• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massive Amounts of Little Macs in 1v1 For Glory

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
If you're playing an aggressive Mac, they're just pretty bad.

A smart Mac will bait YOU.
I certainly hope I can face a good Mac then, because every Mac so far has tried baiting as well and it usually ends with them flying off of the stage.

I'm not saying I'm good by any means, but so far every Mac seems to be bad if that's the case.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Atleast 70%of my battles have been with little mac. I main megaman and try and keep my distance and spam all I can aganst him. Over 90% of Games aganst little mac I've won and I have a friend who mains little mac. He's really good and adgressive as hell.

But I found 2 100% counters to little mac.

:4dedede:: just stand on the edge of the stage and suck them up turn around and let them go. Then throw a :204: at them and they should be as good as dead 3ven if they counter it they won't have time to recover.

:4yoshi:: around 40% u egg them on the edge of the stage and they are as good as dead.

I'm sure they are other counters that work 100% of the time but I don't know them if little mac had a projectile then things would be different.

Last edited:

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I've run into a bunch of LMs, but they've all been complete trash so far. It seems like Bowser and Little Mac are the first pick for bad players, because they've heard they're OP.

Oh well. At least I'm learning what can and can't work as a combo against them. (b-throw little mac into walk off f-air with Ike = win)
I actually think bad players that use Bowser are the easiest because of how easiest he is to hit.

For Fun is similarly filled with Little Mac. In what little time I spent playing, most of my matches involved him. Side Special self-destructs were frequent, on the bright side!

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
For Fun is similarly filled with Little Mac. In what little time I spent playing, most of my matches involved him. Side Special self-destructs were frequent, on the bright side!
I'm not saying it's noobish to play lil' mac, but the majority that do play him online are indeed noobish.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
You can easily tell if the mac player is actually a good player and not just a piece of crap trying to play the OP hero and win. 9/10 of the time theyre morons, and fall to the oh so easy shield-grab-backthrow-hitonce-laugh tactic. Killed a few macs in less than 40seconds just by waiting for them to dash at me blindly, shield, grab, throw, smack midair, laugh as they die.

Then you face that one mac that knows wtf he/she is doing. THAT is brutal. I have been combo'd clear from 0% to DEAD before i could even do anything because they faked me out and i was left wide open.

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
I keep running into them. They really annoy me. Some of these guys also do that charge attack but that just makes them vulnerable.

Little Pac

Smash Rookie
I've honestly hardly seen Little Mac's as much as you guys. He's popular when I play, but I see a fair amount of Dedede, Lucina, Marth, Falcon, and Yoshi players more then Mac.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I've honestly hardly seen Little Mac's as much as you guys. He's popular when I play, but I see a fair amount of Dedede, Lucina, Marth, Falcon, and Yoshi players more then Mac.
I agree with this. I don't find Mac to be especially more prevalent online than anyone else. I feel like I see more people playing Mega Man and, I dunno, ZSS?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I like to use him partly because he is used so often already. My Little Mac is really good and sometimes when I use KO Punch I feel like shouting "NOW MAC !!!!" Like in his trailer.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I agree with this. I don't find Mac to be especially more prevalent online than anyone else. I feel like I see more people playing Mega Man and, I dunno, ZSS?
Really? I hardly ever see Mega Man, but it's mostly Little Mac, Villager, CF, and Marthcina, at least for me.

Last edited:

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
I rarely ever see Mac online anymore, maybe a few times every 50 times when the game came out, but now it is just ZSS every 3 out of 4 matches.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
For glory should be called NO ITEMS!MAC ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION! mode. Not to mention the annoying amount of Ike and Bowser.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
For glory should be called NO ITEMS!MAC ONLY! FINAL DESTINATION! mode. Not to mention the annoying amount of Ike and Bowser.
Ouch! I love Bowser!

I promise its not because of his apparent OPness; if its any consolation, I loved using him in Brawl.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
What's funny is that there doesn't seem to be any rankings of anysort associated with online mode/for glory. It only applies to the games in the vault and perhaps smash run (not certain about that one).
There's matchmaking though. You can tell just by watching Spectate matches that higher percent win-rates get matched up with others of similar percentage. And then it's usually a fight of similar skill levels.

I really haven't seen many Little Macs at all, so every one of these threads that are created about how there are so many Macs in FG are unrelatable to me. I think it could be that many are still in the lower-level parts of For Glory and because of matchmaking are getting matched with scrub Macs. Once people improve theirr win rate a bit more I think it should start matching them with people who have reasonable skill (a.k.a, no scrub Macs).

And also, everyone who says Mac is really easy to beat, the only reason for that is because you're fighting sucky Macs. Mac is incredibly powerful in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing (like every other character), and many say "oh, all you have to do is grab him", but a good Mac knows that. They're going to avoid giving you the chance to grab them as much as possible.
While Mac has a very simple basis for his moveset - he's great and the ground, and garbage in the air - he actually requires more skill than it might seem. You CAN actually play a semi-defensive Mac. You have to know his weaknesses, and avoid them. That's how he's played.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
Nothing against people that like Bowser to wreck things instead of choosing him because the tier list says so.
I agree, I never follow tier lists. Ike is a great example of a lower tier character that I love.

Last edited:

Lt.Serg

Smash Rookie
Hello i am addicted to using Little Mac. I have beaten many people but i have never seen a good little mac, I barely see them. It might mean that Little Mac could possibly be removed from the game itself unless they give him a better way to recover. I still find him to be op though

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Love my little mac main, but honestly I think maybe I have fought only 6/7 really good Little Macs since launch.

Top Bottom