• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up : Vs. Zelda

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Well, i gotta say, i hate playing against Zelda since Brawl, and this game is no exception:

1. I've seeing this combo of dtilt, jab and dash/grab, so i don't recommend much close combat at low percents
  2. Her Fwd & UpSmashes are powerful and are multihit, so keep shieding until the animation is over, you will be very annoyed if that last hit kills you, As for DSmash, her quickest smash, you should be careful about your approaches.
  3. That diamond thing (nayru i dont know) is annoying, repels eggs, and even your dashgrabs, i would say to keep yourself from rushing or spamming eggs against her.
  4. That teleport is by far the thing i most hate about this character, it makes Zelda the definition of a Hit'N Run character, it doesn't help that it has huge knockback and is hard to read., keep yourself from ground eggs or anything that has long endlag.
  5. After Zelda launches you, she will start using Something's Fire to kill you easily, Yoshi needs to be VERY careful about how he will recover, because a failed air-dodge or just recovering like was nothing can be your sentence.
  6. The armor stuff isn't that scary if you know how to punish either Zelda or just keep space between her.
  7. As for her aerials, just think you're fighting Captain Falcon but with every xair as a knee, you know what i'm talking about.
  8. When she's going for grabs, watch-out just for bthrow, dthrow is for that nair/uair combo, but is DIable, other than that, i don't see her grabbing that much.
My recommendations are, keep spacing, don't spam eggs that much, don't go thar much for the air (Zelda's Kicks, and Uair are strong enough to kill you at like 70%+) and nair is your best friend, there's spammy teleport players, so keep shielding normally and punish them for that, there's also the fireball spam, but like i said, is only dangerous on off-stage.
Grabbing isn't good here, the lag really makes a hard time for Yoshi, and the diamond only makes it worse when dash grabbing.
The main trick here is baiting & shielding, go for dashes then shield so she either dodges or defends, and go for the grab (i recomend pummeling then after the grab release go for jabs or dash attack depending if she was launched or released near you) get good at shielding ground fireballs & teleports (if she's running away, dont go for dash stuff, the diamond will eat you alive) and keep your kill moves when it's necessary (she's lightweight, so a good grounded bomb or upsmash should destroy her).

Like most threads, i surely appreciate some help in this match-up also, so bring your best hints about dealing with this bit..tery character.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Top Bottom