• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MC3- Sat April 26th- Orlando (UCF)

TANK64

Smash Lord
Orlando: Saturday, April 19th

Student Lounge at UCF by Lake Claire apts.
Park in H. It's free on weekends and STUFF.

Looking to start the tourney at 3pm.

$5 for entry

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
What's the Student Center? Is it the same thing as the Student Union at the center of campus?

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^I was on my fone and you no how that iz.

Figured I should at least start the thread, or else it would go another week lol.

@ Vale Vale , Naw it's a small student lounge right by the Lake Claire apts.
Like literally next to their laundromat. Park in H. It's free on weekends.
Or just get dropped off at the apts and call one of us. /GPS that bish.

@ S SheerMadness , When do you go into work on Sat?

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
we should make a facebook page for this. and maybe i can make some posters and put them around campus or something. we can probably get a pretty decent turnout for this

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Just realized that this takes place the day before Easter. Perhaps we could get a better turnout on a different date? anyone else have thoughts on this?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Just realized that this takes place the day before Easter. Perhaps we could get a better turnout on a different date? anyone else have thoughts on this?
What's up with people and Easter? Tournaments during Easter are getting flak from people for simply being held during Easter.

kys

Smash Ace
Believe it or not, people celebrate Easter, many times with family. A crazy concept for a holiday, no?

Vale

Smash Ace
I don't think being the day before Easter would be that big of a deal. People would still be home during Easter if their family celebrates it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I hear you @ S SheerMadness . and I SUPPOSE we could work something out.

@ MrMarbles MrMarbles , would the 29th make a difference?

I just was trying to make it sooner because we didn't have one this month, but I'll talk to Matt/Stephen and see what they say and go from there.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I hear you @ S SheerMadness . and I SUPPOSE we could work something out.

@ MrMarbles MrMarbles , would the 29th make a difference?

I just was trying to make it sooner because we didn't have one this month, but I'll talk to Matt/Stephen and see what they say and go from there.
PERSONALLY either date is fine with me. i was just thinking about UCF people who could potentially leave town on that weekend, but i havent actually talked to anyone about it

kys

Smash Ace
If I could get housing (the night of) and a cool dude to lend me a controller so I can show off my terrible console skills, I might be able to swing this. Anyone housing lol?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
If I could get housing (the night of) and a cool dude to lend me a controller so I can show off my terrible console skills, I might be able to swing this. Anyone housing lol?
you're welcome to stay at my place, im like 5 minutes from the venue and my couch is pretty comfy. Also we could probably have a small smashfest at my place after the tourney if anyone was interested in that, it would have to go no later than like 1-2 tho cuz of roomates and whatnot.

@ TANK64 TANK64 whats the final word on date/ time for this?

Vale

Smash Ace
Vale... The eternal fraud.
Well, I WAS confirmed for the 19th. Not my fault people decided to change the date.

Going to prom instead of a tournament? Wow what a loser ;)
Well, let's consider the options here:
1) Being bored at prom and sitting awkwardly in a corner playing my DS.
2) Having a good time at a Smash 64 event and getting to compete against and learn from great players.

Pretty sure none of my friends are even going to prom, but I can't imagine being able to convince my parents to let me ditch it.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
"hey mom and dad, none of my friends are going to prom, i don't have a date, and i'd rather not waste the time and money on something i won't enjoy."

i didn't go to prom...but i did go to prom weekend. which was definitely worth it.

Vale

Smash Ace
"hey mom and dad, none of my friends are going to prom, i don't have a date, and i'd rather not waste the time and money on something i won't enjoy."
My mom's convinced it's some kind of experience I'll regret not having sometime in the future. Also, it'll be much safer at prom because all smash players are secretly trying to sell drugs to me or something (unlike high school students attending prom, which would never consider using/selling drugs, amirite guys?).

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow who forces their kids to do that ****. Tell your mom she's a nerd and pop her one across the face, problem solved.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
26th when SHEER is off work
wut, I saw earlier in the thread you guys were discussing between the 19th and 29th so I wasn't worried about the date.

So now I guess it's the 26th now which is out of nowhere. I can't go on the 26th date only because there is a super important MLG sponsored melee tourney in south florida the same day I have been planning for a while now. :/

MattNF

Smash Lord
I might go but I think I have to play a tournament match for another game (on PC) that evening.

Sedda

Smash Champion
My mom's convinced it's some kind of experience I'll regret not having sometime in the future. Also, it'll be much safer at prom because all smash players are secretly trying to sell drugs to me or something (unlike high school students attending prom, which would never consider using/selling drugs, amirite guys?).
Just don't go to prom. Tell your mom your friends aren't going and you don't really get along with people there or something. wtf

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
sooo u don't want my drugs then orrr....?

M!nt

Smash Champion
Vale are you a senior? Do whatever you want, but you might actually regret not going to prom just saying.

Vale

Smash Ace
Vale are you a senior? Do whatever you want, but you might actually regret not going to prom just saying.
Eh, I've never been a fan of the other school dances. I went last year as a junior and it was pretty bad. Is there something different besides emotional attachment?

Update: My parents might actually be open to let me go to this because then we wouldn't have to rent an outfit.

kys

Smash Ace
26th now? Looking bad but WHO KNOWS???

Senior prom is good if you have a girl to go with you. It's okay if you have a lot of good friends who will be there.

Honestly, as an old dude, I can assure anyone that 8-9 years later prom is nothing but another hazy memory of a fun weekend. You'll have countless more in college. Do what is in you.

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
as a socially awkward loser who went to prom with a girl it was without a doubt top 5 worst nights of my young life don't go.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I don't want to derail Vale's prom thread, but uh the tourney is tomorrow. Would LOVE some confirmations from Matt and kys.

Who are collectively the hardest people to get a hold of.

If y'all could pm me your cell that would be great.

And this is a time when everyone bringing TVs/consoles would be a good idea. Thank Yooooou!

Top Bottom