• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Moonwalk

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
How does one moonwalk with marth?

I've seen mango and PP pull off some pretty slick moon walking with marth
It's something I want to add to my game but cannot fully do
(other marths don't do it all that much)

I know for Marth to moonwalk you first have to be walking, then you input the normal moonwalk (captain falcon) command, so I can do it once

But my question is how do you do it again from there without stopping?
Like be able to "moonwalk across FD" which is the standard without stopping

Beat!

Smash Master
Moonwalking more than once à la Falcon is virtually impossible with Marth. Like, if you time it really well you *can* get a second one (which won't take you very far at all), but not more than that.

Not something I recommend practicing. Moonwalking once can be pretty nice sometimes (for ledge grabbing and stuff) but any more than that just isn't useful.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
You can sorta pseud0-moonwalk when you if dash from a standstill, then instantly turn around so that you stand and slide keep sliding while standing.

Kinda useful for ledge stuff, but its not important, but it does have it uses b/c any time you can instantly turn around and be standing is great.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
You mean the way I do it flawlessly, right before I grab Tyler?

Mines technically not a moonwalk.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Moonwalk is only good for two things:

1) Grabbing the edge.

2) Looking cool.

You CAN use it as a sort of movement mindgame. Though I have only seen one person use it in that manner.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I moonwalk with marth by wavedashing backwards and then doing the regular moonwalk input. You can also wave dash backwards and then tap the joy stick forwards and then release it to neutral and marth will sort of dash in place. You can do a heavily delayed dash attack like this and it looks funny since he just suddenly jerks forward.

With all that, though, I don't use any of it in matches. The only weird physics thing I use with marth in matches is wavedash backwards and then short hop which works like falcon's moonwalk into short hop where you get your running speed jump, but you are going backwards. It's handy if you need a little more space between your opponent after the wave dash, and you can always sort of stop the momentum to get marth in the spot you need him.

n0ne

Smash Ace
on the ledge, i moonwalk backwards then forward b, to get extra momentum/distance for my bair edgeguards, while still retaining my 2nd jump.
it makes ur forward b make u advance a lot.

AirFair

Marth tho
tbh i think that moonwalking is more useful on characters like falcon, not to say it's a bad skill, I just don't see marth using it very much

Top Bottom