presentation. They even paused the video and pointed her out, something that wasn't done for Ness or Lucas (tho, it was done for Mega Man, so IDK). But to go to that trouble to reveal her as a Final Smash and then later announce her as playable just sounds a bit weird. It's almost a guarantee that she won't be part of the base roster. DLC isn't out of the question yet, though. And it does seem pretty likely that we'll see her as DLC, since the model is already made and everything.

Tho, final smashes do seem to be a bit weird in this game. Let me point out a few examples:

>Falco's ship appearing in Fox's final smash
>Fox's ship appearing in Falco's final smash
>Zero Suit Samus appearing in her Power Suit during her Final Smash
>Samus' ship appearing in Ridley's final smash

That's four examples of existing fighters making an appearance in some form or another during another fighter's final smash. Could the same thing happen with Fiora? I will continue to hope.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, I'm not really sure how we'd go about this twitter account thing, not to mention I don't even have one myself (heck, I don't have accounts for most things). But if one of you guys were to do something, I'd see in what way I could lend my support.
I was moreorless just throwing around an idea, it's something that's just worked for other characters so I thought it might be something to try. I dunno though.
Now, the thing that really irks me is that Sakurai specifically brought attention to Fiora during the E3 presentation. They even paused the video and pointed her out, something that wasn't done for Ness or Lucas (tho, it was done for Mega Man, so IDK). But to go to that trouble to reveal her as a Final Smash and then later announce her as playable just sounds a bit weird. It's almost a guarantee that she won't be part of the base roster. DLC isn't out of the question yet, though. And it does seem pretty likely that we'll see her as DLC, since the model is already made and everything.

Tho, final smashes do seem to be a bit weird in this game. Let me point out a few examples:

>Falco's ship appearing in Fox's final smash
>Fox's ship appearing in Falco's final smash
>Zero Suit Samus appearing in her Power Suit during her Final Smash
>Samus' ship appearing in Ridley's final smash

That's four examples of existing fighters making an appearance in some form or another during another fighter's final smash. Could the same thing happen with Fiora? I will continue to hope.
Yeah though seeing as how other characters appear in other Final Smashes, it isn't at all out of the question for Fiora to appear in both a Final Smash and as a playable character.

I don't know about being included in the base game, but as DLC she makes sense and would be easy to develop, so signs are pointing to yes.

Smaller roster numbers and time constraints may have been why she wasn’t initially included but as an expansion she makes more than enough sense since assets are already complete for her and she makes sense due to her appearance as a DLC expansion already in Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when does a spoiler stop being a spoiler?

I know people haven’t seen episode 5 of Star Wars but is it a spoiler that Vader is Luke’s Farther
It's subjective, but I'd say when something has been out for a while to the point where the spoiler has become almost as famous as the media itself (like Vader being Luke's father), if that makes any sense.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Thanks to her appearance as a trophy in Smash for Wii U and an appearance in Project X Zone 2 (Along with fellow spoiler Lucina herself), Seven can now just be called Fiora. I feel like when you really get down to it, Sakurai doesn't really care about spoilers, but if a character is fun to play as or not, and judging from everything that has been shown, there's definitely a lot to work with and I'd be willing to say she actually has potential to be a fan-favorite. So no, I don't think spoilers would affect Fiora in the slightest.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I apologize in advance for the double-post, but I have a very important announcement, I've officially made the Twitter support page:

https://twitter.com/FioraforSmash

You can find it right here, please anyone let me know if you'd like to run the account as well. (I may need a little help so volunteers are appreciated)

Amestris Square

Smash Cadet
in the latest smash leak it was mentioned, might be fake, but it was mentioned fiora had a small following so they made her part of shulks final smash

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
in the latest smash leak it was mentioned, might be fake, but it was mentioned fiora had a small following so they made her part of shulks final smash
Yeah I don’t buy that leak in the slightest, too many red flags (Especially since it said things like Boney having a presence in the Ballot), I wouldn’t look too far into it.

It also says the exact same thing for KOS-MOS yet they made her a playable fighter, which I don’t buy at all cause her series is extremely niche for a third-party character to be represented.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
That leak is definitely fake. No two ways about it. Tho, it did say that out of the twelve unique characters originally planned, two of them were scrapped, which ties in with what we were discussing about Fiora.

