• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's Best/Worst Matchups

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
True Firefly, but I think Ike's attacks have more priority and range than Marth so I wouldn't call it a HUGE advantage, especially if the Ike knows how to manage his spacing, but Marth's speed does help.
Btw, I think you're the first person to actually post a "Best Matchup" :p

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Marth's worst matchup has all or most of the following:

1. Has a good, spammable projectile
2. Is fast & good at comboing
3. Has good recovery that can get around Marth's edgeguarding
4. Can outrange or outprioritize Marth in the air or on the ground
5. Has good throws that can set up combos after a shieldgrab
6. Has a strong, abusable KO move
7. Can edgeguard well

BOLT08

Smash Lord
good luck finding someone that can do any real comboing. Few characters can spam uptilts, that's about it.

Irondrac666

Smash Rookie
Guys, Marth easily outranges and can keep Metaknight in a constant spacing game that MK cannot win. Dont let him get inside, and the tide will stay on your side.
Okay but the problem with MK is that he change up the spacing, with his forward b and his nB is hard to predict. Mk is difficult because he has a mix bag of tricks that can overwhelm even a defensive marth player. I have found that the best way to beat mk is to mix up some counter into your game anf fair is *** after a b special.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Stop bumping old topics and Linguini is correct anyway. Marth has advantage on MK because he outspaces him and kills him sooner then MK kills him.

Top Bottom