• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDZ's Yoshi Problems! Oh My!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Trick them into swinging with a smash or something, and during their lag, that's when you use your speed/tech skill. Make them approach you. Back air is usually a nice move when they're approaching, especially through the air. F-air has good range if you can space it out well, and n-air is FAST. Don't forget about d-tilt and d-smash/f-smash.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I actually agree with Rob right off the bat.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like they're just abusing holes in your approach game and that you're just kinda running after them while they take pot shots at you when you leave yourself open. Try to force them over to you sometimes and see if you can't retaliate in kind. Yoshi seems to have better overall priority in general on his defensive moves (forward tilt, down tilt, up smash, forward smash, back air) than his approach moves (neutral air, forward air, dash attack) and his defensive moves are harder to CC I've found. So yeah, try turning the tables tactics-wise a little bit and see how that helps.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they're rolling and shielding a lot, get them to roll and then punish with a smash.

Play defensively, and try to avoid FFA games. 1v1 is the way to go with Yoshi.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
it seems like they are jus use to playing u so dmn much they kno what to do vs u. i have the same problem with my friends, who rarely utilize and advanced tactics. jus play more defensively and punish them on their mistakes. as said b4, change up ur approach also

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hmm i dont know much about facing mario. But with marth. U want to stick to the ground. and punish him for his weak or missed srikes. He cant stand up to u for long. if it looks like his tryin to grab u. either supershield dodge, dodge, or down tilt. o an instant edge hog that hoe when u get him of the stage.

For young link. U have to keep pressure on him. But be careful of his projectiles. for me it works to be aggressive to the point where your not trading hits. Just dont let him set stuff up. Or have room to breath. You should be in mid distance at all times. Lol an sorry bout kirby. I ve never fought a serirous one.

-PM-

Smash Ace
hint: egg spam when the come to you own em up besides that pretty much everythings been covered i think

Top Bottom