Still don't buy it tho. In fact, I don't think ANY leaks will be real this time around. Nintendo will probably be keeping a very careful eye on what data gets out this time around, after the big Smash 4 leaks.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think I figured out who they can replace with Fiora in Shulk's Final Smash:
Alviss.png

He can fly, he's about the same height as Fiora, he's in the same category as her in terms of being a spoiler, and he's commonly seen fighting alongside Shulk, so I'd personally say this guy would be our best bet.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I think I figured out who they can replace with Fiora in Shulk's Final Smash:
View attachment 155335
He can fly, he's about the same height as Fiora, he's in the same category as her in terms of being a spoiler, and he's commonly seen fighting alongside Shulk, so I'd personally say this guy would be our best bet.
I don't think I can remember Alvis ever flying in Xenoblade (properly flying, that is. The moving camera during cutscenes doesn't count), but I admit, this would be pretty cool if it happened. Instead of Fiora using Sword Drones, Alvis could use Cross Ray.

Also, unrelated to Fiora, but you know what I think would be really cool for Shulk? If each of his palette swaps had him equip a different version of the Monado. Default could have Monado 1, then the other seven could have Monado 2, Replica Monado, Monado Rudra, Monado Agni, Monado Abyss, Monado Dogma, and Monado Saga. The Replicas aren't exactly spoilers if you don't know the significance behind them. After all, it's not like they outright specify that Shulk loses the Monado later in the game.

Last edited:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so, in about 38 hours, the Nintendo Direct will be live. Fingers crossed, everybody.

Tho, even if she isn't shown, DLC is still a valid possibility.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so seeing the Monster Hunter AT who’s also I think a stage hazard

The direct seemed to make special emphasis on “the first character in history to do so”

Think we could get such a milestone too with Fiora? If not, there’s always DLC via her being patched out of the FS.

Just a thought...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ok so seeing the Monster Hunter AT who’s also I think a stage hazard

The direct seemed to make special emphasis on “the first character in history to do so”

Think we could get such a milestone too with Fiora? If not, there’s always DLC via her being patched out of the FS.

Just a thought...
Yeah that’s true tbh, we’ve also seen that newcomer Echoes are still possible since Simon and Richter are Echoes of each other and were developed simultaneously.

With Chrom on the way, Fiora’s model being extremely detailed, and the possibility of us getting Elma later on, things are actually looking pretty good for Fiora.

If Simon and Richter can barrow a few moves from each other, why not Elma and Fiora, it’s honestly a genius solution and would cut down the workload significantly.

Let’s keep pressing on guys, anything can change as a certain someone who just got confirmed would say!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh snap had another thought: someone in the Smash Ultimate Discussion said what if Proto Man and/or Bass were Mega Man echoes and Mega Man would show up in their Final Smash? (Bass and Proto Man were added to MM’s Ultimate Final Smash)

Theoretically, if Fiora were an Echo, even though she’d be an Elma echo most likely, what if Shulk showed up in her Final Smash? And the other two would be Melia and either Dunban or Riki and she’d finish it off with Final Cross. Also, her fade-in to start the cinematic portion would be red instead of blue.

Idk just a thought (as usual), going off Fox being in Falco’s FS and vice versa also.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh snap had another thought: someone in the Smash Ultimate Discussion said what if Proto Man and/or Bass were Mega Man echoes and Mega Man would show up in their Final Smash? (Bass and Proto Man were added to MM’s Ultimate Final Smash)

Theoretically, if Fiora were an Echo, even though she’d be an Elma echo most likely, what if Shulk showed up in her Final Smash? And the other two would be Melia and either Dunban or Riki and she’d finish it off with Final Cross. Also, her fade-in to start the cinematic portion would be red instead of blue.

Idk just a thought (as usual), going off Fox being in Falco’s FS and vice versa also.
I feel like Fiora’s Final Smash would just be Final Cross tbh, Shulk could appear in it along with Amelia and Reyn if they wanted it to be a cutscene but I dunno.

For Protoman’s Final Smash I was thinking something along the lines of this:
0D774837-170B-44F0-ABCF-A981628D0D86.jpeg

It’s possible Mega Man could appear in the background of it like Protoman does in his own Final Smash, would be a nifty way to tie it all in.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
I mean, who's to say that if Fiora is in the same match as Shulk, and Shulk uses his final smash, that she won't be in it? Essentially along the lines of if Toon Link is played on his train map, then he won't be on it and swapped out for Zelda, just final smash version. This is my new coping method for "Chrom'd Fiora".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, who's to say that if Fiora is in the same match as Shulk, and Shulk uses his final smash, that she won't be in it? Essentially along the lines of if Toon Link is played on his train map, then he won't be on it and swapped out for Zelda, just final smash version. This is my new coping method for "Chrom'd Fiora".
I mean, we haven’t seen what happens when ZSS uses her FS against a Samus on the field yet, so..

