• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Me at a tournament.

nublet06

Smash Lord
this is pretty good quality....but the camera is shakey at times. its me agaisnt diesuperfly (DSF) in the winners finals at a socal tournament. i ended up getting third because someone came back from losers bracket and eliminated me before i could play dsf again.

i only win one match, and i think i even suicide a few times. so i dont expect any positive response to me getting owned. but i figured people might want to see anyway.

DSF (marth) vs ROFL (luigi) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3OO6hESeQ

DSF (Fox) vs ROFL (luigi) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_IcnFHsU4

DSF (sheik) vs ROFL (luigi) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYyLOaC77xE

DSF (link) vs ROFL (luigi) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECNmi5oszEg

nublet06

Smash Lord
SITH2 (smash in the hills) which ended up moving to araknaphobics place and a few more people came because we all got kicked out after doubles. only time ive ever attended the same tournament in two places.

the other guy i lost to is Romeo. a very sick falcon player. to be honest tho....i wont lost to him again :p i was making a lot of costly mistakes and i plan on learning from each and every one of them. i love improving form tournaments :p

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Nothing personal ROFL, but it looked like DSF was sandbagging with Fox. I remember seeing a video of him destroying Silentspectre's Falcon with Fox; it was the first time I'd ever seen anyone put waveshining to practical use. I know he could play a lot better than he did in that video.

I say this only to prevent other Luigi's from tornadoing that much against Foxes; bad things will happen.

However I got to give you props on how well you did against his Sheik, considering it's his bread-and-butter, and what a bad matchup it is.

nublet06

Smash Lord
lol no he just cant really beat me with fox. i went to his house before and its the same story. i do well on his marth (win a few times mostly lose) beat his fox (win most of the time) never played his sheik before (that was fun) and we have really close matches with link and luigi (this wasnt very close)

i honestly just destroy foxes. tornado doesnt work on every fox....i have played the ones that punish it. but he didnt (good thing it made it easier).

koreandj doesnt seem to play fox agaisnt me whenever i get the chance to play friendlies with him. he always picks sheik because i think he would rather do that in tournament situation because i have beaten his fox before in friendlies. i have played 2 friendlies with mew2king and beat his fox (of course he was "sandbagging") and ive beaten every other random fox player. some of them pretty good and ranked in socal (champ)

plus...fox vs falcon is rigged. you can waveshine in to anything you want. fox vs luigi is not....you can waveshine in to nothing but lasers. or maybe a dash attack with bad DI.

as a side note...Tornado seems to be really annoying agaisnt good players. i beat chu dat in 3 sets of money matches. 2 out of 3 every time. for two dollars. i won all six dollars. in those matches i think he got hit with every single down b i did. same as mew2king. if you think about it....good players see fox falco marth sheik everyday...not some slippery plumber.

****im not trying to brag at all, but i am just very confident when it comes to playing sometimes. i still lose to random *** people though and im not even ranked in socal so dont come in here and yell at me for bragging about beating "sand baggers". i suxors****

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL, don't take it the wrong way, ROFL. I'm not one of those people like Taj or M2K who yelled at you for saying you beat them while they sandbagged. They may or may not have been, and in any case sandbagging is always a lame john.

Honestly, I was more impressed with the way you lost to DSF's Sheik than the way you won over his Fox. It looked to me like his Fox just wasn't playing that well. Now it could be that you're making him look bad, but there were punishable opportunities he didn't take, and I can't imagine that it's because he doesn't know how.

nublet06

Smash Lord
lol yeah i know...i was just putting a disclaimer out. i usually have to do that if i say anythign about my accomplishments because im unknown.

to be honest tho DSF's fox is a lot different than other good fox players. he only really uses it for counterpicking like agaisnt falcon or sheik. i dont want to say it isnt good, cause it still ***** a lot of people, but most of the time its a character fox does well on. so he might not know much about matchups outside of fox vs the top tier characters. while his sheik and marth are good enough to adapt to any matchup.

you would be VERY suprised on how little the top players in smash know what to do agaisnt luigi.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
great stuff on marth, i know u would have won that if u wouldnt have SD'd :(

nice comboige on the fox XD

and i thought u did a great job against his sheik/link

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
SITH2 (smash in the hills) which ended up moving to araknaphobics place and a few more people came because we all got kicked out after doubles. only time ive ever attended the same tournament in two places.

the other guy i lost to is Romeo. a very sick falcon player. to be honest tho....i wont lose to him again :p i was making a lot of costly mistakes and i plan on learning from each and every one of them. i love improving form tournaments :p

ay good **** man.

lol

C 3

Smash Ace
*thumbs down at video quality and a lack of a tripod/steady surface*

Match 1: Great job keeping him on his feet. You made great use of the WD. Tough SD though, that most likely cost you the match. I love the way you play against Marth's, it's incredibly effective and a great way to beat luigi's counterpick. For that fact alone you are one of my favourite luigi players. Hope you make the PR one day as a luigi main, make us all proud! :p

Match 2: From the beginning of the match DSF's defence wasn't too impressive, and choosing fox against luigi is a risky move. A good luigi player can MESS UP fox's and fast fallers in general, and needless to say you are good. This is in no way shape or form is a shot at DSF, I know he's an amazing player and I respect him a lot, I just don't agree with his fox decision. He lost is first stock quite easily, not to mention missing a million techs, and I strongly believe if it wasn't for the shine spikes, you would have 2 or even 3 stocked him.

Match 3: Considering DSF was using sheik, another luigi counter which also happens to be his main, and he was playing really well, you put up a great and respectable fight. Lots of great shows of technique and strategy, but sheik is sheik :p

Match 4: Tough edge guard mess up to lose the first stock. You played well, but clearly link's projectile's were a big factor in the match. Reminded me a lot of the thunders/aniki match. Great DI work to avoid losing your second stock. Great stuff overall!

I don't know how i'm going to get over there, but I would love to face you one of these days.

Top Bottom