• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 17, 2014] DIME 9 (Plano, TX)

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Welcome to the scene! Should pay friendlies with me first lol
sounds like a plan:O, I was trying to get my friend Neon to team with me for this but he has work so he'll be showing up late if he makes it at all...anyone here wanna team with a random newbie x)?

StoryTime

Smash Apprentice
Hyped as hell to go. Haven't been to a DIME since DIME 5. Been feeling real good about my game recently. The improvement is totes real doe. Can't wait to go to a tourney after two months (last one I went to was KotH1). So hyyyyped. Aggghhh.

@ Element of Smash Element of Smash gotta hit you up for some friendlies this time round. Last time we played was our pools match at DIME 5~

Disclaimer: I still suck probs won't make it out of pools lolololol

Might be down for a couple mms. Depends on how my AKon budget looks.

Goyo

Smash Rookie
^
This guy is a total scrub, take his money. It's practically free

D

Deleted member

I'm confirming right now I'll be bringing two full setups. One of my setups will be using the 13" 'Nus' CRT however, So I want to urge people to only play friendlies on it.
On my super small 'Nus' setup, I've installed 'The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack' where you can view hitboxes and play on stages such as an alternate Pokemon Stadium that replaces Mushroom Kingdom. This Pokemon Stadium has no transformations. Multiple other stages are modified too like Peach's Castle to remove bullet bills/switches and Brinstar to remove the Lava/Acid. If you really want to, Tournaments matches are fine to be played on it, but DON'T INPUT ANYTHING BUT TAUNTS ON YOUR D-PAD! This will turn on cheats such as the Hitboxes.

For warning, I'll put a note on top of the CRT and I'll probably have a printout by the SetUp to tell everyone what each input does and how to turn on/off cheats.

[collapse= Hitboxes and stuff!]

[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Im down to mm anyone who asks! Everyone loves playing against Doc right?

Last edited:

Proots

Smash Rookie
I can bring my own setup with a CRT that has RF input. It is straight from Cube to TV through an official Nintendo RF ADAPTER, not a CONVERTER which my cause lag. Is this an allowed setup?
I sure hope it is because I bought it at this store.

D

Deleted member

I can bring my own setup with a CRT that has RF input. It is straight from Cube to TV through an official Nintendo RF ADAPTER, not a CONVERTER which my cause lag. Is this an allowed setup?
I sure hope it is because I bought it at this store.
RF shouldn't lag at all, especially if you're just going from the console to the tv though the N64's old cable. That setup should be fine, so bring it. If you can, bring your other TV and your Wii if you can get DIOS MIOS lite working. That way you can have two full melee setups. If you need help setting up DIOS MIOS there are some guides on Smashboards I can link you to.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to this and I'll bring some Houston homies with me. Don't worry about housing, my grandma literally lives less than 10 minutes from the venue. Y'all ain't ready for Houston's secret boss 2003...

D

Deleted member

To better differentiate my '20XX' set, I injected custom music into my Melee ISO's .DOL. (Don't worry, It's not disruptive or annoying.) The music injected to the game lacks loop points since I don't really know how to add those in right now, but when I do I'll edit the song .HPSs. The music injected automatically loops when it reaches the end of the track. Almost every commonly played stage has modified music.

Regarding modded stages, I don't have any yet (Aside for the AR code modifications which include No lava/acid on Brinstar, No Switches or Bullet bills on Peach's Castle, No Arwings on Great Fox, No Gun on Great Fox, No blocks fall on Green Greens). No legal stages are modified in any way (This means Flyguys are still on Yoshi's and the wind is still on Dreamland). Later, I may be modding Green Greens and Fourside to be their 'SD Remix' counterparts for fun.

When you hear this song on the menu, you'll know you are at the right set:

As a reminder, this setup is not for Melee SD Remix, and is only for the Melee 20XX pack. It does not contain modified characters in any shape or form.

UNTfury

Mean Green
UNT coming out for the debut! Some good but most scrubs (for now). Down to MM any and everyone!

