• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace

You can see the heart shape of the mask where it gets narrow on the bottom.

You see the two big eyes the right space apart

You can see the spikes coming out of the mask on both the top and bottom.

Now look to the right of him after where someone drew the black circle line, you can see what looks to be a purple fairy with wings (Tael)

Skull Kid looks like he's sitting staring at Tael

You can see the heart shape of the mask where it gets narrow on the bottom.

You see the two big eyes the right space apart

You can see the spikes coming out of the mask on both the top and bottom.

Now look to the right of him after where someone drew the black circle line, you can see what looks to be a purple fairy with wings (Tael)

Skull Kid looks like he's sitting staring at Tael

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The Leak Bait theory seems like a plausible one.
All right, then for the sake of argument, who's to say Skull Kid wasn't as well? LoZ18 definitely did have real information on the E3 presentation, and then it seems like he had at least some info for the August Direct, even if parts of it were incorrect. So if he had true info for E3, maybe he himself got "leak baited" with half-baked August info and Skull Kid.

I mean, look how he just disappeared after Isabelle was revealed instead of Skull Kid. That doesn't exactly scream confidence to me.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Likewise do people know what the mach bike even looks like? The front of the mach bike doesn't even have headlights like that. Even assuming the Smash design is redesigned in some way, it doesn't look like it has a heart shaped front with spikes coming out of the sides.

cybersai

Smash Ace

There's also a purple fairy right next to him which makes sense, you can even see the wings. This looks nothing like the Mach Bike, but Majora's Mask facing to the right while sitting/squatting looking at Tael.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
All right, then for the sake of argument, who's to say Skull Kid wasn't as well? LoZ18 definitely did have real information on the E3 presentation, and then it seems like he had at least some info for the August Direct, even if parts of it were incorrect. So if he had true info for E3, maybe he himself got "leak baited" with half-baked August info and Skull Kid.

I mean, look how he just disappeared after Isabelle was revealed instead of Skull Kid. That doesn't exactly scream confidence to me.
That's fair enough.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Adding theory at the end of everything is becoming the blank-gate of the Smash speculation world

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
C cybersai

I see it. I really do. And I'm not trying to completely shut you down, or claim it's impossible. I just think it's...odd, for lack of a better term, that they'd be positioned like that. And tough to believe. I mean, it's already stretching my belief that with barely a month left to go before release, we have five unique newcomers left to reveal, so adding a sixth into that is even crazier. Especially when neither the text leak nor papagenos papagenos 's mysterious source mentioned Skull Kid at all.

And more than anything else, I don't want people getting their hopes up only to be disappointed later. That's why I'm not letting myself believe this (and why I wish you hadn't made such a compelling argument :laugh:).

Then of course there's the fact that we have just about every insider on the planet claiming it's fake. So who knows if it even matters at all?

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
C cybersai

I see it. I really do. And I'm not trying to completely shut you down, or claim it's impossible. I just think it's...odd, for lack of a better term, that they'd be positioned like that. And tough to believe. I mean, it's already stretching my belief that with barely a month left to go before release, we have five unique newcomers left to reveal, so adding a sixth into that is even crazier. Especially when neither the text leak nor papagenos papagenos 's mysterious source mentioned Skull Kid at all.

And more than anything else, I don't want people getting their hopes up only to be disappointed later. That's why I'm not letting myself believe this (and why I wish you hadn't made such a compelling argument :laugh:).

Then of course there's the fact that we have just about every insider on the planet claiming it's fake. So who knows if it even matters at all?
I don't trust insiders anymore tbh. I'm gonna stick with small potato people like Papa Geno and Billy.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You know, considering Skull Kid and Majora have a thing for chaos and pranks (albeit Majora does on a more deadly scale), I just got a mental image in my head of them screwing around with the Smash fanbase and making a leak together (Grinch leak or not), and having the fanbase speculate while they just laugh, enjoying the chaotic ride no matter who gets in or not. XD

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To be fair, if there’s one character that would be lying belly down between another character’s legs, it would be Skull Kid.

Or I guess Bayonetta too but that might bring the game up to an M-rating...

All Hail Me

Sarge
I hate this poster picture, just with how blurry it is, I have taken a photo of the land below. hanging out of a fast moving helicopter traveling maybe 50 feet off the ground with higher quality then this. How are we still getting big foot images after all these years?

EDIT: It had to be taken with a quick, obvious and incriminating arm movement if it was real... might as well have just snuck the phone camera lens out of the pants pocket and took the picture. Would have been better quality...

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I can totally get that! With such ambiguity and bluriness; I admit it is fun to entertain the possibility that Skull Kid snuck in under everyone's noses.
That would be the most Majora thing they could do. :laugh: Hiding, manipulating from the background, waiting for their time to strike...

