• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 25: Results are up!!!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MASS MADNESS 25
March 19th

!!!!!!!!!Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12382683
!!!!!!!!!!Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
If you need to contact either myself or the venue call one of these numbers:

Game Underground - 508-283-1503

MattDotCellPhone - 617-347-9686
My phone is okay to text

Pools will be run strictly for seeding! Those who make it out will be placed in a Pro Bracket. Those who do not will be placed into an Amateur Bracket and will be eligible to enter for an additional $5.

Setups, for those who are unaware, consist of a Gamecube/Wii, a Super Smash Bros Melee game disk, and a Cathode Ray Tube Television (CRT TV).

Setups are always very much needed.

1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701

Schedule

11:00 AM - Store Opens

11:30 AM - Sign ups for Melee Doubles

1 PM - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins

1:30 PM - Melee Doubles starts

2 PM - Melee Singles sign ups

3:30 PM - Melee Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins

4 PM - Melee Singles starts

11:00 PM - Get out

Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES:
(All prizes will be paid in cash. The store will take a 20% cut.)

Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for all events - 1st/2nd/3rd - 55%/30%/15%

MELEE RULESET

- Matches are best out of 3 with advanced slob picks and dave's stupid rule (explained below). Losers Finals, and Winners Finals are best out of 5, with Grand Finals being best out of 7.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, and the stage is random (using the random stages listed in the stage selection section).

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game declares the stage to be used, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character. Lastly, the loser of the previous game chooses his character, and the game can start.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

- All games are played with 4 stock, 8 minutes, and no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining (More stocks = win). If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage % (Less damage % = win). If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Before any stage is selected both players may agree to play on a specific stage or to not play on one of the random stages. (If both players don't like Battlefield, then you can agree that Battlefield will not be played if it comes up as the random stage)

Stage Striking:
At the beginning of the set, each player may strike one stage from the random list.
(It is only banned from the random selection, and can still be counter-picked later in the set)

Stage Selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium, Rainbow Cruise.

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story,
Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.
Counterpick Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, and Kongo Jungle 64

Additional Rules:

• For teams play: team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

• Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach must not say anything to the player (in terms of advice) until the match ends.

• Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unfinishable are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set.

Mages DQ Rule:
• • • 2 Minutes Late – Warning
• • • 4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
• • • 6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.

• Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

• Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time. Once the tournament has progressed specific setups will be open for friendlies and money matches.

• Do not leave during the tournament. If you leave and you have a match called during the time you are out the Mages DQ rule applies to you.

• PLEASE watch the amount of profanity in the air. This store is generally considered a family friendly area, and there are small kids and their parents that show up to these tournaments. Do your best to watch yourself, we don't want to give the smash community a bad name.

SETUPS ETC
If you are bringing anything to this tournament please post in the thread or PM me so I may add you to the lists below.

TVs:
- MattDotZeb
-
-

Cubes/Wiis:
-
-

Copies of SSBM:
-
-

Extension Cords:
-

Power Strips:
-

Please bring setups!!!!

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i have class on saturdays.

with that said:
I'll be skipping class on the 19th.

EDIT: just found out it's during my spring break, yaw hell ya.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
3 ppl from my school are coming to the tourney.
Awesome!
You'll have to introduce me to them :)

By the way guys, set ups are going to be extremely important for this tournament. I'm going to be running a Pro and Amateur Bracket. In order for it all to run smoothly I'm going to really need people to pull through.

Please, please post if you're bringing anything at all.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
i might be in philly that day, but if i can make it i will have 2 or 3 setups. i might just come late for fun.

Skler

Smash Master
Holy ****, this is during my SPRING BREAK (UNH has it a week late)!

That means I might make it.

That means I need to talk to Mike.

That means I'll win the tournament.

That means Mat.Zeb should change the title to "Mass Madness 25: Skler wins... the amateur bracket."

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Everyone really should come to this. NE is starting to step it up skill wise so we gotta all keep at it

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Shut your c0ck holster.

I copied the wrong stage list. I'll fix it.

There, it's fixed.

Dear Mike,

I'd like to refer you to a website.
http://www.stayfree.com/

I think you'll like it.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood MDZ
HoG 3 Results said:
Singles bracket:
1: Eggm ($177.60)
2: Hax ($81.40)
3: Swift ($51.80)
4: Alukard ($29.60)
5: Yedi ($14.80)
5: $mike ($14.80)
7: OTG
7: G$
9: Phish-It
9: Arc
9: Spawn
9: Hazzard
13: KevinM
13: Nando
13: MattDotZeb
13: QPac
17: HaileyM
17: $Andy
17: $Diesel
17: $Mafia
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome: :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Banks

Smash Hero
alright we're going

i call 5th place or above

hope you kept it warm for me ^__^

i'll bring a tv and approximately three duffle bags worth of hype

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
th0rn MM me for $10 Bo5?