...any side PM friendlies going on? Have an SD

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
The music injected to the game lacks loop points since I don't really know how to add those in right now, but when I do I'll edit the song .HPSs. The music injected automatically loops when it reaches the end of the track.
I would suggest getting an older copy of Adobe Soundbooth and just editing the song to loop more smoothly. Audactiy would work too, but...don't expect a lot from it. VirtualDJ could be of some use, too. I'm assuming for all of these that you have a codec/converter already.

UNT coming out for the debut! Some good but most scrubs (for now). Down to MM any and everyone!

...any side PM friendlies going on? Have an SD
Awesome! Always good to get some young blood in the mixup! I'll probably be down to MM sometime after pools.

And Zach might be doing a PM side thing. It seems to happen every time regardless.

Last edited:

Proots

Smash Rookie
I hope someone wants to partner with a noob. I'll double with anyone, just let me know who you play so I can practice a bit.

D

Deleted member

Can we have one tournament without any PM? One of the best things about DIME is that it's melee only. There are like a billion PM tournaments out there, melee is being suffocated in this area.
Agreed. PM doesn't really belong at a Melee-Only tournament. In DFW, Melee isn't as big as PM. We average around one Melee tournament in DFW a month. The PM scene however in DFW is huge - We have PM tournaments every week!

As much as I don't want to admit it, If PM setups come in, and people go off to play PM, lots of matches will be stalled and the tournament won't finish on time. We don't need to take up a CRT that could be used for Melee. For all of you PM players that want to make excuses about not bringing a Melee setup, or not having a Melee disk, message me personally and I'll teach you how to boot Melee's ISO off your SD card. At DIME we need as many setups as possible for the tournament to run smoothly.

After the tournament, if and only if we all finish on time, you PM players can ask Waterless if he is alright with you converting a Melee setup to a PM setup. (This means you don't go ahead and convert your setup after you get knocked out or whatever)

D

Deleted member

At the end of the tourney when the setups start dying down and we've got an hour or two left, if gabe didn't get destroyed with entrants like he did at that one tourney we finished at 4 am, I'll probably set up pm or something cause oracle awestin and I will be there wanting to play friendlies.

key thing to point out from that is that we'd only set up pm if we actually could, as in we would only set it up if it wouldn't disrupt any of the melee bracket from that point onwards.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I hope someone wants to partner with a noob. I'll double with anyone, just let me know who you play so I can practice a bit.
I'm looking at doubles. I tried asking my friend but this is his first tournament and he doesn't really want to do doubles because he thinks he'll embarras . @ iiGGYxD iiGGYxD isn't replying. So we might, if you want to team with a Roy main and pocket Puff lmao.

I also agree with the lack of Project M. Should give Melee a chance to shine, and it's such a good game.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Much like all SA planning, we have put together a last minute car pool. Anyone able to house 5 for Dime? Probably looking at Friday and Saturday night.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
At the end of the tourney when the setups start dying down and we've got an hour or two left, if gabe didn't get destroyed with entrants like he did at that one tourney we finished at 4 am, I'll probably set up pm or something cause oracle awestin and I will be there wanting to play friendlies.
lulz, you mean dime 7? I was there, I didn't get knocked out of tourney until about 3 am, I guess it's cause I'm amazing or whatever. I also heard the dime 8 was SUPER organized, so continuing that theme even if dime 9 had 100 entrants, I'm pretty sure gabe would be able to finish it before the night is out.

and I'm one of those 5 that will be coming from SA. @ W WaterlessFishie the last time we played my fingers were destroyed, you down for some mid-morning rematches?

D

Deleted member

Dime 8 was a great example of what DFW can do:
silent wolf
toph
arc beating toph
arc and mojo coming out
finishing ON TIME with like 100 entrants or some ****

Therefor... for 9
I'll enter and see what happens. No promises on how I like melee but I'll try it again :(

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Youre breaking my heart Scaremonger :(

But yea totally down to mm any of your crew if you guys want!

Top Bottom