• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 2nd, Harrisburg, PA. Brawl and Melee

Damon180

Smash Ace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg@ Union Deposit Rd.
1025 Peiffers Lane, Harrisburg PA 17109 , USA
Reservations: (888) 201-1746
(717) 558-9493

There are quite a few tournaments involved in this event, here is the schedule.

$10 CALL OF DUTY FFA 9:00 am Start Time
$10 STREET FIGHTER IV TOURNAMENT 9:00 am Start Time
$25 MADDEN 09' TOURNAMENT 12 noon Start Time
$25 NBA 2K9 TOURNAMENT 1:00 pm Start Time

$25 SMASH BRAWL TOURNAMENT 12 noon Start Time
$25 SMASH MELEE TOURNAMENT 3 pm Start Time

ENTRY FEE (ONLINE) till May 1st, 2009 11:59 pm

*entry fee includes lunch buffet and dessert*
visit http://www.hbcpga.com/ for registration and additional info

Cash Based on Participation
MORE @ THE DOOR
$10.00 (spectator fee)

Here's the rule set
Both Tournaments will be Double Elimination, and players will be separated by location in the brackets.
We will be doing Singles only for this event.

Brawl
General Rules
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals and championship will be best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List
Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Melee
General Rules
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* The time limit is set to 7 minutes
* All sets are best of 3 matches, winners/losers finals and championship are best of 5
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
*In the event of time constraints 3 stocks may be used

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Stage List
Random
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter
Dream Land: Green Greens
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom II
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

i think that covers everything, let me know if i missed anything

Ishiwishi

Smash Rookie
A friend and I definitely entering, just a question.

Is it a mando-online registration, or can we just join up when we get there on the 2nd?

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
You know, you could get a considerably larger attendance number if you started posting results, and letting people know exactly how much money was won, so people can know if it's worth it. I've seen these tourneys multiple times, and each time I decide against going at the last second because I have no idea what the turnouts usually are.

Damon180

Smash Ace
You know, you could get a considerably larger attendance number if you started posting results, and letting people know exactly how much money was won, so people can know if it's worth it. I've seen these tourneys multiple times, and each time I decide against going at the last second because I have no idea what the turnouts usually are.
the amount paid out depends on the turnout. you must win a lot of tourneys to be weighing your attendance based on the prize value mr. 32 posts :). come show us what ya got, and i'll be sure to post the results. it's a fun event.

will there be singles and teams?
this is a singles only event like last time pyro. i'm thinking all brawl the next time, and adding teams. teams for brawl = fun.

Damon180

Smash Ace
i'd say @ 15-20 like last time. i've posted flyers all over the place, so odds are the majority won't be from smashboards.

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
the amount paid out depends on the turnout. you must win a lot of tourneys to be weighing your attendance based on the prize value mr. 32 posts :). come show us what ya got, and i'll be sure to post the results. it's a fun event.

Yeah this is definitely an alt. account. I'm trying to help you out by suggesting that you start posting results.

What does the amount of posts have to do with someones skill level? There are plenty of people with 300 posts who can destroy ones with 8000+

If I went to this, I'd only -maybe- lose to PS, and other people from MD/VA depending on who goes. I hope I can make it, but probably not.

Top Bottom