• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [May 2, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" IV Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

archer.

Smash Lord
Lol. It's ok, archer isn't winning anything here. VGBC is coming to this
I'm sure that myself, plus many others in NC, would enjoy beating up some of the MD/VA players, so bring as many of those scrubs as you want. It doesn't matter what the game in question is; you guys don't stand a chance.

Hope to see you and the others here at the next tournament. :)

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Yeah man. I personally love Brawl hahaha

I can tell lol...a lot of hype.
Oh darn :(:( hmmm, how about Mario Kart 8 (or Double Dash...or Wii). It'll be a SLAM!!! :colorful:
I'm still going to do $2-$25 money matches for any Mario Kart game though if you don't host any of them.
True that they may not have much hype...but there's always a try for anything ;)
Can I make a poll for the next Crazy 8 tournament, Xianos? :b:

Coming soon around 2016-17, I'll be hosting a Mario Kart tournament along with Super Smash Bros (probably 64, Melee, Brawl and Wii U)...but I'll let you know when I'm moving in the future or not....hopefully I will

Because people overhype Sm4sh and PM. Melee is cool though.
Xianos doesn't run these tournaments lol

TheAttitudeEra

Smash Cadet
Just played W1mo, freeee. XD

Lose to more palutena and falco.

Archer, crew battle mdva? $20 per person.

Didn't think so

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Just played W1mo, freeee. XD

Lose to more palutena and falco.

Archer, crew battle mdva? $20 per person.

Didn't think so
Haha you think you're amazing now don't you I have been playing smash for 6 months now act like the skillful player you think you are and if you really think you're good come down here

Last edited:

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
Yeah man. I personally love Brawl hahaha

I can tell lol...a lot of hype.
Oh darn :(:( hmmm, how about Mario Kart 8 (or Double Dash...or Wii). It'll be a SLAM!!! :colorful:
I'm still going to do $2-$25 money matches for any Mario Kart game though if you don't host any of them.
True that they may not have much hype...but there's always a try for anything ;)
Can I make a poll for the next Crazy 8 tournament, Xianos? :b:

Coming soon around 2016-17, I'll be hosting a Mario Kart tournament along with Super Smash Bros (probably 64, Melee, Brawl and Wii U)...but I'll let you know when I'm moving in the future or not....hopefully I will

Because people overhype Sm4sh and PM. Melee is cool though.
I'm not in charge of smashers lol, ask @ tanookigamer01 tanookigamer01

TheAttitudeEra

Smash Cadet
We should have a melee MD/VA crew battle vs NC and watch PPMD, Twitch and $Mike tear apart your squad by themselves :D
Ok

Chu dat will wobble everyone, twitch already lost to boss, and Nintendude and Redd and chillin will clean up the rest of the NC trash.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hes trash so he talks up his 'tribe' to feel superior. but that's just human nature.
bring down a 5v5 and nc can match :) yall aint **** lol

TheAttitudeEra

Smash Cadet
$20 or more per person. Literally nobody good but pp in melee.

Literally nobody good at all in wii u lmfao.

Easy money

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if thats actually logic, i 2-0 him pretty easily at final round, so thats a mighty short attention span you got there

F

FennerGuy1992

$20 or more per person. Literally nobody good but pp in melee.

Literally nobody good at all in wii u lmfao.

