• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McLeodGaming Direct Recap

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Yeah I know. Pokemon was just the first thing that popped in my head.
It simply means you're both right. If someone won't play a game because it has a character they don't like in it, then with that logic, unless you're a big Nintendo fan, they shouldn't be touching Smash with a 52mile pole. Or any other game with any one playable character they don't like.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Not interested in Isaac.
Classic is tacking on fake difficulty with unnecessary "perils". All I want are tough opponents, not ****ing handicaps.
Bowser is already in official Smash Bros. games. I'll play those.
Desk is nice. Not hype, but it's nice. Never played Chibi Robo so can't establish a real opinion.
"Classic is tacking on fake difficulty with unnecessary "perils". All I want are tough opponents, not ****ing handicaps."

Basically summed up Sm4sh single player mode as a whole.

"Bowser is already in official Smash Bros. games. I'll play those."

It's a usable Melee bowser, what's not to like about him?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was really hoping they would change Mega Man to his SSB4 moveset so I could use this as a practice of sorts for my Mega Man
I can imagine that!

Random SSF2 Dev: "Hey guys! MegaMan is in Smash now! How about using this moveset for our game instead of the one we worked for weeks, if not months, to pull off?"

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I can imagine that!

Random SSF2 Dev: "Hey guys! MegaMan is in Smash now! How about using this moveset for our game instead of the one we worked for weeks, if not months, to pull off?"
He feels unfinished in Smash 4 imo.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
He feels unfinished in Smash 4 imo.
Yeah, but at least he's viable in Smash 4. I'm fine with SSF2 MM having the laggiest (And Ichigo and Dk are in that game), almost weakest attacks, if he had recovery that didn't let you get OHKOed by a fireball. Like who thinks it's fair giving half the cast better recovery than him, then making him die on one hit without any way to save himself unlike Snake? Oh, and not letting him sweetspot the ledge, giving him no way to get down safely and forcing him to cancel with a laggy aerial?

I'd make one change to Mega Man, and give him Rush Coil. or maybe the SSB4 Beat.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Just played for the first time,

Black Mage is a beast

Usahi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Usahii
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.
I suppose they're there because SSF2 is supposed to be a dream Smash Bros. (Not going to lie, I can get used to playing as Naruto and Sora)
Isn't that a bit of a trivial reason not to give it a try though? It looks pretty fun :p

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Getting meteored means nothing, mate

Many characters have good recoveries that can be gimped by meteors
I meant he just kept falling. He didn't even try. It obviously isn't guaranteed info, but unfortunately it's something. I also want to say I hope I'm wrong, because the amount of people wanting his recovery fixed is astounding, I think they would have noticed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I meant he just kept falling. He didn't even try. It obviously isn't guaranteed info, but unfortunately it's something. I also want to say I hope I'm wrong, because the amount of people wanting his recovery fixed is astounding, I think they would have noticed.
The damage was never shown, and maybe the one playing Mega Man decided not to do the UpB

Either that, or spikes are confirmed

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
The damage was never shown, and maybe the one playing Mega Man decided not to do the UpB

Either that, or spikes are confirmed
Yes, he may have just decided not to, or maybe he couldn't. We don't know until the game comes out or some Apex footage makes it obvious.

And aren't there already spikes? up to 0.8a there were no meteor canceling so everything spiked. But Link's tipper dtilt, Zelda's dair and Falcon's chest dair hitbox all spike.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes, he may have just decided not to, or maybe he couldn't. We don't know until the game comes out or some Apex footage makes it obvious.

And aren't there already spikes? up to 0.8a there were no meteor canceling so everything spiked. But Link's tipper dtilt, Zelda's dair and Falcon's chest dair hitbox all spike.
You know a spike means insta-KO in the air, right?

That explains why Mega Man didn't do his UpB

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

Spike isn't insta KO in the air. It means you can't meteor cancel, and you take full knockback like any other move, combined with fallspeed and gravity to increase it further. For example, meteor canceling was removed form Sm4sh so all moves that hit downward are spikes. In SSF2, most downward hitting moves can be jumped or Up-Bed out of of after some frames, but do it too early and you have to wait like another 45 frames before trying again. Kaio-Ken fair isn't a spike, and whether or not it's changed, it means that either MM couldn't recover, or didn't bother trying cause he wouldn't make it.

D

Deleted member

Where's Mewtwo? I don't care about Issac or Bowser. Give us characters that actually mean something, not characters that are pointless and should remain assist trophies/bosses/Super Smash Bros. Crusade Characters.

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet

In SSF2, if MM gets hit out of his up-b (he doesn't cancel it, and he only gets hit once) then he doesn't get it back. It's a huge hole, but considering the raw distance it gives he can make it back from extremely far away with it. It's sort of like Villager's recovery in sm4sh: extremely high vertical but an obvious weakness.

In addition, MM is definitely viable for play in SSF2. He isn't a super strong character like MK, but he's still viable.

Finally, I prefer MM's moveset in SSF2 to MM's in sm4sh because 1) He actually has a complete moveset (I'm looking at you, neutral attack), and 2) He introduces a mechanic not seen in smash until Shulk (the ability to switch abilities, however Shulk changes stats not an entire move).

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
In SSF2, if MM gets hit out of his up-b (he doesn't cancel it, and he only gets hit once) then he doesn't get it back. It's a huge hole, but considering the raw distance it gives he can make it back from extremely far away with it. It's sort of like Villager's recovery in sm4sh: extremely high vertical but an obvious weakness.

In addition, MM is definitely viable for play in SSF2. He isn't a super strong character like MK, but he's still viable.

Finally, I prefer MM's moveset in SSF2 to MM's in sm4sh because 1) He actually has a complete moveset (I'm looking at you, neutral attack), and 2) He introduces a mechanic not seen in smash until Shulk (the ability to switch abilities, however Shulk changes stats not an entire move).
MM does not go extremely high and Black mage goes higher. Many character go just almost as high as MM just as fast, and be able to grab the edge. MM cannot and can't even cancel out of it, so if someone tries to gimp you, just fastfall into the abyss, nothing you can do at all.

Also villager can be hard to Gimp because there are few moves that won't hit Villager since he'll jump straight up into your move, likely beyond the pint where it could spike.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Where's Mewtwo? I don't care about Issac or Bowser. Give us characters that actually mean something, not characters that are pointless and should remain assist trophies/bosses/Super Smash Bros. Crusade Characters.
You're already getting Mewtwo as DLC for Sm4sh. Is that not enough for you?
And Isaac is a highly requested character for Smash Bros. so this is the next best thing if he never makes into an official game.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.
I don't see why it matters, it's not like anyone's forcing you to play as them, Like I get that it may be a bit jarring at first, but if the rest of the game is good I don't see how it matters.

Top Bottom