EDIT: Sixteen users and six guests viewing this thread. Damn, this is the most play we've gotten in a while. :joyful:

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
for the sake of what I see, or rather what I want to see out of this, it looks to me like grab squating and reaching out towards Tael. Why it's so dark is beyond me but if that's the pose I think is most plausible for him, then it'd be that

cybersai

Smash Ace
It's not the motorcycle, look up online what the mach bike looks like, the front looks nothing like that in either the NES game or the old Smash trophies.

It's the exact shape of Majora's Mask instead.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
My question is this: if the leak in September and PG's source both listed those exact seven characters, and no more (which is what we have to assume; if there were more, PG probably would've mentioned them in one of his videos), then why did they miss Skull Kid? Why wasn't he included?

It just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
My question is this: if the leak in September and PG's source both listed those exact seven characters, and no more (which is what we have to assume; if there were more, PG probably would've mentioned them in one of his videos), then why did they miss Skull Kid? Why wasn't he included?

It just doesn't add up.
But didn't Papageno's only confirm Banjo though? Because from the video his sources only confirmed Banjo not the others and they put Inceneroar as a possibility because he might've just been leak bait from Nintendo to throw leakers off.

And regarding the possibility of Skull Kid in the poster I also feel like it might be him, I see the mask and I see light brownish in the bottom which would be his boots.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
But didn't Papageno's only confirm Banjo though? Because from the video his sources only confirmed Banjo not the others and they put Inceneroar as a possibility because he might've just been leak bait from Nintendo to throw leakers off.

And regarding the possibility of Skull Kid in the poster I also feel like it might be him, I see the mask and I see light brownish in the bottom which would be his boots.
If I recall correctly, his source said Banjo was 100% confirmed, and the other names had been heard of. They didn't say those names being tossed around were the only ones.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If I recall correctly, his source said Banjo was 100% confirmed, and the other names had been heard of. They didn't say those names being tossed around were the only ones.
This is correct. But the implication, to me at least, is that only those seven characters (EDIT: and Incineroar, whose fate is obviously still up in the air and throwing a wrench into things) were mentioned. Otherwise, wouldn't PG have mentioned other characters he had heard of? Especially one as highly rumored as Skull Kid?

And none of that addresses the text leak from September either.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
Unless Skull Kid is sitting in an unnaturally dark shadow or got a drastic redesign, I think we'd see a bit more orange/red if that was really him. I will admit that something that looks strikingly like Majora's Mask is near Mach Rider, but I can't really seem to find room for Skull kid wearing that mask.

Edit:

This is probably what you're seeing, by the way. The front wheel of Mach Rider's bike.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Unless Skull Kid is sitting in an unnaturally dark shadow or got a drastic redesign, I think we'd see a bit more orange/red if that was really him. I will admit that something that looks strikingly like Majora's Mask is near Mach Rider, but I can't really seem to find room for Skull kid wearing that mask.
I will admit I also see it too, but I don't wanna believe it because I know that I will be disappointed for trying to make myself believe that he can still make it in base roster.

Smash Apprentice

In all fairness this definitely could be plausible (maybe a 20% chance it's really him) but I REALLY doubt we'd be seeing those colors, then. He's just too dark and green...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

In all fairness this definitely could be plausible (maybe a 20% chance it's really him) but I REALLY doubt we'd be seeing those colors, then. He's just too dark and green...
one thing interesting to note
in alot of official art skull kid depicted as a silhouette with just the eyes visible and a fairy

If it's the real deal, maybe that's what they're going for

cybersai

Smash Ace
Someone made a high-res version of the banner:

It's Skull Kid. You can see the entire Majora's Mask and Tael the purple fairy is right next to him.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I would love to have SK in smash but....every character is very well placed, but Skull Kid is just "hidding" there,.... I still can't see Skull Kid there, he has very clear colors (yellow, orange, green...) and the only thing there we can see is 2 white/yellow "eyes"....

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Well... I have to admit, I don't want people seeing skull kid in the leak where he is not, pretending he would be the only desaturated character and that Mach rider would be riding nothing at all, to become the only posts on this thread from now on. Grasping at straws in desperation and editing the image to make it fit won't make it any more real.

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
I can see the potential for Skull Kid to be there in the image, but it seems too vague for me to believe, besides I reckon that spot is still taken up by Mach Rider and their bike.

I hope I am wrong, but the image appears too dark and lacking the distinctive majoras mask colour compared to every character around.

Nintendo: WE NEED A DIRECT announce one ASAP :p

Top Bottom