• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Recovery options (Edge canceled up B)

Dextrose

Smash Cadet
I am in the process of getting into Melee more competitively and have been practicing Marth as a main. One of Marths' weaknesses is his recovery; relying on his double jump, being predictable, and dealing with landing lag. I can't remember who's Fox it was (i believe it was Hax$ against mango at the recent Pound 2016) but they edge canceled their up B. Because Fox's recovery is very good, this is more of a niche technique for specific cases, but when applied to Marth i feel it can significantly improve his recovery options.
How do you guys feel about Marth edge canceling his up B when recovering and how do you think it will add to his overall game (recovery more specifically)?

Life

Smash Hero
It's virtually impossible and not that big of an improvement even if you manage to get it somehow (because in order to get decent horizontal momentum to do it you have to upB very high).

Top Bottom