• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massive Amounts of Little Macs in 1v1 For Glory

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am starting to hate fighting Little Mac. 4 out of 5 matches I have in For Glory are against him. :ohwell:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
To be honest, Little Mac isn't really that great. While it may just be because I main Kirby, he's extraordinarily easy to kill, and most Little Mac's are pretty predictable on what they're going to do. However, I doubt many of the Little Mac players that I fight even main him - they're most likely bandwagoning.

Also, I don't really get Little Mac players that much... I mean, I'd say only like 10% of my matches are Little Mac. I barely EVER see a Bowser or ZSS, either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I get pretty excited when I see Little Mac pop up, it's almost a free win. His recovery is just so terrible that one single hit while off-stage is a stock.

Varying levels of skill abound, occasionally I can just run straight to the ledge, wait for a running attack, sheild > grab, throw them off, hit them once, stock. Repeat. Win. Seriously, it's almost silly.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind facing him, its just that most of them suck at using him. Either side b off the stage or just throw them off and hit them after their double jump.

Simple.

Smart little Mac players are pretty darn good too. They don't dash attack or side b a lot and they make good use of his super armor smash attacks and counter.

And its sometimes terrifying when they got that KO meter.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Everytime i encounter a Mac, i gimp them off the stage and deliberately counter their F smash using Lucina....

Then they leave.

TT-TT

D

Deleted member

You guys don't seem to be playing against very good Little Macs.
Which are most of them in For Glory.

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
I love facing Little Macs as Diddy. Just throw the peel at center stage and their approach is dash or side B. Both of which I have become so used to.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I get pretty excited when I see Little Mac pop up, it's almost a free win. His recovery is just so terrible that one single hit while off-stage is a stock.

Varying levels of skill abound, occasionally I can just run straight to the ledge, wait for a running attack, sheild > grab, throw them off, hit them once, stock. Repeat. Win. Seriously, it's almost silly.
I play against a lot of ppl that play vs Little Mac like this. They assume everyone is completely predictable and go for grabs/counters all the time to throw Mac off.

They tend to be the ones to lose. The people that counterpick to zoning characters and sit at the edge also usually lose.

The people that have been giving me the most trouble are the ones that actually play to control the stage and actually fight the ground game against Mac. The Captain Falcons that show no respect and just rush me down are more problematic than the Duck Hunts and Robins sitting at the edge trying to zone me out. Out of the campy characters, Rosalina, Peach, and Pikachu seem the only ones so far to even be able to pull off that stunt, everyone else just kinda gets destroyed for attempting it.

In my experience playing Mac, I think this character is super heavy in For Glory for 2 reasons. 1 is that he's really goddamned good on FD, and the other is that people massively underrate his ability to play near the edge and maybe even overestimate his power on the stage. Despite everyone thinking they've got the match-up figured out with their easy gimps, Mac's recovery options are actually not that bad in terms of mix-ups, they're only bad for distance, kind of like how even though Melee Falco's recovery is bad, it's still good compared to all the characters with linear recovery options despite going less distance.

This character is hard to play properly, and most the baddies on For Glory will die to Bthrow -> Bair or something from whatever character you're playing. Just prepare yourself to actually play the game for when you run into a Mac that doesn't walk into that, or else you're going to get destroyed by them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I play against a lot of ppl that play vs Little Mac like this. They assume everyone is completely predictable and go for grabs/counters all the time to throw Mac off.

They tend to be the ones to lose. The people that counterpick to zoning characters and sit at the edge also usually lose.

The people that have been giving me the most trouble are the ones that actually play to control the stage and actually fight the ground game against Mac. The Captain Falcons that show no respect and just rush me down are more problematic than the Duck Hunts and Robins sitting at the edge trying to zone me out. Out of the campy characters, Rosalina, Peach, and Pikachu seem the only ones so far to even be able to pull off that stunt, everyone else just kinda gets destroyed for attempting it.

In my experience playing Mac, I think this character is super heavy in For Glory for 2 reasons. 1 is that he's really goddamned good on FD, and the other is that people massively underrate his ability to play near the edge and maybe even overestimate his power on the stage. Despite everyone thinking they've got the match-up figured out with their easy gimps, Mac's recovery options are actually not that bad in terms of mix-ups, they're only bad for distance, kind of like how even though Melee Falco's recovery is bad, it's still good compared to all the characters with linear recovery options despite going less distance.