Though, part of me wishes they used Hom Fiora from the beginning, or later in development swap out the Mecha model for Hom Fiora.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
I mean, we haven’t seen what happens when ZSS uses her FS against a Samus on the field yet, so..

Though, part of me wishes they used Hom Fiora from the beginning, or later in development swap out the Mecha model for Hom Fiora.
To be honest, as much as I prefer Homs Fiora more, her moveset for Mechon is so much better and we all know that's what Sakurai prefers too.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but the real question is

If Fiora were indeed an Elma echo, would her up B be Shadowstrike like Elma??

1534342654684.png

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ok but the real question is

If Fiora were indeed an Elma echo, would her up B be Shadowstrike like Elma??

View attachment 157938
I feel like Fiora’s moves would have different names from Elma’s, to kinda differentiate the two.

Their moves would be executed in the same way but the naming would be different to show off their differences.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
There's also the fact that mixing and matching can be involved or just a single move is brand new. Like how Chrom is Roy but has an Ike ability. It doesn't have to have literally every move the main character has.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There's also the fact that mixing and matching can be involved or just a single move is brand new. Like how Chrom is Roy but has an Ike ability. It doesn't have to have literally every move the main character has.
Yeah, Echo Fighters just have to share the same proportions and skeleton, which I actually think Fiora and Elma would since they’re very similar in both their games.

Here’s to hoping:
440E2776-88BD-497D-B9CE-6F84E930B451.jpeg

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally still of the opinion that making Fiora an Echo is wasted potential. She could be so much more than that. I guess I'd take it over nothing, though.

However, Echos have the same weight stat as the character they're echoing, and making Fiora have the same weight as Elma is just... Weird.

Perhaps a Dr. Mario style clone would work better; that is, one that has basically the same tools, but different base stats, and a few different moves.

Last edited:

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
I'm personally still of the opinion that making Fiora an Echo is wasted potential. She could be so much more than that. I guess I'd take it over nothing, though.

However, Echos have the same weight stat as the character they're echoing, and making Fiora have the same weight as Elma is just... Weird.

Perhaps a Dr. Mario style clone would work better; that is, one that has basically the same tools, but different base stats, and a few different moves.
I definitely agree with you here, however, I'd rather have her as a playable echo than nonplayable. I'm still hoping for the best though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I do agree that Fiora can be so much more than Elma... But it really ends up being a good compromise in the end since they’re similar enough in both abilities and stats to be Echoes, and it also gives both fans of Classic Xenoblade and X what they want, and since they have the assets for the character ready it would be an easy Echo.

I would prefer if Fiora was unique tbh, but I would certainly take this over nothing, it really is the best scenario for us at this point.

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm not going to lie. My first experience with Xenoblade was Chronicles 2 and when Fiora became a DLC blade in that I thought her weapon seemed, kind of useless. I don't know maybe two short knives just didn't strike me as effective but results certainly spoke louder than first impressions!

In the realm of Smash, I'm good with either Regular Fiora or Mecha Fiora. Granted the latter is part of Shulk's final Smash. Personally I think that disconfirms her. Not for the reason of "If she has this role then she absolutely cannot be a playable character" because such a rule doesn't actually exist. I more so think that they wouldn't have put her in the final smash if they decided to make her playable.

But for DLC or (more likely) another installment later on, you can consider me a Fiora supporter.

MrSlyFoxGamer

Smash Cadet
I'd love to talk about how Fiora has her own spot in Project Zone 2 and I'd also love to talk about her moves but I haven't even played it yet. Seriously need to pick it up just for Fiora. That being said, at least one game was able to impliment her into a fighting game.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to talk about how Fiora has her own spot in Project Zone 2 and I'd also love to talk about her moves but I haven't even played it yet. Seriously need to pick it up just for Fiora. That being said, at least one game was able to impliment her into a fighting game.
You see, the thing is... PXZ2 isn't a fighting game. It's actually a Turn Based Strategy game in a similar vein to Fire Emblem or Disgaea. Sorry to crush your dreams like that.

It's still a fun game though.

Top Bottom