• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mature Religious Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool to love Jesus. OK. I don't really see a problem in that.
I think we are straying from the main topic(s) in here.
Why is jesus always depicted as a hippie-looking white guy?

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Crono:
<strong>Why is jesus always depicted as a hippie-looking white guy?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Probably because no one knows exactly what He looks like. But, we can know that there's a good chance He would have that Jewish look, so Jesus was a Jew. And the color too. We can see that in Israel, some Israelis are tan, and Jesus was born in Israel.
He might've had a beard, since I heard someone say before that Jews back then mostly had beards. Not sure, but I heard this.
Long hair, I don't know. Maybe, maybe not, but probably not. We'de have to look up how Jews' had their hair back then (Beards, hair on the head, etc.).

Not sure about His looks, of course. That's something we'de have to guess on.

Why He's white, I don't know. Jesus has done a lot of traveling in His life.

Cya. Have a good night :)

Bowls'A'Plenty61

Smash Cadet
Bee-
haha yeah HF is a, shall we say, dumb ****. i wonder what his life is like, especially obsessing over a game that his 5 year old relative can beat him at. Sorry if i implied he needed help looking like a dumba$$. Merry christmas in 13 mins everyone!

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think this topic has died, to put it bluntly.

And now for my final thought:
If we want to achieve true peace, religious differences must be cast aside. Now I want you all to go out and find some books on all the religions and inform yourselves of them. That is why conflicts manifest form religion: ignorance. Even to my fellow atheists/agnostics and me: show some respect for our views, and we'll show respect for yours. So take care of yourselves and each other. Goodbye everybody.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
N00b, shut up. I was asking a mod, not you. Don't be a smart***.

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Crono ]</p>

Mario27

Smash Lord
yeah people have gotten off topic. you should pm a mod with a title that will catch their eye. and then they will notice that this topic is getting off subject and they will close it.

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
You know, all you people really piss me off sometimes. Yes, you, Crono. And while I'm at it, you too, Mario27, because it seems like you are one of the top offenders in the "Act superior to the new people" crowd.

I am really getting sick of all you people going around trying to show how cool you are by calling other people newbies. LZ was just making a remark. A funny one, IMO. Stop judging people by how long they've been here. Heck, look at X, he's been here over a year and has thousands of posts, and he's a moron! :p X.
Seriously, stop it already. I know you want to look cool but it's counterproductive.

Pull the rod out of your *** , and stop complaining.
By the way, only admins (Gideon, Treget, KK) can close topics in all rooms. The rest of us only mod specific domains. Gid is essentially the guy to go to when you need a closing. Except you don't, just stop replying to the topic and let it die a natural death.

-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom