• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me,Loud John, and Jx31 made local news tonight playin melee!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
look at these niggggaas lol

lovin that smash got on tv...hell the local news. Smash gettin media coverage is just hype/.

not the tuition hike...=(

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
My Mother would never live this down if she saw it..She would go on a rant on how i should have been on tv studyin or somethin lame loll

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lolololol.
F***IN BAGEL NATION, MAKIN HEADLINES.

jeff looks like he's gettin scraped like always lololol.

*watches more* LOL WHY THIS N****'S FOX COMIN OFF THE RESPAWN PLATFORM LOL.

Oh i'm bout to troll the f*** out this n**** as soon as he gets on aim or something.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
lolololol.
F***IN BAGEL NATION, MAKIN HEADLINES.

jeff looks like he's gettin scraped like always lololol.

*watches more* LOL WHY THIS N****'S FOX COMIN OFF THE RESPAWN PLATFORM LOL.

Oh i'm bout to troll the f*** out this n**** as soon as he gets on aim or something.
That Fox was mine sorry..I have little skill in melee

Laijin

Smash Hero
Marth.

For the content of the video: I don't get why people don't just take out more loans to pay for school. If they can't afford it, then get more loans. That is why student loans exist. Only excuse is if you legitimately can't get a loan because nobody wants to cosign with you,you have bad credit/no credit, etc etc

Although overall the tuition hike is pretty ghey.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Getting a loan is a bad idea if you don't have an income, and it's hard to find a steady job now a days.

Laijin

Smash Hero
But dude. Its for your education. Doesn't matter. If you don't have any income, you can easily talk to them to defer your loans longer if you don't have a job yet or lower your payments.

Rayku

Smash Lord
They're two completely different things. Debt and Education are both serious business. I personally don't like the idea of going into a lifetime supply of debt just to "get smarter."

What's the education ultimately for? To make money? What's that money going to do, pay off your debt?

I only get slightly offended at you taking debt so lightly because my mother did get a legitimate education, and is now up to her armpits in debt. No one could have predicted her getting laid off from her job (if she had kept it, the debt would honestly not be a problem. We lived comfortably)

College is a giant gamble. We can all talk about the economy and how it sucks, but that's just an argument/*****fest we've all seen, heard, and been involved in.

Basically, don't **** with debt. It will make your life much more miserable than an education can make it happy.

Purple

Hi guys!
if tuitions get high, you gotta say bye.

On the real, you don't need to graduate immediately and get into the 'real world' as fast as possible if it causes you to get high in debt. Find schools that your scholarships can pay for, if you can't do that, go to a different school with lighter tuition costs.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I do agree. It is a gamble.
If you do not finish school, you get screwed over because you are in debt and you don't have a degree.
If you do finish school, you gotta worry about "Will my degree get me a good job to pay off my debt?"
Those two are really important. You must make the best out of your education and try your best to succeed in life(although unfortunately life is full of surprises and does not always work as expected).

To me however, its worth it. I'd rather go to college, get a degree in something I will not only enjoy but also further my education, try my hardest in school and make myself marketable in the job market of that field and hope I get a job I will enjoy.
My other option, not going to school or going to a school with a very light tuition cost which may not fully give me the skills I need/want to have to give me an edge over others who are in the same field just to avoid debt(although while being the obvious safe option), does not really feel all that worth it to me.

Overall, this is all a case of opinion. In my opinion, going to a good school and getting everything you can out of it to increase your chances in landing a job in something you would love is much better than playing it safe just to avoid debt.

Edit: I'm not taking debt lightly at all btw. Sorry if it seems that way. Debt can indeed **** you over. However it is a risk for most people who are not fortunate enough to pay off college with all cash, has scholarships but yet still wants the same opportunity as the person who is fortunate enough to be able to pay their way through college with no worries.

Rayku

Smash Lord
To me however, its worth it. I'd rather go to college, get a degree in something I will not only enjoy but also further my education, try my hardest in school and make myself marketable in the job market of that field and hope I get a job I will enjoy.
That one word makes the option of going to school so much less...logical. Such is life...

Laijin

Smash Hero
That one word makes the option of going to school so much less...logical. Such is life...
You have a much better chance at landing the job you want than someone who does not go to school(Exception here is unless you already have a ton of prior experience in the field).
"Hope" is something that is applied to most things in life. You "hope" things go well today. You "hope" you do not get into a car accident today. However, life is full of unexpected events. There are always things you can do to help improve those chances of "hope" and its no different than going to school.
You can hope all day long you get a good job, but to increase your chances of getting that job the obvious choice would be to get a degree.

And thats my logic.

Anyways. I'm done with this argument.
Conclusion: We obviously have different values. No use in arguing over that. =\

Rayku

Smash Lord
You have a much better chance at landing the job you want than someone who does not go to school(Exception here is unless you already have a ton of prior experience in the field).
"Hope" is something that is applied to most things in life. You "hope" things go well today. You "hope" you do not get into a car accident today. However, life is full of unexpected events. There are always things you can do to help improve those chances of "hope" and its no different than going to school.
You can hope all day long you get a good job, but to increase your chances of getting that job the obvious choice would be to get a degree.

And thats my logic.

Anyways. I'm done with this argument.
Conclusion: We obviously have different values. No use in arguing over that. =\
I don't need you preaching life values to me, Laijin. I'm not 13

I don't even know why you did that. I wasn't even disagreeing, I was really just stating a point.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I don't need you preaching life values to me, Laijin. I'm not 13

I don't even know why you did that. I wasn't even disagreeing, I was really just stating a point.
Well. I apologize. I thought we were having a discussion here?
I figured you wanted to be a part of the discussion since you commented on my post.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Well. I apologize. I thought we were having a discussion here?
I figured you wanted to be a part of the discussion since you commented on my post.
What I said was purely a form of opinion. I don't really see anything to discuss other than the value of one opinion over the value of another, because they are both pretty valid.

Annoyingly enough, some of the most successful "everyday" people I/my mother know(s) didn't even go to college. Life is so brutal.

Top Bottom