This character is hard to play properly, and most the baddies on For Glory will die to Bthrow -> Bair or something from whatever character you're playing. Just prepare yourself to actually play the game for when you run into a Mac that doesn't walk into that, or else you're going to get destroyed by them.
Seeing as you're a LM main I can see why you went full defense mode here, but obviously I'm aware that there are players out there who don't play Little Mac like a shrub.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
I've found the same things as UltiMario said, but from the side against Little Mac. I had a few matches with a solid LM player and ran into a lot of trouble when I tried playing keep away. Aggressive close fighters can really overwhelm LM, though, especially if they're heavier and can tank some abuse.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I haven't met that many but I guess it's the character I meet the most. They're fairly easy, very predictable and boring. I almost always win against a Little Mac. I think most of them are kids playing. I love Little Mac but I don't think I could use him very well.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
I see :4littlemac:and :4robinf: and:4dedede: the most.
Other characters sometimes.
And if i face a:4gaw: I always have a hard time lol

Ian095

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eponian
3DS FC
0473-7759-5302
Characters I see most often are: :4bowserjr::4myfriends::4greninja::4lucina::4megaman::4pacman::4robinm::rosalina::4sheik::4shulk::4zss:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, he's a new character and compared to others he really has a unique style that's easy to play as. So, I guess he's the Ike of SSB4.

Rosalina & Luma introduces the puppeteer play style and for those who know characters who fight alongside puppets, summons, etc., it's difficult to master. So, not many are going to go for her like Little Mac.

Shulk introduces a stance system, but he's not well-known so I don't expect many to see him and say, "Cool! Let's play as this guy", and like Rosy, he's kind of difficult since to master him is to master the Monado Arts which is like mastering Dante in Devil May Cry 4 - the enemies being designed for Nero didn't help out either.

Then there's Mega Man. He's interesting to say the least and I think you have to put more time into him then picking up Mario, Little Mac, Ike, etc. and going to town. Mega Man doesn't have a standard move set; his combo, nair, and side tilts are all ranged moves. His side smash is a ranged move, so is his neutral special, side special, down special, uair, and dair. Up tilt's (Shoryuken) is a good kill move, can act as a hop, and down tilt is a slide that you'd expect to be a dash attack, but that's the spinning tornado. He's the epitome of a ranger.
Funnily enough, whenever I check the Rosalina tag on Tumblr, I see a lot of people either rejoicing over or getting annoyed over the fact that she's apparently really common in For Glory.

I haven't encountered any other Rosalina players online though, and I've only faced about 5 Little Mac players total. 4 were meh to solid, and the one I was playing last night in a friend's lobby was actually incredible as him (though as soon as we played on stages with platforms I could deal with him fine).

I am kinda worried Mac will end up lagging behind later on in the game's lifespan, especially since he loses a lot of luster on a stage with platforms.

I actually can't recall any character I've seen excessively. The character I've faced the most in For Glory is either Mario or Greninja, but only by a small margin.

Last edited:

JosekiTheGreat

Smash Cadet
Yeah at first I played against infinity little macs, but after like 150 matches (85% winrate or so) I do not see him very often at all though. Maybe just ranking up a bit helps?

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
I see Little Macs all the time. The problem isn't because it's Little Mac, the problem is that they spam with him.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
The problem i have with facinog little Mac is:
They do suidecide a lot.
And they spam a lot

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
I play :4yoshi: and :4greninja: as well as :4mario: a lot, so this might sway my opinion a bit, but I have little issue with Lil Mac so far. He just gets bopped because they always think that the whole stage belongs to them, and that I'm gonna sit around and let them punch me. I suggest people use moves that control the field and get him off the ground. If you got a good air game, use it. If you have a cool charging move that knocks him up, use it. If you can make a read and punish his rolls, even better. I've even stomped on Mac users using :4ganondorf: on numerous occasions, and my FG win rate is like, 87-88% out of 90 games, so I'm not just hyping myself up...I think. Not sure how I compare to you guys. Maybe this ratio's really trash tier. I'm sorry if it is. q_q

I can't say for how good or bad they were, but Lil Mac has been the least of my concerns for a while now.

Last edited:

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
My first For Glory match was a Little Mac who got a free win off of me... I was completely underprepared for it (I had seen this topic floating about but paid it no mind) and he jab spammed me to death. Second fight was a really good one against a Pac-Man although he kept using his SideB... A lot. It became really predictable and I overcame it.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I also see some:4shulk: but its mostly overran with :4littlemac:.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Yea I've been seeing Little Macs everywhere, and all they seem to do is dash attack lol
It seems to work against me too ;_;

PuzzlePrism

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperMudkip
3DS FC
0301-9791-4897
I see him a lot, but I've only seen one or two actually good ones. Now whenever I see one I'm actually kinda happy because nine times out of ten it's a win.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
They play him because the lag really benefits his fast smashes which have armor frames. Honestly its just a bunch of scrubs, they're easy to handle. Most end up quitting after one round when I take both stocks from a dthrow at 60 percent into the knee.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
this reminds me of how everyone used Ike in online in brawl when it first came out
Funnily enough, I have played quite a few Ikes in THIS game, now that you mention it. My brother also mains him.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
I just leave after the first match against Macs now, even though I win them like 75% of the time. They're no fun to play against at this point.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I play for glory quite a bit, and I solo main Mac. My win ratio is sitting at 80% with about 200 matches played now. I can tell you right now that it isn't easy. Everyone and their mother knows how to counter mac. If you think you're clever by sitting at the ledge and waiting for a shield grab, you're dead wrong. That's only going to work on the macs that don't know what they're doing.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm glad I main Sonic.

