• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth, the ledge king - Running getup? No. Walking getup. ( 1 Consistent method found)

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
No wonder I couldn't do this easily. I use tap jump so it gets weird as I can see. That's fine. I still have L or Y as jump buttons so I'll simply allocate this tech to another jump button. Let's see how consistently I am able to do this

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I was thinking about using this to perform an option select. If you like to nair or fair back onto the stage, use the z button instead of the a button. You can still get your nair and fair but if by chance you get the walking getup, you will grab instead. If the opponent is conditioned to block ledge to nair or fair, he will get grabbed when you get it right.

I should briefly explain the option select. An off-the-ledge nair or fair using the z button requires the same button input as if you were to walk from the ledge and grab. The only difference is the timing. Since this ledge thing is done mostly by mistake, you can just always use z to take advantage of the rare outcome that you actually pull it off. You're basically attempting two maneuvers while inputting one sequence. I have been doing this for a few sessions and when I pull it off, not only am I surprised, so is the opponent.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I was thinking about using this to perform an option select. If you like to nair or fair back onto the stage, use the z button instead of the a button. You can still get your nair and fair but if by chance you get the walking getup, you will grab instead. If the opponent is conditioned to block ledge to nair or fair, he will get grabbed when you get it right.

I should briefly explain the option select. An off-the-ledge nair or fair using the z button requires the same button input as if you were to walk from the ledge and grab. The only difference is the timing. Since this ledge thing is done mostly by mistake, you can just always use z to take advantage of the rare outcome that you actually pull it off. You're basically attempting two maneuvers while inputting one sequence. I have been doing this for a few sessions and when I pull it off, not only am I surprised, so is the opponent.
Haven't done this myself, but I'm 99% sure z in the air inputs as an airdodge.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Haven't done this myself, but I'm 99% sure z in the air inputs as an airdodge.
You're right, my buttons were different lol my bad. I'm still trying to make it work. I did it by mistake twice in offline matches.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah Z is air dodge but is otherwise a great idea.

Because one thing you could still do with the air dodge is air dodge past the opponent and Bair (or Uair if you wanna go the combo route). So whether you mess the tech up or not, you get them offstage with a Bthrow or Bair.

EzraHuntings

Smash Rookie
I've done this technique several times, but not consistently. Are there practice techniques on this tech? Btw, is this the same tech covered by My Smash Corner?

Top Bottom