• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Export #16: Samus| Complete.....almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I say both camp very well.....but I have a slightly better time against Samus if I don`t camp.

The ONLY thing I find Samus`s keep intercepting me with is Z-air and Up-B OOS. Z-air is tricky but all we really have to do is strike RIGHT AFTER a Z-air. The moment Samus Z-air`s, I find myself dashing with a short hop N-air.....(or full hop).
As for Up-B OOS......if Samus misses or you predict it......Samus should get damaged or comboed.

What I like about this match-up is that ALL of Samus`s kill moves and smash attacks have enough lag for Fox to accually DASH U-smash afterwards (whether we shield or not)..... except maybe F-smash, we may just U-Smash OOS since it has barely any range. Also, Fox has THE (or one of THE) best momentum cancel in the game......so a good Fox can TANK pretty well (even for a light/mid weight). and for this, Samus has trouble. Samus has fairly poor momentum cancel so yes......if I see a Samus at 100% I will U-Smash you...... if your at 120%, you will die regardless of DI or not.....(might depend on stage though)

I honestly think this match-up IS 60-40 (allmost 55-45 though) for Fox.

I fight at close range against Samus, since long range MAY get those unpredictable missles on you and mid range has that anoying Z-air...... and I will never.....NEVER attempt to go off the edge against Samus. Samus is one of those characters that I will stay on stage and punish from there...REGARDLESS OF %.

^This has been mentioned, and everytime this MU comes up, it just screams 55-45 x.x.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
how about some stages.....I`m not sure here... should we bring samus to a place with lots of platforms or not. I tend to find Samus do a bit of a better job on stages like FD. (it feels like NOTHING intercepts Samus`s projectiles) FD is AWESOME for Fox too....however, BF may be just as good or better depending on who I`m facing.

I think Casle Siege might be a VERY good CP thanks the the 2nd stage transformation (we won`t be gimped with D-air and the statues will be much more of a hasle for Samus.) The 1st transformation has a couple of platforms and the 3rd transformation is just like a smaller FD that tilts a bit (the stage tilting might accually help us at times so it`s not so bad.)

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
What do people think 60-40 or 50-50?

2 for 60-40

2 for 55-45

1 for 50-50
60:40 fox

fox shouldn't be getting hit that often in this match up Samus has to much start up on her moves. Fox does not need to camp samus she has no CQC game so fox can just have his way with her. Punish OOS up B with full charge smash attacks make her pay

Robfox

Smash Lord
Fox doesn't have many if any advantages over Samus. On the other hand Samus has **** good spacing and camp game but all are punishable.
Neither overlap each other in.....almost anything. This MU should be 50:50.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Fox doesn't have many if any advantages over Samus. On the other hand Samus has **** good spacing and camp game but all are punishable.
Neither overlap each other in.....almost anything. This MU should be 50:50.
Samus is insanely slow when it comes to CQC he fastest move is her jab which is not that good where fox has jab, shine, dair, nair, bair, frame 3 utilt list goes on. fox I believe has a better camp game as well but in this match up he doesn't need it since his CQC is better. The reason fox has the better camp game is because he has a reflector along with lagless lazers.

60-40

samus doesn't go even with fox

Robfox

Smash Lord
You seriously think Fox camp > Samus camp?
Even though our camp is faster and more slick doesn't mean Samus' is any worse. Especially since she has three different projectiles. I dare U try 2 reflect her side B I bet Zair will destroy that lol. Have you actually seen the length of Zair? If im right itZ the longest Zair out of the 3. And OoS up B does massive combo collapse to us. Drill combo hardly work on her because of that.
As 4 CQC ur right Fox doesn't have many enemies in CQC anyway but Samus players dont use alot of CQC......or smashes to get kills besides Fsmash from wat i've seen. That's wat d-tilt is 4 lol
but overall lookin over the data again I would now say 55:45 Fox. Samus has those options listed above but becomes predictable and punishable EASY.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
You seriously think Fox camp > Samus camp?
Even though our camp is faster and more slick doesn't mean Samus' is any worse. Especially since she has three different projectiles. I dare U try 2 reflect her side B I bet Zair will destroy that lol. Have you actually seen the length of Zair? If im right itZ the longest Zair out of the 3. And OoS up B does massive combo collapse to us. Drill combo hardly work on her because of that.
As 4 CQC ur right Fox doesn't have many enemies in CQC anyway but Samus players dont use alot of CQC......or smashes to get kills besides Fsmash from wat i've seen. That's wat d-tilt is 4 lol
but overall lookin over the data again I would now say 55:45 Fox. Samus has those options listed above but becomes predictable and punishable EASY.
If you include that her projectiles are insanely easy to prefect shield couple with fox having a very fast jump he should be able to jump and laser circles around samus. Which is why I believe fox has the better camp game he maintains his great speed and mobility where samus just has floaty short hops which can be punished by usmash

EDIT: I just believe that if foxed played in maximum camp mode he will win and if he goes hella arrgo he will win which is why i think it is 60-40 not to mention samus has no kill options

We've already gone over this MU about 20 times now. It's 55-45, Fox's favor. The only reason I have yet to lock this is because Iblis is being lazy and won't add the writeup to the OP.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
We've already gone over this MU about 20 times now. It's 55-45, Fox's favor. The only reason I have yet to lock this is because Iblis is being lazy and won't add the writeup to the OP.
Dude its not 5545 its 6040, samus can't even kill fox.... our dmg output it higher and we camp better

Dude its not 5545 its 6040, samus can't even kill fox.... our dmg output it higher and we camp better
You have never played a good Samus, please be quiet.

You're not helping with the discussion at all and are literally being a borderline troll. I'll be locking this until Iblis agrees to update the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom