• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Ups?

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
when it comes to playing doc what is your favortite character to play against. i love a good top tier challenge like shiek or marth to work the dthrow but still get punished if i mess up my doc skills

VGmasta

Smash Lord
hey marth is my favorite too :bee: i also love playing bad falcos cuz they DI into stuff that shouldnt work :smash:
What kind of Marth players are y'all fighting against?!
Doc eats bad Falcos :laugh:.
I think Falcon is one of my favorite matchups. Although the matchup is in Falcon's favor, I still find it fun to get inside a Capt. Falcon's head during the match.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Samus. Why I don't know, but ***** I was caping alot xD Because of that he was charging alot xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. Although once I tried edgeguarding with bair but that might backfire because of samus's bombs xD *bairs, and kills samus but bomb blows up in your face and you can't get back to edge* xD

mallu000

Smash Cadet
I dont have any specific favorites but Marth is fun beacause you really have to be careful and actually think what you're doing. At first playing against a decent or good marth is so annoying but when you get the idea it's more of a challenge then gayness.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
yea marth is so fun to play i love to work the d throw on a good marth with pills

dcm doc counters marth!!!!! haha

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
marths are fun, when : they are nooby, or, they are somewhat good and you beat them (WHEN you DO beat them)

You always trade hits with marth, I dunno why xD

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say I dunno how much I'm feeling all you "I like playing Samus" characters. I dunno if I just run into alot of sick Samuses where I play, but all of my matches end up being exactly according to the matchup descriptions; a pokefest-waiting-game. A war of attrition. Matches have insane brawl times and my brain hurts after they finish, win or lose.

....In that respect, I'll say I like a good Doc v. Samus like I like a good game of chess or taking the GRE's. Fun challenge for your brain, but afterwards you need to get drunk or watch a Jason Statham movie.

I think I have to agree with my doc role model Mr. Eighteen on this one; marth, for whatever reason, is super fun to play against (maybe I just run up against too many, so its familiar like Momma's cooking), and again, bad falcos are sweet because you can just RUIN them.

My all time favorite on this one, though, is still fox. I think its the almost 50-50 nature of the matchup, or maybe because I run up against fox enough to know him WAY too well, but I find something about it thrilling. It's like goldilox' porridge, man. Not too easy, not too hard (Omg shiek/Cfalc/IC's **** me ><), but juuuuuust right. Fox can shinespike, Doc can moneyshot/cape, we've all got our ****** combos we can pull on each other, and it makes for sick matches.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is exactly why I like a Samus match. Its like, we are sort of even, so we both have a chance. We both must work hard to defeat the other. Its fun with one thats on your level.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Aight I agree with you there. Peach scares the f*ck out of me. One wrong move and its allllllll over.

With samus, for the most part, if you can get rid of her crouch-cancel, she's just as helpless as you are.

Top Bottom