• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup help

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I noticed there wasnt a matchup discussion thread. dunno why not? Anyway. I decided to use Zelda cuz I hate all the top tier and most high tier. So i need some specifics against Cfalcon and Marth.

ipownoobz

Smash Rookie
dont grab ( wayyyyyyyy too slow), aerial lots, learn excellent spacing, f-tilt ftw ..... not much u can do... truthfully, she kinda suks, but she's fun to play...

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
i dont think marth is that hard to beat with zelda. whenever you recover go for the platforms if you can cause marth has no aerial kill move. practice lenghty wavedashes and erratic ground movement to force awkward spacing on marth and punish his mistakes with a kick.

cfalcon is harder but you can still do it

TheLake

Smash Master
Hiya cosmo! :D

Hey there isnt much of a matchup thread around here....

Hmm *stroks non existant beard* someone otta do somthing about that....

Any hoot marths fun...Get hit alot and then DI away from the predictable killl moves....kick out of shield/dash attack is super effective in the match up...yadayada

Captain falcon <3 tough but fun...retreat kicks/spot dodge upsmash spam/ CC down smash

I can like go into detail just IM somtime or whatever

D

Deleted member

wait for falcon to nair, then dash attack it. that's a good start.

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
I find that i can generally hold my own an a stage with platforms like Yoshi's story stage. i dunno what it is, but i can land sweet spotted forward airs and back airs much easier. Marth can be beaten when he's in the air, the trouble is getting him there :/

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
Marth...

grab to kicks
dash attack to grab from 0-10'ish% but DI dependant
dodge dsmash when he goes for a grab
be patient and wait for mistakes you can't approach him well
don't get grabbed
kick OoS is awesome
if he doesn't know the matchup and is fairing constantly, use kicks. They outrange his fair.
mix up your recovery
he'll try to shieldgrab the lag from your kicks so watch out for this
bait a lot with your spacing
dash attack a lot

TheLake

Smash Master
Chival took it like a champ (;

Pssh get grabbed by marth

let him have his control

let him get his scrubby hands so you can show him hes not ready to handle a woman yet

then kick him alot

and HOLLD THAT LEDGE!

Top Bottom