• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Trap Primer (Final Version, Item-Drop Trap Added)

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
For the ledge trap: what would you do if the opponent goes for letting go of the edge and getting back on the stage with an aerial as another option to the ledge trap (for those who don't have those other "special options" like Zelda/Falco, etc.)? Shield?

fantom1021

Smash Rookie
Is their a possible trap for when your falling from the air. like a side b to stall your fall and punish their reaction?

For the ledge trap: what would you do if the opponent goes for letting go of the edge and getting back on the stage with an aerial as another option to the ledge trap (for those who don't have those other "special options" like Zelda/Falco, etc.)? Shield?
If they're going to get back on the stage via a hitbox, i would just go for counter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deathbyawesome

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaijin8814
3DS FC
4227-4375-5257
Is their a possible trap for when your falling from the air. like a side b to stall your fall and punish their reaction?

If they're going to get back on the stage via a hitbox, i would just go for counter.
You wouldn't call what I would advice to be a trap, when you are falling and the opponent is on the ground there really isnt much you can do and I don't think a legit trap exists. However you can use hitboxes to scare and safely land with moves such as nair fastfall or even just neutral B timed to stab right before landing as to have a shorter landing. With neutral B your opponent is going to be betting on when the charge is over and with that you can mix it up and even land with it and tipper them as they run right into it.

Another option is to bait out aerials that you yourself can counter with aerial tippers or just evade with fastfall into another landing trap.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
If you go to the Capt Falcon Smashboards thread there is only one article.

It just says "Fsmash. If they still aren't dead, Fsmash again. Congratulations, you win."

ElementUser

Smash Cadet
Bumping this because as I play better people, I realize that traps are a necessity for Marth if you want to perform well with him.

UTilt also received less endlag in one of the patches after this thread was made, so UTilt is another useful tool to cover rolls & be anti-air for traps.

Last edited:

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Tell me if this was already known or not, but i was messing around in training mode with the item drop shield pressure trap. i found that if you shot hop > z-drop item on shield > and B-reverse your N-special, it will pop shields.
i tested this with robins books and packmans cherrys. it didnt quite seem to do all the shield damage you need when you use diddys bananas but it was still a lot of shield damage. so yeah.

If you grab an item, they are likely to choose shield because your only options then is to Dancing Blade, or throw it. so just approach with that shield break setup and on paper it should work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom