• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 24, 2014] What A SMASHing Time (Frankfort, KY)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Hello!

I am hosting another tournament in Frankfort, KY! It will be held on May 24th, 2014

This tournament is going to go much, much better than the last one! There are two big changes to the tournament this time. The two big changes are that BRAWL WILL NOT BE THERE. If you only play Brawl I would not come because Brawl will NOT be there. Nothing personal, it just wont be there. The other change is that Smash 64 will be there. However, this tournament is focused on Melee and Project M.

The events will be the following:

Melee - Singles & Doubles

Project M - Singles & Doubles

Smash 64 - Singles ( Smash 64 is a side event so if time is constrained then it will not happen

*** I am really thinking of Crew Battles *** But it needs to have at least 4 crews.

Schedule:

10am - Venue Opens and I will set up with others

11am - Registration starts

12pm - Registration for Melee DOUBLES and Project Melee SINGLES end.
(If you shoot me a text [502-352-3131] or tell one of the attendees you will be arriving after 12pm then I can fit you in the bracket/pools. You will pay and play when you arrive.)

12:20pm - Project Melee SINGLES Pools are finalized and will begin shortly after.

12:45pm - Melee DOUBLES bracket is finalized and will begin shortly after.

330pm - Melee SINGLES registration ends

4pm - Melee SINGLES pools begin

530pm - Project Melee DOUBLES registration ends

6pm - Project Melee DOUBLES bracket is finalized and will begin shortly after

8pm-10pm - Finish remaining bracket. 64 singles and Crew Battles will happen is time permits.

11pm - Venue is closed and everyone is gone. People to help clean before this will be appreciated.

Fees:
$10 Singles
$20 teams ($10 per person)
$5 Smash 64 singles

Payout:

Singles -
Less than 32 entrants:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

More than 32 entrants:
1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Doubles -
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

As food goes there is a Subway and Taco Johns RIGHT above the venue. There is a DQ, McDonalds, KFC, Thai Smile, and more around.

As rules go we will abide by Apex 2014 rules set.
Melee: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
Project Melee: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/
Smash 64: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/smash64/

The venue is Moonlite Comics and the space can support around 70 people "comfortably". However, we can move some stuff around and maybe accommodate more. ( I do not expect that.)

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Any chance we could get a non apex stage list for pm? I'm not a huge fan of theirs :-\
Yeah, I might make a few slight changes but most likely it will be the same just to keep everyone happy. What changes were you looking for?

Rizner

Smash Ace
Like add dracs, metal cavern, maybe remove a sky level and/or ps1, maybe let sse be a counter in singles, just more thought into it instead of the not thinking through it and arbitrarily use bottom two rows.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ill see about bring a car full or two from TN to this. Gonna add the tournament to our Facebook group as well as our Smashboards page.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
ill see about bring a car full or two from TN to this. Gonna add the tournament to our Facebook group as well as our Smashboards page.
Thanks man! I would be happy to have you all. Depending on the number of people I could probably house you all if you want. :)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
i doubt we will need housing. Frankfort isnt that far from middle TN.
Ahh, I gotcha. I was thinking Memphis or something. Well feel free though if you do need it. I would be happy to have all of you there. Do you have the fb event page link?

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a ton of fun, looking forward to it!!! So happy you're doing melee singles and doubles and not brawl, I think I'll be able to get a few friends to come with me from cincy as well

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
This sounds like a ton of fun, looking forward to it!!! So happy you're doing melee singles and doubles and not brawl, I think I'll be able to get a few friends to come with me from cincy as well
Awesome! Thanks for support! :)
Love to have anyone and everyone.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
i doubt we will need housing. Frankfort isnt that far from middle TN.
Hey, since you are coming with friends, would you all be interested in being a crew for a crew battle? I am thinking of a Crew battle tournament which is why I ask.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
more than likely that would be good. but we are mostly coming for PM if you are ok with a PM Crew battle.
Hmm... That may be able to work. I will see, its most likely going to be a melee crew battle but it depends on the crew attendance. If the Crews favor one game over the other we will go with the more popular choice.

Jehu

Smash Rookie
I might be able to scrounge a group of Bowling Greeners there to play Project M. No promises as it is two months away. :-)

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I might be able to scrounge a group of Bowling Greeners there to play Project M. No promises as it is two months away. :-)
Where were you all when I was in Bowling Green going to WKU :( Hahaha.
But I would love to have you all :)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and subscribe to this thread. It's a ways away, but I might be able to gather some interest from WV.

Edit: Any idea of the number of melee entrants? How many showed up last time?

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
I'm gonna go ahead and subscribe to this thread. It's a ways away, but I might be able to gather some interest from WV.

Edit: Any idea of the number of melee entrants? How many showed up last time?
Melee was around 50 and SS | Soft and SS | FLow were there last time.... (KILLED US ALL) Hahaha.
But I am expecting 50+. I am trying to spread this page a lot. If you could post this on your fb wall or something that would be greatly appreciated.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok done! Looks like there are a few people interested. I'll try and get a full car (4 people) going. Of course, I'll have to see what's actually happening on this date soon, but I'll confirm whenever I know for sure.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Ok done! Looks like there are a few people interested. I'll try and get a full car (4 people) going. Of course, I'll have to see what's actually happening on this date soon, but I'll confirm whenever I know for sure.

Do you know if you are coming? if so please confirm on here

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
I have been practicing intensely since May 3rd. I might come if my family is clear that day. How do you decide who gets into the crew battle?

Top Bottom