• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me Vs A Cpu >.> Plz Help

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
okay. I just got the video to work and it seems like you just got the game?\
you should unlock some more if not all of the chars... Now if you want to stick with kirby, I cant tell you what to do. sorry.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you cannot help, quinn95, then why bother replying?

Allin, it looks like you should practice the very basics; things like Short Hopping, Fast Falling, L-Canceling, Dash Dancing, etc.

You should practice hitting a Lvl 1 CPU while practicing those things. Fighting higher level computers just makes them more aggressive and interrupts your practice. You should also practice movement techniques, such as sliding, edge hopping, etc. For that, it's best to play without an opponent (select human-controls for 2nd player and have it stand there doing nothing, or go to Training Mode and keep the CPU on "Stand").

Once you want to start learning more to add to your practice and gameplay, check out the stickied guides for Kirby. Be sure to ask questions here and someone will come along and help.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm going to say your timing on your attacks have to be sharper; you do some good air moves, but your ground needs work. You should do more B moves to start or finish some Kirby combos, oh and never do Grab left and right when a foe has less than 20% on them, just do Up, (and some down throws), then move on to left and right, unless of course you want to do a move that you let them go and then air kick them. A good amout of practices and then you'll do fine when you face an AI and humans.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'm going to say your timing on your attacks have to be sharper; you do some good air moves, but your ground needs work. You should do more B moves to start or finish some Kirby combos, oh and never do Grab left and right when a foe has less than 20% on them, just do Up, (and some down throws), then move on to left and right, unless of course you want to do a move that you let them go and then air kick them. A good amout of practices and then you'll do fine when you face an AI and humans.
While it is nice that your trying to help viper, this is just bad advice. First off, Kirby's specials will never be able to start OR finish a combo. His only real combo starter is his utilt(which I saw a bit of) Dthrow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uthrow unless your up against someone like Luigi or Peach, but against any fastfaller, heavyweight or even midweight, Dthrow is the one to use. And as it is, Kirby doesn't have much of a ground game(or for that matter much of an ANYTHING game) but you were definitely using a little too much Dsmash. As for your air game, well, this is where it gets tough. Because your fighting a CPU, its hard to work on your approach as your opponent is always just going to walk straight towards you. I want to say practice your Bair approach and try to work in a Bair to Utilt approach but you don't really need to approach a CPU:ohwell:

Other than that, just listen to t!Mmy's advice, practice up on the basics like ledge hopping, fast falling, L-Canceling, Wavedashing(t!Mmy, why bother saying sliding, EVERYONE else says Wavedashing, your just gonna confuse people) and from there you can move on to the character specifics.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
@Pink Reaper: Your right, I was thinking a little too...... new. I will leave the adivice saying to the rest Kirby pros., But, the final cutter combo or a hammer air combo can be use after you do the Up Grab, but some characters would DI from it easley though.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
You realize that "wave dashing" makes far less sense than "sliding", right? >_>
Sure it makes less sense, but it doesn't change that fact that there are no guides to "Sliding" on the boards. The Official Everything thread only teaches you how to Wavedash, and most people hear either wont know what your talking about if you say sliding, or think your some n00b who doesn't know the terms >_>

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Hm. Allin, I watched the vid, and pretty impressive, but I noticed, when Fox was below the ledge and trying to Fire Fox, you could try using Down Tilt or Down Smash to knock him away right before he grabs the ledge.

Also, a tip for when you get knocked off the ledge, try using a F-air RIGHT after your jumps, it gives them better distance

Nashun

Smash Ace
Dthrow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Uthrow unless your up against someone like Luigi or Peach, but against any fastfaller, heavyweight or even midweight, Dthrow is the one to use.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Dthrow is nice because you can chase, but Uthrow does more damage.

Kirby is too slow to tech-chase most of the good characters; they usually have a safe "no matter what you can't hit me after dthrow" option that good players will use almost every time....even if it's just teching + DIing in the same direction and then just running/rolling/jumping away. Most players don't realize this and dthrow can be good against that type of player, but you either have to be really lucky or really fast to be able to chase someone who knows what they're doing.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's pretty much true. Anyone who knows anything about Kirby can just tech roll away and have enough time to retreat from anything Kirby can throw at them. Unless they're Pichu.

Luckily, lots and lots of people don't realize this.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Dthrow is nice because you can chase, but Uthrow does more damage.

Kirby is too slow to tech-chase most of the good characters; they usually have a safe "no matter what you can't hit me after dthrow" option that good players will use almost every time....even if it's just teching + DIing in the same direction and then just running/rolling/jumping away. Most players don't realize this and dthrow can be good against that type of player, but you either have to be really lucky or really fast to be able to chase someone who knows what they're doing.
hmm, but downthrow leaves u on the ground and opponent in the air = better followups
And u-throw is not a great option because even if your opponent didn't expect it, they can see that it was used and will be given time to react to recover from tumbling and DI and attack back and stuff (since you are still in the air)

but... i think i was versing a mid-weight class when i used up-throw and shouted, "SUPLEX!" and started to follow-up. people told me that it was a risky choice even with a fastfall and that d-throw was a better option with more chances.

Top Bottom