• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 30, 2015] Bourbon State Smash: The Rise of a Champion (Louisville KY)

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard

We've had some great turnouts and tons of fierce competition! Let's keep it up! Expect beefed up prizes and more fun!

Bring a full set up (includes TV) for 1$ off your entry fee!

Competitive Singles Tournament
Double Elimination
No Custom Moves
Default Miis (1111)

Venue: Something 2 Do
May 30th, 2015
Start time: 12:10 PM

PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES
Entry fee: 7$ Total
(5$ event fee, 1$ venue fee, 1$ extra prize fee)
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES

Bring your own controller. We will have Gamecube adapters on each of the tournament set-ups.

Prize Payout

Prizes will be determined by the number of entrants. We'll be using the following system:

Singles:

1st: 40%
2nd: 28%
3rd: 16%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% (x2)

RULES:

Stage List

---Starter Stages---

● Battlefield
● Omega Palutena's Temple (in place of Final Destination)
● Smashville

---Counterpick Stages---

● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase.
If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: For the first round the player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: After a game, the player who won the
previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists. Then the player who lost may choose one of the remaining stages to play on.

I'll have a copy of the stage list at each station, so don't worry.

---The Matches---

Matches will be best 2 out of 3.
Grand Finals will become best 3 out of 5.
No items.
3 Stocks.
8 minutes.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1619773238259340/

Last edited:

NessfromOnett

Smash Cadet
I hope I can make it. I guess it just depends on my schedule. I'm sure things will work out, I haven't missed one yet.

Last edited:

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
so after watching some Amiibo tournaments I sort of want to do some Amiibo side matches or money matches. Train them up and have some totally legal amiibo fights.

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Why is the Tourney next weekend instead of this one? I thought there was a schedule of every weeks?

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
How are we on custom moves for mii's? Still only 1111? Or could we possibly mix it up?
Last week I posted in the BSS facebook group about it and the idea was dismissed by everyone who replied. So still 1111 for now

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
How big is the tournament going to be? In terms of how many people do you guys expect?

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Will any of it be streamed?
Trying to fix it up for some streaming, but if it isn't ready by this tournament it will for sure be ready by the next. If it is streamed we'll make sure to post the link.

(Matoro)

Smash Champion
Trying to fix it up for some streaming, but if it isn't ready by this tournament it will for sure be ready by the next. If it is streamed we'll make sure to post the link.
Do we have to sign up for it first, or can we just come with cash?

Top Bottom