• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth vs. Samus

elder189

Smash Rookie
Hey guys could anyone give me some advice on this matchup?

strategies, combos, stages, anything to help out? my good
friend is a marth main and for some reason he cant play this
matchup at tourneys, i thought i could give him some help.

any advice would me much appreciated! :) thanks!

Beat!

Smash Master
Fair if Samus is in the air

Dtilt if she's on the ground

Dtilt edgeguard (or go for super flashy REVERSE UP-B EDGEGUARDS)

Grab every once in a while and mix up the throws

Done

elder189

Smash Rookie
Fair if Samus is in the air

Dtilt if she's on the ground

Dtilt edgeguard (or go for super flashy REVERSE UP-B EDGEGUARDS)

Grab every once in a while and mix up the throws

Done
thanks a lot man. ive been looking around youtube for some videos of the matchup but for some reason i cant find a good one... well i cant find one at all lol. are there any good matches to watch?

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
jab her missiles cuz it will help u approach more, play patiently and space her out

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Alright. Fthrow can lead to some Fair stuff, if they DI in I think. Get her off stage and bair edgeguard her the best you can. I've tested this. Samus dies at about 128% on FD and BF from Utilt. Ftilt her missles. Don't try and shield/powershield them or you will just get trapped. Once you get her in the air, never let her come back down. She can only try and bomb away to get away from that, so just follow her. Uthrow is good just make her stay in the air with Uair. Uair is your best friend here. Samus can CC your late Fair, even if you space it, so watch the hell out. Maybe you could Dair her CC? Cause Marth's Dair can't be CC'ed. Maybe that would work, but you still may eat a Dsmash from your lag.
Dtilt her, but you really need to space it.

Top Bottom