• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth's best stages? Or worst?

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Firstly, maybe I'm just tired and breezed through these forums way too fast, but can anyone here share their thoughts on what Marth's best stages are? Or, well, if he's just not great on any stage, what are his worst stages?

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I mean stages like Battlefield that have platforms are good for Marth because his disjointed hit box can reach through the platforms and he can lad tippers easier with the platforms too. Also stages that have low ceilings like i think Town and City are good for his up throw, which kill at earlier percents then usual.

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I mean stages like Battlefield that have platforms are good for Marth because his disjointed hit box can reach through the platforms and he can lad tippers easier with the platforms too. Also stages that have low ceilings like i think Town and City are good for his up throw, which kill at earlier percents then usual.
Cool. I figured Battlefield would be good for that reason, but yesterday was my first (albeit tiny) tournament and based on the stage banning rule I just learned about, I assumed Battlefield would be banned by my opponent, so I needed to know if there was any others.

Didn't know about Town and City's low ceiling. themoreyouknow
thanks

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
Marth likes platforms in general, but Town and City won't help him as much as most other characters. The low ceiling makes characters like ZSS and Meta Knight broken, and definitely wont help vs Fox, Rosalina, Capt. Falcon. . . I hate that stage as Marth haha. On the other hand, Lylat is really, really good. Not only because many people hate it (the tilting bothers them) but also the platforms are the perfect height to space aerials and uptilts. Fsmash can also tipper people on the platforms if the stage is tilting! Oh and Dreamland and Delfino Plaza are both good too if your opponent bans Battlefield and Lylat.

Stages you will want to avoid are Final Destination (and Omegas), Halberd, and Town and City (but only vs the above characters). Hope this helps!

Last edited:

SilverForUbers

Smash Master
NNID
Silver4Ubers
Battlefield is easily his best stage. Getting tipper up tilts and fsmashes (sometimes) through the platforms puts a lot of platform pressure on the opponent. Also helps a lot with juggles.

In terms of other stages being bad or good it all depends on the opponent's character. Halberd should generally be avoided. Even if it helps Marth's Uthrow kill, it also helps others. And since Marth's is pretty weak you'll usually be dying first.

Dreamland, Smashville, and Lylat are all good stages for Marth.

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Halberd is good for marth unless your opponent can get easy kills off the top. you have a huge platform in the middle of the stage.

and i think the SV platform guarantees tipper upsmash, so if you get taken there it's something to look for. and don't forget platform SB shenanigans and upthrowing as more reliable kill options no matter where you go.

the wind on dreamland can be annoying. is castle siege still legal? delfino gets pretty janky too, it's a risky choice.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I like planking on Lylat. Upair, Bair, and Fair reach through the stage. Only recommend it in some match ups like Ness since he can't reliably punish it with anything other than PK Thunder.

Pugwest

Smash Apprentice
Personally my go to stages are

Battlefield > Castle > Omega FD > Smashville > Lylat > TnC > Delfino > Halberd > Dreamland

Dreamland wind messes you up sometimes and characters like Greninja and Mario can gimp you easier on that stage.

Duck hunt is basically a whack FD that helps mobile characters camp.

Yaya Haider

Banned via Warnings
NNID
HeroYaYa
3DS FC
0490-6092-1077
I feel like the smaller the stage the better. Since Marth is a sword fighter, his hurtbox will cover the stage more then other fighters thus making more stage control, having a better chance for tippers, More pressure, and less breathing room.

Of course it matters on the match up in hand bare in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom