• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [May 14, 2015] Smashing Grounds Weekly! (PM + Melee at Game Underground... (Framingham, MA)

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'll gladly play a bunch of friendlies with you next thursday if youre there, we need to find you a main lol
Yeah, I'm planning on going this week. My main goal, aside from the obvious "doing as well as I can in tournament" was to both find a main and to play as many friendlies as possible, so I'd be 100% down with that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm really interested in trying a doubles tourney at least once, although it hasn't happened at SG yet and I won't be able to attend the monthly next week. That's why I'm hoping that one week if we end early enough we can do doubles instead of a crew battle.

iMeoWi

Smash Rookie
Are these just every time you come you pay at entry? Also would you recommend this for a first time thing? Cause i want to try an event, but haven't done any before. Would really like to see how i can compare to some better players who also know advanced techniques rather than just stomping people who rarely play the game

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Are these just every time you come you pay at entry? Also would you recommend this for a first time thing? Cause i want to try an event, but haven't done any before. Would really like to see how i can compare to some better players who also know advanced techniques rather than just stomping people who rarely play the game
It's a great first time thing, most don't do exceptionally well their first time but I've seen vast improvements by players in just a few weeks, and most of their improvement came purely from smashing grounds. Give it a shot

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey, this is kind of out of the blue (and very unlikely), but does anyone who comes here happen to have a copy of Pokemon HeartGold that you'd be willing to part with? If you name a price I'd be incredibly interested in picking it up from you.

Strawhat Jiggs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Evolzar89
Hey, this is kind of out of the blue (and very unlikely), but does anyone who comes here happen to have a copy of Pokemon HeartGold that you'd be willing to part with? If you name a price I'd be incredibly interested in picking it up from you.
no but I have a poké walker that id part with lol its very advanced technology.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Anyone that enters Street Fighter or Melee at PCX May 24-25 will be allowed one FREE ENTRY to a weekly Fight Night or Smash Night at GU.

Also, there will be a $50 BONUS to EACH player in the top 3 of our following monthly tournament who played in the PCX bracket.

Venue Fee is only $10 with the code GUTS5 for 1 day or $20 for 2 days if you buy your ticket before May 15th!

https://www.facebook.com/events/359547940853542

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You guys want to get some early practice for Smash 4? Bring your 3DS, we're playing Kirby Fighters.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
We normally get 20-30 entrants melee weekly, and about 50+ entrants PM.
Awesome. I'm hoping in the next couple of months I can start coming...
Close weekly events? ♪Heaven...I'm in heaven♪

Kyle!!

Smash Rookie
If I manage to make it to this any chance I could borrow someones controller? All mine are at my friends dorm at BU and I only got 3rd party controllers at my house.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
If I manage to make it to this any chance I could borrow someones controller? All mine are at my friends dorm at BU and I only got 3rd party controllers at my house.
I can lend you an extra.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If anyone is coming in from the south, I need a ride this week. I live in Millis. PM me for details.

Edit: I should be fine now.

Last edited:

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Going to come out to this tonight for Melee, maybe I'll give PM a shot too. I'm awful, so I need as many matches as I can stand :D

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah about 70 other people lol
Good guess, but you ended up being a little short.

@ The_NZA The_NZA if you're reading this please post the Season 3 map pack here (when it's ready) because there are still plenty of people who don't use the Facebook page and we need this thread to have up to date info for new people reading it.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Good guess, but you ended up being a little short.

@ The_NZA The_NZA if you're reading this please post the Season 3 map pack here (when it's ready) because there are still plenty of people who don't use the Facebook page and we need this thread to have up to date info for new people reading it.
I know right? 90 entrants... thats just madness

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
I went to the tournament for the first time yesterday and it was pretty much everything I wanted. I do have a question though- what is the etiquette for friendlies? I got up to give someone behind me a turn (I noticed that they probably wanted a match), but then I wasn't able to get another friendly until a full hour later (this was before the tournament started too). If you're playing a friendly are you not supposed to get up unless someone asks you for a turn? I don't want to be rude but it's difficult to get better if I barely play any matches each tournament. I'm quite new to tournaments (that was my first one) so I don't know how the whole friendlies system really goes. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I just want to step up my game, which is impossible without facing more human opponents.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
People usually play friendlies for a while. Just randomly ask people playing for friendlies and they will usually ask for one more game with their opponent and then let you play.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
People usually play friendlies for a while. Just randomly ask people playing for friendlies and they will usually ask for one more game with their opponent and then let you play.
Sounds reasonable- I just felt awkward doing that but it makes perfect sense. Alrighty, thanks!

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Me and my friends should be coming this week. Looking forward to getting whipped in PM. Also if I just pay the 5$ can I play friendlies or do I have to get smacked in singles too?

Honestly I think I'll do singles too and hope begginers luck is with me lol

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
$5 for the venue to be able to go there and play as much as you want. It's another $3 for the singles bracket.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
I'd still suggest entering singles though- I entered for my first time 2 weeks ago and did not regret it at all. If it's really busy then starting at the beginning of the tournament until partway through there may not even be room for friendlies. Last week had 105 entrants so it's not really something that was possible. If you want to guarantee friendlies I'd suggest being there before 7:30 and/or after 9:00ish.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Meh. Ended up not coming today. Work throughout the week got my hopes up on being able to actually enter the tournament instead of just doing Friendlies, only to dissapoint on the one day I really needed to get off early. Too bummed to make the weekly drive for friendlies.

Still though, keep up the good work. Always a pleasure when I am there.

Top Bottom