• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me playing Roy. Please give suggestions.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
matt:

its true that you dont need advance tecs to beat someone competitive.

on a sidenote, competitive players can probably destroy you with onely one attack and lots of mindgames.

advance tecs only add to the variety of options you can choose from.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
A bit off subject of wha I've been speaking of but can you give me ideas of what to do against Link and Marth? One of my friends play Link(His offense is extremely good till I'm close to them in which he than uses the overpowered spin atack.). While my friend who plays Marth has trouble as I'm always on the offense, his counter continously forces me into defensive mode. I hate Marth's counter, it last too long and its quick to conjure. I've been incorporating throws more so into my strategy however...

Edit: I'm now a child of Smash! o.0 >.> <.< >.> [Okay, enough of that. :)]
If your friend abuses spin attack to much walk into it shield guard the first part, being that that is the only part of the attack that hits then grab him. From their do whatever a roy adviser suggests. Seeing as I don't main marth, I don't know a lot of options for him. The term I explained above is probably one of the most basic yet essential parts in the game, shield grabbing. Shield grabbing works well against short hopped aerial attacks and smash attacks.

As for the marth counter this is where mindgames come into play next time he expects you to attack say in the air do an empty short hop or jump and wait for him to land and then punish. Same thing works on the ground run in to attack and wait for him counter stop then grab him. As Airo said this is where the complexity enters, because there are so many options you can take from many different angles.

D

Deleted member

I think he means ur vids, but hez kinda noobish. The only way u will be able to learn is to go to a tournament. U will see that people there are better than u couldve ever imagined. Some of them might be able to 4 stock u, even if they arent well known or pro at all. The game is much deeper than it seems, and the only way u will realize this is by going to a tournament or playing good people. Be thankful that Airo helped u out with that stuff, soak it up. But until u play people that are at a competative level, u may never understand how inferior u are, well most of us, to those pros u see in vids.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
it's funny how the people who don't play Roy are giving advice, but it makes sense since you're not good enough to be critiqued by good Roy players yet LOL.

Banned via Administration
hey hand your an *** AND a ******* matt would clean the floor with you. you're a ****ing scrub and i would bet $ matt would **** you so hard your butthole would have to be sutchered shut and NO I DONT CARE ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I SPELLED SOUTCHAR RIGHT.

D

Deleted member

Ya HSP. I dont see you posting vids of yourself. Go shove a spoon in a blender, take it out, then shove it up ur ***. Mat is teh ubr l33t...Sort of. But seriously, if u want to improve, go to a tourney. Maybe ull realize how good ken and neo are.

D

Deleted member

...Ok i got an infraction, for minor flaming. How is telling someone to put a spoon in a blender flaming. But nvrmind that, matt post some vids of u playing a human, maybe we can actually critique u a bit.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
sheesh. getting sarcastically flamed for a joke. don't you just love the Roy boards?
^he's right though, you haven't posted a video so you can't tell anybody they suck. plus you just registered this month which really doesn't help your case. not hating, but i been seeing you negatively critiquing a lot of people lately.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
...Ok i got an infraction, for minor flaming. How is telling someone to put a spoon in a blender flaming. But nvrmind that, matt post some vids of u playing a human, maybe we can actually critique u a bit.
you also told him to shove it where the sun dont shine

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
^he's right though, you haven't posted a video so you can't tell anybody they suck. plus you just registered this month which really doesn't help your case. not hating, but i been seeing you negatively critiquing a lot of people lately.
dude. i can critique someone any way I like, even without a video. so what if I joined last month? I've been looking at this site for over a year except my computer was being weird. anyway, I don't think I suck, but even if I do I can still tell people what I want to tell them. even if I had some negative critiquing in this topic, I still had some useful advice (in my opinion).

and besides, once my video camera works, I'll show you a video *slams the door and marches out of the room*.

I'M A KILL ANYONE WHO TELLS ME TO CALM DOWN! DON'T YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!.

D

Deleted member

you also told him to shove it where the sun dont shine
Haha ur right. Oh well, as long as i dont get anymore.
Anyways, HSP, i think we should ban u from critiquing negatively. U dont have vids psoted so why should u be allowed to tell people that they arent very good. Its really disrespectful to the community... /sarcasm.
Nah i see where he is coming from, but u honestly dont need videos.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
dude. i can critique someone any way I like, even without a video. so what if I joined last month? I've been looking at this site for over a year except my computer was being weird. anyway, I don't think I suck, but even if I do I can still tell people what I want to tell them. even if I had some negative critiquing in this topic, I still had some useful advice (in my opinion).

and besides, once my video camera works, I'll show you a video *slams the door and marches out of the room*.

I'M A KILL ANYONE WHO TELLS ME TO CALM DOWN! DON'T YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!.
it seems like youre making johns for why you joined in the last month and why you cant put up vids.
vids or it didnt happen. /gg

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
it's funny how the people who don't play Roy are giving advice, but it makes sense since you're not good enough to be critiqued by good Roy players yet LOL.
its probably just because you Roy players are so darn inactive and lazy. The mewtwo boards are always sprouting thoughtful conversations. we have enough grace to give advice to people starting out.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
its probably just because you Roy players are so darn inactive and lazy. The mewtwo boards are always sprouting thoughtful conversations. we have enough grace to give advice to people starting out.
I already gave advice, and we've heard that the Roy boards suck many times. stop reminding us. sheesh.

Top Bottom