• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Export #12: King Dedede | Complete!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I don't think it's like 7/3 bad I think it's 6/4.

But i disregard the long living because we could combo you till a DDD death precent fast.
do you mean 6:4 ddd or fox?

Your forgetting we can still DI

everybody at VC7 was telling me fox beats DDD badly though, TOTALLY don't think that's true
they're dumb then. Fox, for as much speed and combo ability that i love, is literally a feather weight. He'll get launched pretty far from a fresh attack.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
For Fox. Well what I believe....
King DDD should at most will be dying at 150 from a fresh Usmash with DI.

But we always be tacking on damage when you try to recover it like so easy to take adv. of, not saying we will gimp you for a kill though.

Hanzhou

Smash Journeyman
No one to play smash with South Jersey -Keith Kush
LOL if Fox counters d3 then he counters marth too..... but no really this can't be that bad of a counter. AT LEAST 55-45 fox or even. I'd say kill ratio is even. Both fox and d3 will be living a long time. Fox may die kinda low from dthrow to uptilt/dsmash/downthrow techchase

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I don't believe any knowledgeable Fox/DDD player believes this is a counter in any direction. 6/4 Fox's adv at best, although I would personally put it down at 50/50. 55/45 Fox's adv if you really want to sway that way, although imo it's not that big of a difference.

This MU is simple to play, no projectiles to dance around, no guaranteed CG to worry about, no combos to avoid, etc... not saying you should go into this expecting to win, because you shouldn't, just play patiently and look for openings and you'll be playing the MU correctly. It may sound oversimplified, but remember, you get outspaced, and when you get hit you, get hit hard.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
6/4 isn't a counter it's an advantage, Hanzhou..... 7/3 is counter. Also no. What does Fox having an adv over DDD have to do with anything with Marth? I still think Marth is 6/4 Marth.

DDD can't CG us, Marth can. DDD can't spike us out of a grab, Marth can. Marth's moveset is faster than DDD's. DDD can't C-C-C-Combo Break us, Marth.

See this how bad of a comparision you are making. So please stop.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
How Do We Judge Ratios?

To assign ratios, one must know what each ratio mean.

50:50 - Neutral/Even. Both characters have an equal amount of advantages and disadvantages against each other. The degrees of punishment and tactical efficiency are accurately similar on both sides.

60:40 - Advantage/Disadvantage. One character has something over the other character that puts him/her in a bad position, be it long range, fast speed, high juggle ability, etc. While the lesser character can get around it, it'll often be a nuisance to get around.

70:30 - Heavy Advantage/Disadvantage. The winning character capitalizes on the losing character quite hard. Usually in these cases, it's the winning character has a strength, that directly goes against the character's weakness. For instance X Character is fast and has long range, while Y character is slow and has short range.

80:20 - Extreme Advantage/Disadvantage. Winning Character has something so huge over the losing character that it over-centralizes the match-up(DDD vs DK comes to mind). This starts to enter the realm of unwinnable, though not quite there.

I won't go any higher/lower than that. I also didn't do anything in-between because it's far too specific to go into, though that doesn't mean the ratios can't be used. It mainly pertains to varying degrees when looking at advantages/disadvantages.

When that understood, the rest is easy(not really). Compare and Contrast all advantages and disadvantages of each character, and see which character has the better advantage.

TL;DR: 60/40 is adv. not a counter.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
i think this match up is 60/40 fox's favour. the only thing fox has to worry about is uptilt and grab, ddd will always have to approach.

Top Bottom