• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [May 15, 2016] Test Of Might (Fort Worth, TX)

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
All Ages Are Welcomed!!!
Bring set-ups get the venue fee waived. (If we use your TV or WiiU+ Gc controller adapter then your fee is waived.)
Parking is free.
Guaranteed 2 setups.( so pls bring more)
Doubles will be cancelled if not enough teams register.( minimum 4 teams)

(friendlies during registration)

REGISTRATION TIME for singles PM and SSB4
12PM - till start of each tornament. (friendlies during registration)

Starting times
PM Doubles 2:00pm
PM Singles 2:30pm
Smash4 Doubles 3:00pm
Smash4 Singles 3:30pm

Venue fee: $5 (TV or WiiU gets waived)
Doubles: $10 (5 per person)
Singles: $5
There will be 100% payout!:156:
10 > entries winner takes all
11~15 entries 80% 1st, 20% 2nd
16~20 entries 70% 1st, 20% 2nd, 10%3rd
(prize money will be adjusted to benefit winners)

Strike order (winner of rock paper scissor is p1)
p1, p2, p1, p2 (what ever is left)
3 stock 8 minutes (double elimination bracket)
3 strikes for counterpick.
Sets are best of 3
Winners/Losers/Grand Finales are3/5

All controllers are allowed except for the "WiiU Game Pad" This means Any kind of controller that has been modded solely for the purpose of making it compatible with wii u Is allowed to be used.

SSB4 Rules set
  • Items are turned to off and none.
  • Pause is disabled.*
  • Stalling is banned.
  • If time runs out, the winner is determined by remaining stock, and then by ending damage percentage.
    • If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
*This rule isn't strictly enforced, and as such, a rule regarding accidental pausing is enacted.

Doubles rules
  • 3 stocks.
  • 8 minutes.
  • Team attack is on.
  • Sharing stocks is allowed.
  • If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of the players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%.)
--Starters--
Final Destination/ Omega Stages
Battlefield/ Mii Verse
SmashVille
Town and City

--Counter stages--
Delfino Plaza
Dreamland 64
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt

** If final destination is banned that also includes Omega Stages. Includes if battle field is banned miiverse is also. **

PM will not be held on the 23rd/24th of each month

PM Rule Set.

-
Items are off.

-4 stocks, 8 minute timer.

-Team attack is on in doubles.

-Taking a partner's stock is allowed in doubles.

-Pause is OFF.

-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set.

-Coaching is allowed between games, but not during active gameplay.

-Anyone deliberately coaching during an ongoing match or disrupting active gameplay will be asked to leave the area. Repeat offenses will lead to dismissal from the venue.

-Stalling is banned. This is up to the TO's discretion.

-Players may ban 2 stages per set. The stage ban may come at any time between any game.

-The stage for the first game is determined through Stage Striking. Stage Stricking is described below:
1 - Player 1 eliminates a stage from the starters
2 - Player 2 eliminates two stages from the starter
3 - Player 1 eliminates a stage from the starters
4 - The last stage remaining will be chosen for the first game.

- Striking order is determined by rock paper scissors

-Players may agree to play on any stage outside of the list provided above.

Stage List:

Starter Stages:

Green Hill Zone
Bowser's Castle (Alt)
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:

Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland

Any Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Issues Major or Minor That Me As Good Friend Will Help You Solve Please Ask.

Contact info:
Email:

martin.pompa049@gmail.com
Phone:
(682) 717 8705

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/MightyKing777

offset

Smash Rookie
Finally something in Fort Worth, I'll be there, I'll see if I can convince some people to come as well! You have any other way of reaching you?

Etga Aly

Smash Rookie
Estimated turnout? And if I bring my GC Adapter it's a waived fee? (I can read, just confirming ^^)

Last edited:

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
Anyone that needs to contact me for any questions or info about this event please message me or text me at (682)717-8705.
This is a weekly so I hope to see you all at this event. :D

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i'll likely be attending this tournament regularly. it's the closest scene i can find, and it's still relatively close to where i work (i work overnights, but sundays i work at midnight so it should still be fine)

KrakatoaPower

Smash Rookie
All Ages Are Welcomed!!!
Bring set-ups get the venue fee waived. (If we use your TV or WiiU+ Gc controller adapter then your fee is waived.)
Parking is free.
Guaranteed 2 setups.( so pls bring more)
Doubles will be cancelled if not enough teams register.( minimum 4 teams)

(friendlies during registration)

REGISTRATION TIME for singles PM and SSB4
12PM - till start of each tornament. (friendlies during registration)

Starting times
PM Doubles 2:00pm
PM Singles 2:30pm
Smash4 Doubles 3:00pm
Smash4 Singles 3:30pm

Venue fee: $5 (TV or WiiU gets waived)
Doubles: $10 (5 per person)
Singles: $5
There will be 100% payout!:156:
10 > entries winner takes all
11~15 entries 80% 1st, 20% 2nd
16~20 entries 70% 1st, 20% 2nd, 10%3rd
(prize money will be adjusted to benefit winners)

Strike order (winner of rock paper scissor is p1)
p1, p2, p1, p2 (what ever is left)
3 stock 8 minutes (double elimination bracket)
3 strikes for counterpick.
Sets are best of 3
Winners/Losers/Grand Finales are3/5

All controllers are allowed except for the "WiiU Game Pad" This means Any kind of controller that has been modded solely for the purpose of making it compatible with wii u Is allowed to be used.

SSB4 Rules set
  • Items are turned to off and none.
  • Pause is disabled.*
  • Stalling is banned.
  • If time runs out, the winner is determined by remaining stock, and then by ending damage percentage.
    • If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
*This rule isn't strictly enforced, and as such, a rule regarding accidental pausing is enacted.

Doubles rules
  • 3 stocks.
  • 8 minutes.
  • Team attack is on.
  • Sharing stocks is allowed.
  • If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of the players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%.)
--Starters--
Final Destination/ Omega Stages
Battlefield/ Mii Verse
SmashVille
Town and City

--Counter stages--
Delfino Plaza
Dreamland 64
Castle Siege
Duck Hunt

** If final destination is banned that also includes Omega Stages. Includes if battle field is banned miiverse is also. **

PM will not be held on the 23rd/24th of each month

PM Rule Set.

-
Items are off.

-4 stocks, 8 minute timer.

-Team attack is on in doubles.

-Taking a partner's stock is allowed in doubles.

-Pause is OFF.

-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set.

-Coaching is allowed between games, but not during active gameplay.

-Anyone deliberately coaching during an ongoing match or disrupting active gameplay will be asked to leave the area. Repeat offenses will lead to dismissal from the venue.

-Stalling is banned. This is up to the TO's discretion.

-Players may ban 2 stages per set. The stage ban may come at any time between any game.

-The stage for the first game is determined through Stage Striking. Stage Stricking is described below:
1 - Player 1 eliminates a stage from the starters
2 - Player 2 eliminates two stages from the starter
3 - Player 1 eliminates a stage from the starters
4 - The last stage remaining will be chosen for the first game.

- Striking order is determined by rock paper scissors

-Players may agree to play on any stage outside of the list provided above.

Stage List:

Starter Stages:

Green Hill Zone
Bowser's Castle (Alt)
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2

Counterpicks:

Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland

Any Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Issues Major or Minor That Me As Good Friend Will Help You Solve Please Ask.

Contact info:
Email:

martin.pompa049@gmail.com
Phone:
(682) 717 8705

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/MightyKing777

Might go to the tourney how many people expected? Also why can't it be 2 stocks?

Last edited:

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
Estimated turnout? And if I bring my GC Adapter it's a waived fee? (I can read, just confirming ^^)
Just for more convenience a TV or WiiU+Gc adapter will waive the fee. Don't have to bring a complete set up if you feel like it's a hassle. Hopefully someone else will bring the other half so both of contributing parties can get the fee waived. :D

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
For January 32, 2016 if you say " this is my friend" then your friends venue fee is waived!
I hope to see you guys their

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
Heyo! I could probably start showing up to these! What has the turnout been so far? And I could bring an adapter if you need one.

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
Ill be there soon, im gone at the moment and will be gone next week, but after that I should be a regular ;)

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
We won't have Bayoneta or Corrin this Test of might but will be here next test of might :)

CaptainRuigi

Smash Rookie
So i may want to attaend this, but how good are the people that go? I mean, I placed in the top 20% at the last tournament I went to, but we were all, like, not super good. Not Xanadu or anything. Just wondering.

Nairdathing

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nairdathing
how does registering work? do we have to be there in person? or can I just tell you how many people I'm bringing?

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
So i may want to attaend this, but how good are the people that go? I mean, I placed in the top 20% at the last tournament I went to, but we were all, like, not super good. Not Xanadu or anything. Just wondering.
It's a mix pool some good, some bad, and some in-between. I think we have a good amount of people that can play well, but not at the point of being pro just yet.

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
how does registering work? do we have to be there in person? or can I just tell you how many people I'm bringing?
Sorry I got to this late. In person will be great. If you would like to give me a heads up on how many you are bringing that's also fine.

Sharq

Smash Rookie
Hey do you have a Facebook page for the tourny group or anything?? Just saying, from a stranger's point of view, no pictures of events and no website and stuff, the tourny looks a little sketch.

RespectThePixel

Smash Rookie
NNID
RespectThePixel0
Yo, me and a couple friends are gonna try and make it there tomorrow. I might bring a Wii U and GC Adapter, but my Gamepad doesn't work (I use Classic Controller, so I can just use that for the home menu).

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
I will be editing the stage list and how payout will work. Also challonge link for preregistration and bracket info will be posted as well.

SaberLilly

Smash Cadet
NNID
TwlightScholar
Perhaps I will come as well. I can supply a TV, however I am unsure if I will be awake by this time.. I'll try to sleep earlier. I can bring a 16" TV and a 24" I believe. I'd like to keep them close to one another, if you don't mind it. They're all I have, you see.

MightyKing

Smash Cadet
NNID
MightyP
3DS FC
0662-7196-6462
Perhaps I will come as well. I can supply a TV, however I am unsure if I will be awake by this time.. I'll try to sleep earlier. I can bring a 16" TV and a 24" I believe. I'd like to keep them close to one another, if you don't mind it. They're all I have, you see.
I will have no problem with that and i will make sure you will be able to set them up anywhere you see fit if you decide to show.

Top Bottom