Easy money
ummm, if it's Mario Kart 64 or Double Dash (or any of the 8 Kart games), $20 would be VERY passable and acceptable in my case.
Any Smash tournament with a $20 matchup would be very painful because of the hype. Even I was a Smash Bros. Champ (which there's no way), I would never pay $20+ on a Smash Bros tournament...just Kart if it's that much.
I would reduce it to $5 and the max of $10. Sure it's cheap, but it's the budget on these contestants I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
ummm, if it's Mario Kart 64 or Double Dash (or any of the 8 Kart games), $20 would be VERY passable and acceptable in my case.
Any Smash tournament with a $20 matchup would be very painful because of the hype. Even I was a Smash Bros. Champ (which there's no way), I would never pay $20+ on a Smash Bros tournament...just Kart if it's that much.
I would reduce it to $5 and the max of $10. Sure it's cheap, but it's the budget on these contestants I guess.
It's called money match, where two players put down money, and the winner takes the losers.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Ok i no longer take anything you ever say again seriously, every post ive ever seen you made make no sense at all. Sorry, but this is smash boards, not mario kartboards. I love the game, but i dont think many people are going to money match you for 20$ in mario kart 64. Plus, if you cant handle the hype for a money match, dont money match at all. It literally does not matter.

Last edited:
F

FennerGuy1992

It's called money match, where two players put down money, and the winner takes the losers.
I know that, man LOL

Ok i no longer take anything you ever say again seriously, every post ive ever seen you made make no sense at all. Sorry, but this is smash boards, not mario kartboards. I love the game, but i dont think many people are going to money match you for 20$ in mario kart 64. Plus, if you cant handle the hype for a money match, dont money match at all. It literally does not matter.
oh.....kay then...MMs for me is less than $5 now hahaha
I'm a cheap scrub from Brooklyn ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
I'm sorry, but who are you lol?

:018:
I talked to Junebug about it on his stream and he said he was insterested in going to NC for a tourney... If he goes and I see him, we agreed to 10$ MM in ganon dittos. You already said you expressed interest in coming to a tourney and wanted to bring some other people iirc... am I wrong that you said this? I honestly don't remember what you said
I'm sorry, but who are you lol?

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey Locke Robster! Great to hear from you!
In regards to your question, we were hoping for a tournament to be held in the middle of July or beginning of August, however, the renovations to our new venue is taking longer than we thought! When we said we have to move things in our new venue, we didn't mean just equipment, but also walls!! We are working hard to get this new place up and running! We could possibly have it ready towards the end of July or the beginning of August still, but we will post our next tournament as soon as we know for sure! Hopefully, everyone will love it and we can get back to some great Smash competition!!!!!

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Hey Locke Robster! Great to hear from you!
In regards to your question, we were hoping for a tournament to be held in the middle of July or beginning of August, however, the renovations to our new venue is taking longer than we thought! When we said we have to move things in our new venue, we didn't mean just equipment, but also walls!! We are working hard to get this new place up and running! We could possibly have it ready towards the end of July or the beginning of August still, but we will post our next tournament as soon as we know for sure! Hopefully, everyone will love it and we can get back to some great Smash competition!!!!!
Understandable! Venue was awesome when I went and the hosts we're equally awesome, good luck guys and hope to come by and play when it's ready

F

FennerGuy1992

I refuse to be in the next one. My humble apologies:( (I'm on budget since I was working)

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Well, looks like I'm going to revive this thread again, since I haven't seen something about Matthew's Smashers in a while. It's been a month.

@ tanookigamer01 tanookigamer01 Hey, since it's early August, are the renovations almost finished? I hope you guys are planning on running a tournament soon, as I really miss this series and I eagerly wait for it to return. Oh, and just a heads up, there will be a big Mute City tournament at 49er Fight Nights on August 29th, so if you do schedule the next Matthew's Smashers, it would be a good idea to not schedule it that Saturday.

I hope to hear from you soon :)

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Well, looks like I'm going to revive this thread again, since I haven't seen something about Matthew's Smashers in a while. It's been a month.

@ tanookigamer01 tanookigamer01 Hey, since it's early August, are the renovations almost finished? I hope you guys are planning on running a tournament soon, as I really miss this series and I eagerly wait for it to return. Oh, and just a heads up, there will be a big Mute City tournament at 49er Fight Nights on August 29th, so if you do schedule the next Matthew's Smashers, it would be a good idea to not schedule it that Saturday.

I hope to hear from you soon :)
Will there be smash 4?

Top Bottom