• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 17, 2014] DIME 9 (Plano, TX)

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Dehydrated Ichthyoid's Melee Extravaganza 9
Melee Singles & Doubles

When: Saturday May 17th, 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Rd, Plano TX 75075

Schedule: 10:00 am Arrive/ registration
11:00 pm Doubles begins
3:00 pm Singles begins
Schedule is tentative so feel free to contact me if you're worried about making singles or w/e; my phone number is at the bottom.

BRING SETUPS!!! THEY'RE IMPORTANT. If you can even only bring your copy of Melee, do that. The venue has a lot of cubes we can use but not that many copies of melee. If you can bring a full set up, great, but I may or may not use it.

Entry Fee: Singles: $10
Teams: $5 per player, $10 per team
Venue: $5 per person, $3 if you bring a set up that is used.

Pay Outs: TBD

Rules:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)

General:
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counterpick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
7. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
Additional Notes: A lot of kids come through the venue on a Saturday. Don't yell curse words in the store (including ****).
Show up on time. If you need to contact me cause you'll be late, my number is: 972-693-4339
Again, bring some set ups. Uhh i guess I'll edit this if I think of anything else​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't play melee but I'll come and chill (However if theres pm on this date then **** you guys IM OUT)
I'll play dubs with someone if they really want me to because ****s and giggles (NO SCOTCH/ALIAMI), just no singles

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Bro, you still owe Zhea money and I don't accept IOUs.
I'll bring Zhea his money I swear, I didn't mean to take it!
I'll have all the money in cash ready and such, you can't chicken out when you see it or you're just a big butt and I'll call your mum and tell her how big of a butt you are

Zhea

Smash Ace
All 1 sand dollar. Also this all hinges on SA getting out there. Which requires carpools. So we shall see.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
All 1 sand dollar. Also this all hinges on SA getting out there. Which requires carpools. So we shall see.
I'll just tell Nike to come watch me bop a scrubby Yoshi and he'll probably be down. If not, then I can bribe him with Buffalo wild wings

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't play melee but I'll come and chill (However if theres pm on this date then **** you guys IM OUT)
I'll play dubs with someone if they really want me to because ****s and giggles (NO SCOTCH/ALIAMI), just no singles
I love it how I immediately come into mind when you mention Doubles lol.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I'll be there to get rekt.

Thinking of picking up Peach since I suck with everyone else I play with in this game.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Ooo Dime 9. Haven't missed one since I started going... guess I should come to this too... : )

RedGamer

Smash Ace
well, megabus costs $53 round trip. so this really does hinge on a carpool, preferably nike. it would suck if I had to miss the chance to win free ice cream plus $10. *looks at hamlin*

hamyojo

Smash Ace
well, megabus costs $53 round trip. so this really does hinge on a carpool, preferably nike. it would suck if I had to miss the chance to win free ice cream plus $10. *looks at hamlin*
I can smell the fear and ice cream from here with my giant Yoshi nose

D

Deleted member

I checked the date and I should be okay going to this. It's right after AP tests so I may be tired as hell, but No Johns!
We look forward to seeing you all there.

We will be bringing along a full Melee Set-Up, and an extra CRT. I might be able to fill in for my second setup if I can find my other Gamecube.

PS - Waterless, can you bring my Friendlies/Tournament strips to the tournament? Even if we don't use them I want them back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
I swear to god, if the 214-CTSS crew battle doesn't go down at this event, I'm going to have a brain aneurysm. AP exams should be over by then, so we'll all probably be here.

Oh, and element, I definitely want a mm if you're down for it.

Last edited:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't miss this for anything! I'll do my best to make the crew battle happen as well, its been postponed too long

D

Deleted member

If I bring a setup it doesn't have to be a gamecube right? A wii will work?
Wiis are fine. Whatever can play Melee through means other than emulation will count as a setup.

Wiis are just two gamecubes in a box that looks like a Mac. :dkmelee:
(Seriously though, all Nintendo did was double the power of the Gamecube and instructed the system to shut off half the console's processing power for backwards compatibility.)

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I'm gonna try and make this:p New to the scene, been wanting to get into melee competitively for awhile now. Go ez on me guyz:3 I'll bring a copy of melee as well. Might or might not have a gc to bring.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I'm gonna try and make this:p New to the scene, been wanting to get into melee competitively for awhile now. Go ez on me guyz:3 I'll bring a copy of melee as well. Might or might not have a gc to bring.
Welcome to the scene! Should pay friendlies with me first lol

Top Bottom