• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs Snake tips?

Aeramis

Smash Ace
One of my friends online plays a mean snake. Just use spacing, play smart, and aggressive. Use tons of short hop double forward airs and Side B combos. You can upB out of shield if his gets in too close.When you knock him off stage and he makes it back high he will probably try air attacks to get to the ground and you can running upsmash to up air easy or counter if you know it's coming. Watch out for his jabs and tackle. Also watch for his mortar upsmash.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Aeramis is correct...
I think being aggressive vs snake is the way to go...
Also, don't let him break your neck in the grab! That's just embarrassing to watch happen, and I bet it hurts too :(

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Yep.

My friends an absolute ***** when it comes to Snake, but the best way to get rid of him is get up close and personal. His moves almost take twice as long to perform than Marth's, so just keep short hoppin Fairing him an dont give him time to set any mines or C4.

Most of all, if you know an attack is comin, counter, counter - counter! Snake's attacks have a mean knockback and with Marth's improved counter, he'll send Snake flying.

Irondrac666

Smash Rookie
Yeah ia agree don't let snake distance himself from you. Keep up aggresion and don't counter his explosive projectiles, they still hurt. forward B snake when he is punch combining to blast him away. When he charges smash let him know who who with a fair

TRu_Ch40s

Smash Rookie
biggest thing is to pay attention to mines and c4 and play very aggressive, the more up in his face you are the harder it his for him to get his spacing with grenades and c4. if you stop him from using projectiles hes no longer a projectile character

V

Smash Ace
use moves with very little lag, even if they dont do the most damage. and always fight up close. dont let him use his projectiles from a distance. dancing blade works very well. side step down smash him alot too. thats a good short combo

Top Bottom