• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Footstool Slice of death

Marty_a.k.a._QueST

Smash Rookie
Me and my brother were just brawling and then he pulled this amazing looking hit off on me. He first footstooled me then immediately up- Bed killing me I'd make a video but I dunno how so if you wanna see it or if you know how to convert replays into videos just post your Wii Code and Brawl Code here so I can send the replay to you.

Wii 3573-4057-2383-2103
Brawl 2578-2802-7904

Marty_a.k.a._QueST

Smash Rookie
Oh ok cool the sad part was I was pissed off at the same time when he pulled it off, but you can't stay angry at something so beautiful. BTW is he the only person who can attack someone out of a footstool?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
I thought this was going to be footstool to dair

footstool to dair is sexier than footstool dolphin IMO

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
his footstool meteor smash is my favorite. It always hits.
Actually, Footstool to Dair is possible to Dair TOO early and miss the spike. Very unlikely, but I've done it once or twice.

Wow, didn't think footstool to Dolphin Slash was acceptable. Good going there.
I definitely didn't know about this either, and btw, I like it better, because Footstool to Dair is getting played out, and I bet all of us have done it more than once.

Also, this is much more practical to use on the stage if practiced and used correctly.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
his footstool meteor smash is my favorite. It always hits.
As Pierce said, the Footstool to Dair can be mistimed. Especially if you do to with ROB. His animation is weird from the footstool, so you need to delay it.

Am I the only one trying to find reverse Dolphin Slash's precise hitbox? It's like the old DS from Melee, sending them at a 70 degree angle basically. Too good, but its hitbox seems to be so small...

So what's with us bumping ancient threads? I guess it's not as bad as this one Toon Link thread from March just being recently bumped I guess...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Well, a little tip to land Footstool to anything is to Short hop footstool. Just like jumping, you can short hop or full hop a footstool. The ascension on the footstool is slower when you short hop, and makes it more possible to land the spike. Most people don't consider this when they footstool, which is why they have difficulty footstool spiking. It takes near perfect timing to full footstool to Dair.

I suspect the same would be true with Dolphin Slash. Practice it on the ground in training mode first. It's applicable there anyway.

Top Bottom