• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Oh really? Too different to still work with renamed bones even? Also thank you. Maybe I will go with the idea of them over the Pokemon Trainer if possible.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, it also seems that Mario Sports Mix uses MDL0 (and must be extracted from a memory dump). The bad news is that the models might be a very new form of MDL0 (even newer than Sonic Colours), because even after corrections I can't preview them. I'll try fixing them again at a later time.

NintendoShadowMario

Smash Journeyman
Well, it also seems that Mario Sports Mix uses MDL0 (and must be extracted from a memory dump). The bad news is that the models might be a very new form of MDL0 (even newer than Sonic Colours), because even after corrections I can't preview them. I'll try fixing them again at a later time.
Mario Sports Mix uses them?! AWESOME!

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay now I am really confused. I loaded the regular Rayman Rabbid over Snake (I renamed the first bone to TopN and had to add 22 bones but then it should have met all of the requirements) I also replaced Snake's textures with the Rabbids but when I loaded the game the rabbid was invisible. Could you please PM me for how to fix that?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay now I am really confused. I loaded the regular Rayman Rabbid over Snake (I renamed the first bone to TopN and had to add 22 bones but then it should have met all of the requirements) I also replaced Snake's textures with the Rabbids but when I loaded the game the rabbid was invisible. Could you please PM me for how to fix that?
D'oh! That would be my fault. I accidentally packed up the wrong model file. Gimme a few minutes, and I'll send you the right one.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Cool thanks. All of the right files? They are apparently all invisible. Also is there a way to fix them on my own? I manually polygon deleted everything so that I could seperate all of the weapons and such. It took about 1 1/2 hours to do and would suck if I have to do it again.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Cool thanks. All of the right files? They are apparently all invisible. Also is there a way to fix them on my own? I manually polygon deleted everything so that I could seperate all of the weapons and such. It took about 1 1/2 hours to do and would suck if I have to do it again.
There's actually one byte that I changed to fix the transparency error. Look for a set of bytes that goes like this for each material set:

61F33F00 00614000 001761FE 00FFE361 410004A1 61420000 00000000 00000000

The byte with the underline has to be changed to "A0". In BrawlBox 0.64, it changes the "EnableBlend" flag from "True" to "False", which fixes the invisibility problem.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
(EDIT 2: Okay, lemme go back and eat my own words again.)

(Didn't bother getting an animation ready, as I wasn't sure it was going to work.)

Sonic Colours just needs to have the "Textures2" offset blanked out after hexing 'em as usual. They've also got the same problem as the Mario & Sonic models, where they disappear if the centre of the stage isn't visible. Mario Sports Mix just needs to have the same polygon/material corrections as Smash-Up for its MDL0s to work (which I'll mention later). Not sure if you can see it easily, but Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush is also in the pic, but it's very small...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You got Sonic Colours models working? AWESOME! Hope this means Stage Imports in the future. I wonder what causes the 0,0,0 glitch though...

but my question is why does everyone want, that weird robotic sonic?
Where'd you get that idea? :s

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I know the game just came out a few days ago, but it was leaked a few weeks ago, does anyone know if Epic Mickey uses mdl0?

I don't have an ISO of the game, only a WBFS file, I made the mistake of deleting all my ISO's and leaving all my WBFS files to save space. Biggest mistake I ever made. I tried converting them from WBFS back to ISO but Wiiscrubber doesn't like ISO's converted from WBFS for me, so I have no way to look inside these games.

So if someone could look and get back to me that would be GREATLY appreciated. I know its very far fetched being I'm new to modding brawl to create my own characters, but I do know the modding scene and I really want to try!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know the game just came out a few days ago, but it was leaked a few weeks ago, does anyone know if Epic Mickey uses mdl0?

I don't have an ISO of the game, only a WBFS file, I made the mistake of deleting all my ISO's and leaving all my WBFS files to save space. Biggest mistake I ever made. I tried converting them from WBFS back to ISO but Wiiscrubber doesn't like ISO's converted from WBFS for me, so I have no way to look inside these games.

So if someone could look and get back to me that would be GREATLY appreciated. I know its very far fetched being I'm new to modding brawl to create my own characters, but I do know the modding scene and I really want to try!
Epic Mickey does not use mdl0, instead it has .pak
It's a non-MDL0 model format.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Dang, I'm sorry, I must have went passed that post, I apologize for asking a question that was already answered.

I'm also quite disappointed, I wanted that version of Mickey in Brawl, that'd be sweet!

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
If I knew how PSA works (and if I didn't have a billion other things that I have to work on), I'd personally work on Leonardo.

And I kinda had an idea for the Rabbids... If possible, it would be great for them to replace the Pokémon Trainer. Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard for the Raving Rabbid, Ninja Rabbid and Splinter Cell Rabbid. I'd like to see that happen someday, but wasn't there a file size limit for them, or something along those lines that makes it difficult to modify them?
If u can get me the Turtles working models and explain how to extract all the animations, I just might pick up this Leonardo project. =]

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
If u can get me the Turtles working models and explain how to extract all the animations, I just might pick up this Leonardo project. =]
Lucky for you, I went and fixed up his model and extracted all of his animations about a week ago. Want me to pack 'em up and send 'em to you? I'll also send you Mikey, Raph and Don's textures as well so you could potentially use them as alternate costumes.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
!!!!

.FADE i'll love you if you do this!

mind putting him over ness?

or how about some other character?

maybe falco?

QUESTION:

RandomTBush
do you think you could make your sandwitch a pokeball?

i think it would be friggin hilarious.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
!!!!

.FADE i'll love you if you do this!

mind putting him over ness?

or how about some other character?

maybe falco?

QUESTION:

RandomTBush
do you think you could make your sandwitch a pokeball?

i think it would be friggin hilarious.
Heh. I had personally tried putting Leonardo over Falco for a test run when trying out the animations. (If Falco were to be replaced, perhaps Slash and Venus de Milo Classic Leonardo would be good skin ideas for the green and blue skins?)

As for making the Sandvich as a Poké Ball replacement, I think that could be done by just swapping the models around.

(EDIT: Gah. Leonardo's alternate outfit from Smash-Up has a completely different bone structure than the original. There goes that idea.)

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Lucky for you, I went and fixed up his model and extracted all of his animations about a week ago. Want me to pack 'em up and send 'em to you? I'll also send you Mikey, Raph and Don's textures as well so you could potentially use them as alternate costumes.
Sure, I'd love to try it out. Can't promise anything tho...I've have terrible experiences with import models. And since the turtles have no projectiles [or do they?], I don't have to worry about articles :D

So, anything I should know that glitches up about this particular model? and is there any other characters the turtles would work comfortably over? Falco's definitely an option, but y'know, there are plenty of other characters with terrible PSAs. :p

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm having troubles getting my hands on a working ISO for my wiiscrubber to work on Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo.

I've ripped my copy, but it becomes wbfs, i downloaded ISO's, and wiiscrubber doesn't like any of them.

Is there any chance anyone could rip the Krillin model for me and send it to me? that'd be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured out that it wasn't my ISO's, it was my wiiscrubber's Key.bin that was wrong, I had to generate a new Key.bin and it worked perfectly! Now to start on my project right away! :)

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
There's faloc, fox, wario, yoshi, pit, jigglypuff (this one in my opinion), ness, (don't do lucas, i want Klonoa) Ice climbers (if you want more than noe turtle. and i think that would be BAD ***! raph and mikey, or done and leo),

a small list, of definit gay's.

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
(EDIT 2: Okay, lemme go back and eat my own words again.)

(Didn't bother getting an animation ready, as I wasn't sure it was going to work.)

Sonic Colours just needs to have the "Textures2" offset blanked out after hexing 'em as usual. They've also got the same problem as the Mario & Sonic models, where they disappear if the centre of the stage isn't visible. Mario Sports Mix just needs to have the same polygon/material corrections as Smash-Up for its MDL0s to work (which I'll mention later). Not sure if you can see it easily, but Bowser Jr.'s paintbrush is also in the pic, but it's very small...
i have a question to resize models like the brush you hex or only by animate or something else?

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
hello again everyone.
i'm currently checking if Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (PAL version) has mdl0's.
the files are in .arc format, so i'm gonna use arc extractor to see if any mdl0's are present.
let you guys know soon.
Any update on this, perchance?

Also, has anyone confirmed whether or not Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO uses MDL0s yet? I'm guessing it does (since it's just a SF-style update of Climax Heroes W, which does use them), but some confirmation would be lovely.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes OOO uses FPK (I dont remember exactly)) but you can get Brres files using an FPK extractor, Kamen Rider OOO seems to have blank textures where should be his body ones (The main Rider OOO has this because he switch between bodies-legs-heads and those are in separatly archives so you cant put OOO in brawl) im going to check the animation data tomorrow, Kamen Rider Accel for example uses the old style but i need to find the animation data of him

The good thing is the characters have their names in the iso "not like the previous game where the character data was in bins with Ch00 names"

Edit: wow someone asked about this game 2 post ago im useful and someone cares about kamen rider

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I'm having troubles getting my textures working properly with my krillin model. They won't load in my Brawlbox even after I had them hexed and whatnot. I tried it both the automatic hexing and the long way hexing, both times I get the same results, a white krillin model with a partial blue face and a blue powerpole.

Do I have to import him over one of the characters first to get the textures to work? or how can I do this?

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes OOO uses FDK (I dont remember exactly)) but you can get Brres files using an FDK extractor, Kamen Rider OOO seems to have blank textures where should be his body ones (The main Rider OOO has this because he switch between bodies-legs-heads and those are in separatly archives so you cant put OOO in brawl) im going to check the animation data tomorrow, Kamen Rider Accel for example uses the old style but i need to find the animation data of him

The good thing is the characters have their names in the iso "not like the previous game where the character data was in bins with Ch00 names"

Edit: wow someone asked about this game 2 post ago im useful and someone cares about kamen rider
Ah, thanks. It's a bit disappointing that OOO won't be usable, but at least FangJoker, Accel, and all the upgraded Heisei Riders will be available.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Ah, thanks. It's a bit disappointing that OOO won't be usable, but at least FangJoker, Accel, and all the upgraded Heisei Riders will be available.

fang-joker and heisei upgraded riders are usable, i need to find the animation data but bet Kamen rider climax heroes W animations are usable

Edit: The animation data is in .mot
Edit2: Climax heroes W animations are not usable, im going to check the iso but this sucks so you will need to make the animations by yourself

Top Bottom