• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Trouble Help Plz

=P.

Smash Apprentice
All right so i basically decided to start manning up and main c falc, but right now im having a lot of problems with marths and im not sure y any tips or pointers with this match-up i just cant seem to figure it out/ my biggest problem is approach, and well just what attacks i should be using to either get hits into stuff or get around marth and that big gay sword of his

plz and thanks ahead of time

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The thing is with falcon is that you're not suppose to approach. DD a lot and wait for him to mess up then grab him. If he's above you, you should try to uair him because marth is weak from below.

legion598

Smash Ace
just get him in the air alot or on platforms and **** him to death. U have to get used to his range tho and specifically his dash attack and Utilt are very difficult to avoid at first. Just picture a large bubble around marth that will **** u if u get inside of it at the wrong times

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
@ 0% Grab - DThrow CG until like 15 percent. (Doesnt work if they DI away)
15 - 30/35 Down Throw Upair
40 - 80 Dthrow Nair -> Wheel of Fortune or more up airs
80 - 90 Up Throw Knee
Above 120% Down Throw Knee

Also between like 50 - 80 Percent you can do Stomp -> Knee.

In my experience (Against a really scrubby Marth) It seems like you can do any move -> Knee from about 50 - 80/90%

=P.

Smash Apprentice
All rite so what do i do if he wont approach me and does a lot of retreating nairs with few missed l-cancels into jabs which feels like im facing a wall of sword, and as for dairs i almost always eat an u-tilt for attempting it but im slowly learning the bubble and the grabs its just annoying as all hell

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dash Dance within his radius (his bubble) and sooner or later he'll try to punish you for DDing and most likely he won't succeed and then you punish him for trying to hit you. CF's game is based on countering. Also, NEVER approach with a dair. Falcons only reliable approach is his nair. Falcon sucks Q_Q

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
You hit him first, then make him approach you. If not get close and just chill in his range, If he Fsmashes shield it and punish(Knee, Grab if you're close enough) if he doesnt nothing, grab.

Dart

Smash Lord
You hit him first, then make him approach you. If not get close and just chill in his range, If he Fsmashes shield it and punish(Knee, Grab if you're close enough) if he doesnt nothing, grab.
ive watched you play that marth...*shakes head in disgust*

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
from 30% + you can uthrow to uair, its a bit more reliable than dthrow uair because you can hit them with the uair if they DI away and they can't fair out of it, but if they DI inwards you may only get 1 uair in unless you can pivot uair fast, otherwise a bair may suffice but it's hard to follow up from if they DI it away.

I just dthrow tech chase up until around 30% and then start uthrow uairing racking up damage until uthrow uair knee or uthrow knee works.

The main thing to worry about is how they space. If they are sort hop nairing alot you dont have alot of choices, some marths like to shuffly fairs which are way easier to punish, also be careful for the sudden dtilt if you try to run in but are a bit slow. SOMETIMES raptor boost is good for mind games, but yeah it's hard, all i can say is watch their spacing and then when you grab them make sure you profit from it. practice until you get the most out of every grab.

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you use your falco and laser **** him? You know how to play as multiple characters. Use it to your advantage. Plus I miss playing your falco. Those are fun matches and you rarely use him anymore.

Top Bottom