• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masahiro Sakurai to speak on developing Brawl at GDC 2008

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
As far as Sonic goes, that makes for an interesting story.
Actually, I doubt the story is all that interesting. It's just another game featuring a crossover, much like Boktai/Megaman Battle network, Capcom vs SNK/SNK vs Capcom, Metal Gear Solid 3/Ape Escape. etc.

Sonic is appearing in a Nintendo-developed game (Brawl) while Mario is appearing in a Sega-developed game (Mario vs Sonic at the Olympic Games). We may get crossover characters in future titles, as well.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I went in '05 because I live in the area. It's pretty **** expensive though... I hope it'll be streaming somewhere...

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Imagine this...

Sakurai: As a bonus to my appearance, I'd like to reveal a new character...

RIDLE-

Fanboy: HE'S TOO BIG!
Sakurai then proceeds to grab said Fanboi and throws him out of he window while yelling: "YOU MUST RECOVER!"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And then he uses Peach's down smash on them, Fox's shine, Marth's long grab, Sheik's chain grab, and finishes them with a Falcon Punch. The world then explodes. :laugh:

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Whoopie, I have a... 'friend' should i say, who is going to the GDC for his company (he works in the video game industry) I'm gonna ask him to see that!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
1) The GDC is next month, February 18-22.

2) There will be no streaming video of this presentation. There will be no audio of it either. Nor will there be any pictures of his PowerPoint slide presentation - cameras aren't allowed inside sessions like that at the GDC, unless you're press.

3) I know all this because I've worked at the GDC the past 4 years, helping to run the conference and make sure the patrons are happy. If this presentation ends up being on either Thursday or Friday, I have a chance of making it. If not, I'll have my little brother, who is working there this year (I'm not due to scholastic reasons) will attend and I can then post his review. However, the game will already be out in Japan by that time (and demoable out on the Expo Hall at the GDC), so any info will purely be for those interested in its development.

Dither

Smash Apprentice

2) There will be no streaming video of this presentation. There will be no audio of it either. Nor will there be any pictures of his PowerPoint slide presentation - cameras aren't allowed inside sessions like that at the GDC, unless you're press.

3) I know all this because I've worked at the GDC the past 4 years, helping to run the conference and make sure the patrons are happy. If this presentation ends up being on either Thursday or Friday, I have a chance of making it. If not, I'll have my little brother, who is working there this year (I'm not due to scholastic reasons) will attend and I can then post his review. However, the game will already be out in Japan by that time (and demoable out on the Expo Hall at the GDC), so any info will purely be for those interested in its development.
I don't get to go to GDC, but I'm actually very interested in the development side of it. If you would be willing to post your brother's comments, I'd love to read them. =)

Layupfreak

Smash Ace

Yeah i agree 100%

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I really what to get his insight on everything. This doesn't happen very often. It'd be nice to see how he came up with some ideas.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I figure that this topic could use a bump since the event is drawing closer. Another topic suggested some expansion possibility to Brawl to add more characters. Should this be the case, wouldn't it be mentioned at GDC?

Luigi player

Smash Master
More characters would be awesome, but I'm mostly hoping for an EU release date... because I have my doubts at more chars ^^'

Top Bottom