Went against a few LM's so far, and it's easy to juggle/outspeed them. Yeah, they hit like tanks when left unchecked, but if you get them in the air or confuse them, then you've essentially got them. I've yet to be hit with a KO uppercut as I would go into troll mode with Sonic and essentially run at them, and jump and airdodge simultaneously, then hit them out of their shame.

After trying Little Mac for myself (in classic) I honestly can't really stand him. I like his power, but his aerial game is virtually nonexistent (I mean I knew that it was bad, but holy crap, there is barely anything to work with, here); I don't like being chained to the ground, regardless of him having probably the best ground game in Smash history. (Can KO as early as ~50%; in this new meta where you can survive to 180%+, that's freakin' nuts)

PeterJude

Smash Ace

This is the thing, Little Mac is extremely limited. It seems that he suffers from a similar problem to Ike though, in that as people who are inexperienced aren't very good at dealing with him, and "Omega Mode" tends to favour him (he's much stronger on flat, empty stages), a lot of people are going to use him, as against people who don't know what they're doing, it's an easy kill.

It's early, and he'll start to disappear over time as people get used to the game.

I'm glad I main Sonic.

Went against a few LM's so far, and it's easy to juggle/outspeed them. Yeah, they hit like tanks when left unchecked, but if you get them in the air or confuse them, then you've essentially got them. I've yet to be hit with a KO uppercut as I would go into troll mode with Sonic and essentially run at them, and jump and airdodge simultaneously, then hit them out of their shame.

After trying Little Mac for myself (in classic) I honestly can't really stand him. I like his power, but his aerial game is virtually nonexistent (I mean I knew that it was bad, but holy crap, there is barely anything to work with, here); I don't like being chained to the ground, regardless of him having probably the best ground game in Smash history. (Can KO as early as ~50%; in this new meta where you can survive to 180%+, that's freakin' nuts)
I actually quite like Little Mac, but I personally like to try all sorts of styles. The key for him though is that you need to know how not to be put in the air. Omega mode stages are a huge bonus for him, but the key is to be aware that if you're launched, or end up off stage, it's pretty much curtains if your opponent know what they're doing. Whilst he can KO at ~50% quite consistently done right, he can be doomed from 0% if you lose the momentum early or don't know how to deal with Kirby/Dedede.

Also, as a Sonic main, the best part of the whole game so far is how well Sonic has turned out.

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I must get all the good Macs, cause i'm below .500 in FG with at least 95% of those being Mac. Half the time they do that Super Armor thing, then they're too fast with the punches for me to counter. Also Palutena's constant counter spam aggravates me so much, and her range and speed are ridiculous.

LULZ180

Smash Rookie
Little Macs online are hilarious. Any character with a counter move makes quick work of them, as like 90% of all the players NEVER learn (seriously guys, you're so lucky Lucina has a relatively weak counter).

I do think that the number will go down eventually, as people learn that Little Mac isn't that great and try out new characters. Almost every person I played today switched characters after every match, win or lose.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Hmm...Ike fights for his friends.

Little Mac fights FOR GLORY!!!

How does that sound for a smash 4 meme?

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I can beat some Little Macs but I recently had trouble against one while playing as Duck Hunt. But I guess I'm the problem because I'm still learning that character....

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I can beat some Little Macs but I recently had trouble against one while playing as Duck Hunt. But I guess I'm the problem because I'm still learning that character....
There will also be some Little Macs who are genuinely good, and will actually be hard to beat.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
And I have a feeling that once that meta games grow a lot more in the next few months.We won't seeing nearly as much little macs online.

Qbopper

Smash Rookie
(Ironically, as I typed this message I ran into a Little Mac..)

I've ran into a lot of Little Macs, and playing against him his pretty hard as Zelda but it's definitely possible. Basically playing very defensively and forcing him to come to you helps deal with him as Zelda. Spot dodging and anticipating his attacks helps fight against him a lot. Also, grabbing. Every throw forces someone into the air, which is where Mac hates to be. So forcing some air game onto him is also helpful.

As for Lucina, it's all about spacing with her sword, countering the dash attacks, spot dodging and throws. Keeping on him also helps at times when they're flustered.

But of course this is all my opinion and how I've done against them so far.
If you're playing an aggressive Mac, they're just pretty bad.

A smart Mac will bait YOU.

Top Bottom